Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WKU--EKU thread
Bookmark and Share
wkuhilltopperfan Online
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Exclamation WKU--EKU thread
I dont really expect things to be to close, line came out this morning at WKU -38.50. This is a old rivalry, so anything is possible but I think we just have way better talent than that of EKU and overpower them

My guess 52-17

Go Tops!
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 01:14 PM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
09-02-2017 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

xxxoduxxx Offline
2nd String

I Root For: XXXODUXXX
RE: WKU--EKU thread
[Image: landscape-1472823228-footballfall.gif]
09-02-2017 05:02 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

How long did you look for that?
09-02-2017 05:12 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Online
Heisman

(09-02-2017 05:02 PM)xxxoduxxx Wrote:  [Image: landscape-1472823228-footballfall.gif]

And demolished teams after that happened
09-02-2017 05:17 PM
BKTopper Offline
1st String

Thought we'd be steamrolling by now
09-02-2017 08:24 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

OL not protecting White which does not bode well rest of season, hope they come together and improved as season goes along...Also missing Ward, Baker which doesn't help our offense or defense....
09-02-2017 08:43 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

FInal 31-17, ugly game....Not going to throw team under the bus after one game but we have some work to do...What concerns me the most is the OL played like dog crap tonight, that is not good and White got him more tonight then all last season vs. a mediocre FCS team.....New coaching staff you just never know, not going to throw staff under bus but tonight's effort was a D, we are going to have to play much better starting next week...
09-02-2017 09:23 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Online
Heisman

(09-02-2017 09:23 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  FInal 31-17, ugly game....Not going to throw team under the bus after one game but we have some work to do...What concerns me the most is the OL played like dog crap tonight, that is not good and White got him more tonight then all last season vs. a mediocre FCS team.....New coaching staff you just never know, not going to throw staff under bus but tonight's effort was a D, we are going to have to play much better starting next week...

I pretty much agree, although i do think EKU is much much improved, they had a ton of d1 transfers
09-02-2017 10:02 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
I'll throw the new staff under the bus.

Sanford looks like he's in over his head. 34 years old. I said the same thing about Willie after the Indiana State loss but he turned it around. Sanford didn't need to turn things around but he seems like he's trying to reinvent the wheel.

O-Line play was terrible.

Defense is softer that Charmin. Super soft. Keep it in front of you, bend don't break dee. No agressiveness at all.

Very, very disappointed. He's 34 going on 65 with his play calling. I haven't seen anyone that conservative since Jimmy Feix was on the hill. How can someone out of the Boise tree be so damn vanilla?

I hope Baker coming back will help our running game. Ferby went down when someone breathed on him. Played very soft as well. I thought White did a good job for as little protection as he had.

I know we were spoiled under Brohm and Petrino with exciting football. I had hoped the comedown wouldn't be this hard. We made the UConn txfer Boyle look like Dan Marino tonight. Zero pressure on him and secondary playing 15 yards deep.

I thought Lucky Jackson did a good job tonight. I thought White did a good job. After that I have nothing. Sanford is in over his head. This conference will eat that defense alive.
09-02-2017 10:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wkuhilltopperfan Online
Heisman

(09-02-2017 10:03 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  I'll throw the new staff under the bus.

Sanford looks like he's in over his head. 34 years old. I said the same thing about Willie after the Indiana State loss but he turned it around. Sanford didn't need to turn things around but he seems like he's trying to reinvent the wheel.

O-Line play was terrible.

Defense is softer that Charmin. Super soft. Keep it in front of you, bend don't break dee. No agressiveness at all.

Very, very disappointed. He's 34 going on 65 with his play calling. I haven't seen anyone that conservative since Jimmy Feix was on the hill. How can someone out of the Boise tree be so damn vanilla?

I hope Baker coming back will help our running game. Ferby went down when someone breathed on him. Played very soft as well. I thought White did a good job for as little protection as he had.

I know we were spoiled under Brohm and Petrino with exciting football. I had hoped the comedown wouldn't be this hard. We made the UConn txfer Boyle look like Dan Marino tonight. Zero pressure on him and secondary playing 15 yards deep.

I thought Lucky Jackson did a good job tonight. I thought White did a good job. After that I have nothing. Sanford is in over his head. This conference will eat that defense alive.

