Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Sacramento State at Idaho
Bookmark and Share
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
I just wanted to have a game thread like the cool kids. Game is in 8 hours and 45 minutes. We should win.

I don't know anything about Sacramento State because I don't care about FCS football. Well, one thing -- their OL coach is former WSU coach Paul Wulff.

Excited to see how our DL & LBs perform. I think we'll have the best front 7 we've had at Idaho in a very, very long time.
08-31-2017 11:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Sacramento State at Idaho
Any idea how the crowd size will be for tonight's game?
08-31-2017 11:17 AM
97App Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Appalachian St
Good Luck tonight!
08-31-2017 11:18 AM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
Just came in here to say good luck Idaho, we're all counting on you.
08-31-2017 11:20 AM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

(08-31-2017 11:17 AM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Any idea how the crowd size will be for tonight's game?

I'm guessing not great -- a ton of the momentum we should have coming off a bowl season has been crushed by the knowledge that our admin waved the white flag and this is our last season, so people aren't nearly as emotionally invested as they should be. What should be a very happy environment is fairly subdued around here. Plus, it's a Big Sky school so nobody cares.

OTOH, we had 4,100 people at a soccer game vs. BSU last week and a ton of free tickets to this game got handed out that our AD & prez will want to count. So I'm saying as a wild guess -- Official attendance 12,000, butts in seats 8-9,000.
08-31-2017 11:22 AM
Artemis Silver Bow Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TROY
Sacramento State @ Idaho
Idaho wins by 28
08-31-2017 11:27 AM
Advertisement

LatahCounty Offline
1st String

(08-31-2017 11:22 AM)LatahCounty Wrote:  
(08-31-2017 11:17 AM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Any idea how the crowd size will be for tonight's game?

I'm guessing not great -- a ton of the momentum we should have coming off a bowl season has been crushed by the knowledge that our admin waved the white flag and this is our last season, so people aren't nearly as emotionally invested as they should be. What should be a very happy environment is fairly subdued around here. Plus, it's a Big Sky school so nobody cares.

OTOH, we had 4,100 people at a soccer game vs. BSU last week and a ton of free tickets to this game got handed out that our AD & prez will want to count