No doubt it was painful to watch, if we don't improve quickly....we are looking at a 5-7 win team
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 10:10 PM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
09-02-2017 10:09 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

After Week 1, I dont see any team in this conference eating anything alive..In face does any team in CUSA have a pulse this season after Week1? I think Sanford was holding some things back as far as play calling.....I really hope to see more wrinkles next week, he also mentioned Xavier Lane being a huge difference next week.....So with Lane and Baker next week, I hope we look better on offense and OL gets back to work this week....Defense was missing our captain tonight Marcus Ward, have no idea how long he is out and I am sure our crack staff of reporters dont know either, but we need him back also..Giving a pass on the first game of season, lets see what we see next couple of weeks and I will have a lot better idea how this season may go...
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 10:18 PM by WKUFan518.)
09-02-2017 10:17 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I will put it this way...coach lied in his interview or Todd made a ******* mistake that should never be made. On the way down I was talking to my son and listening to S. Miss vs uk. I said what kind of ******* stupid AD hires someone that plays a control offense that looks like it was made for 1990s after you turn the program around with a fun wide open offense.

Little did I know that is exactly what Western was doing.

So Coach either lied when he gave his vision of the offense he was going to run. Or Todd never asked him...or Todd is a f'ing idiot for hiring someone that is going to run a offense that would make last years Marshall's offense look good.

I personally never been as high on Todd as most Western fans but not in a million years did I believe he would hire a football coach that didn't play a style close to what Western played for 4 years.

As for the offensive line they had to learn a totally different system than the last 3 years...control your man for the short quick passes. Now they have to control and hold the block for a couple more seconds because there's no release...everything is down field 8+ yards.

No release passes to a back
no release passes to a tight end
no release passes on a slot
No screens
No hitting the hot receiver who's man shot the gap

I noticed it the few practices I went to and the spring game...everything was down field and 3 vanilla routes. PREDICABLE. EKU saw that and tee'd off on White.

Don't even want to think about this defense. Western looked like the smaller team. with 5 DP's that looked 5'6 and 140 pounds . Is there another college program running a 4-2-5? When you take out that middle linebacker and bring in a 5th DB on EVERY PLAY....

you are going to give up the middle and 3 yard runs turns into 6 and the same with passes. But if you are going to play that style.....

you better play press coverage with your corners. You should have a safety to cover if you get beat.

The sad thing is our coach seem to be happy with where the defense and offense was heading into this game. So I'm hoping this is one game and a game he thought Western wins easy. And really the game never was in doubt. And he did not want to show Ill the offense he wants to run.

If not Todd made a mistake and one that should get his ass fired if this turns out like it feels it's going to.
09-02-2017 11:59 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

(09-02-2017 11:59 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  I will put it this way...coach lied in his interview or Todd made a ******* mistake that should never be made. On the way down I was talking to my son and listening to S. Miss vs uk. I said what kind of ******* stupid AD hires someone that plays a control offense that looks like it was made for 1990s after you turn the program around with a fun wide open offense.

So Coach either lied when he gave his vision of the offense he was going to run. Or Todd never asked him...or Todd is a f'ing idiot for hiring someone that is going to run a offense that would make last years Marshall's offense look good.

I personally never been as high on Todd as most Western fans but not in a million years did I believe he would hire a football coach that didn't play a style close to what Western played for 4 years.

As for the offensive line they had to learn a totally different system than the last 3 years...control your man for the short quick passes. Now they have to control and hold the block for a couple more seconds because there's no release...everything is down field 8+ yards.

No screens

I noticed it the few practices I went to and the spring game...everything was down field and 3 vanilla routes. PREDICABLE. EKU saw that and tee'd off on White.

Don't even want to think about this defense. Western looked like the smaller team. with 5 DP's that looked 5'6 and 140 pounds . Is there another college program running a 4-2-5? When you take out that middle linebacker and bring in a 5th DB on EVERY PLAY....

you are going to give up the middle and 3 yard runs turns into 6 and the same with passes. But if you are going to play that style.....

you better play press coverage with your corners. You should have a safety to cover if you get beat.

The sad thing is our coach seem to be happy with where the defense and offense was heading into this game. So I'm hoping this is one game and a game he thought Western wins easy. And really the game never was in doubt. And he did not want to show Ill the offense he wants to run.

If not Todd made a mistake and one that should get his ass fired if this turns out like it feels it's going to.

Michigan runs a 3-3-5, also to your point on being the smaller team. I have been worried for the last couple years how we would be in 2/3 years when brohms recruits started to play. Putting it nicely, he was a terrible recruiter who wanted to recruit ky only. Last coach that did that was eLLLLLLLLLLLLLLson..... there was a reason he had so many L's. Brohm won on taggerts players.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 12:04 AM by Jack Bauer.)
09-03-2017 12:01 AM
Theflash Offline
1st String

Just really a "blah" game. I was really most disappointed in our o line. Hope we play better next week for sure. Not gonna get too down.
09-03-2017 07:26 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Online
Heisman

Our fastest Back and our fastest receiver was not in the game (suspended) the loss of those two players alone can really effect plays, especially quick route / fast dumps off plays . If we have the same boring offense against Illinois..... its going to be a long season
09-03-2017 07:46 AM
Franko Offline
1st String

(09-03-2017 07:26 AM)Theflash Wrote:  Just really a "blah" game. I was really most disappointed in our o line. Hope we play better next week for sure. Not gonna get too down.
We did not play very well I have to agree. As Guns and others noted the offense was very vanilla and the defense was average at best. Hopefully we see a different team in Champaign next week or we lose.
I have to give EKU some props, their QB was actually pretty good and they should be much better than last fall with all their transfers.
Interesting that South Florida struggled with Stony Brook, who might be worse than EKU, by the identical score of 31-17.
09-03-2017 08:49 AM
Advertisement

TopsonTop Offline
Banned

I Root For: WKU, App State
Sanford has not only kept a tight lid on practices being pretty secretive, but has been genuinely excited about the potential of this team. I don't see that making sense unless we weren't showcasing our true potential to Illinois on purpose. Blowing out EKU does no good if Illinois gets to counter our big calls the next week. So I don't think Sanford (or rather I hope) is going to be vanilla. This guy isn't green, and he's experienced in good offense. But 2 take aways from this game though.... we are missing Forest Lamp big time and we need Baker to step up and perform next week.
09-03-2017 08:50 AM
TopsonTop Offline
Banned

I Root For: WKU, App State
(09-03-2017 08:49 AM)Franko Wrote:  
(09-03-2017 07:26 AM)Theflash Wrote:  Just really a "blah" game. I was really most disappointed in our o line. Hope we play better next week for sure. Not gonna get too down.
We did not play very well I have to agree. As Guns and others noted the offense was very vanilla and the defense was average at best. Hopefully we see a different team in Champaign next week or we lose.
I have to give EKU some props, their QB was actually pretty good and they should be much better than last fall with all their transfers.
Interesting that South Florida struggled with Stony Brook, who might be worse than EKU, by the identical score of 31-17.

After this game, I thought we had no shot in hell of beating a P5 this year, but then Illinois struggled against Ball State winning 24-21. So... there's a chance. Especially if sanford is holding his cards close to his chest.
09-03-2017 08:55 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

WKU--EKU thread
Illinois sucks if you watched their game yesterday, I bet Vegas still will favor us...WKU fans jumping off a cliff, you sound pathetic after one game...Brohm's teams always struggled out of the gate too running the ball, you guys have short memories....

Did anyone in CUSA look good this week? Short answer, no, this is a wide open race this season....Let's give the staff a few games, if after Sept offense looks like ****, then yes maybe time to be concerned at least for this season...I mean MTSU looked looked like dogshit with almost entire offense back and same staff for years....What's their excuse?
09-03-2017 09:57 AM
Eagleholic Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
(09-02-2017 11:59 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  I will put it this way...coach lied in his interview or Todd made a ******* mistake that should never be made. On the way down I was talking to my son and listening to S. Miss vs uk. I said what kind of ******* stupid AD hires someone that plays a control offense that looks like it was made for 1990s after you turn the program around with a fun wide open offense.

No screens

Souther Miss runs a 4-2-5. Even stayed in it late in the game when KY had a 2 TE set running the wildcat.

Many people thought last season would be the rebuilding year for EKU after losing the longtime QB. But you had almost everyone else back... OL, WR, RB, and Brohm. I was expecting WKU to take a step back this year even if Brohm was still there.

However, with the loss of your coach, who is one of the best that I've seen in CUSA, it wouldn't surprise me if WKU took a little bit bigger step back than I initially thought. You should still have more talent than much of CUSA, but this Southern Miss fans knows all too well what can happen when a new coach comes in and tries to fix what ain't broke. Best of luck!
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 10:14 AM by Eagleholic.)
09-03-2017 10:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.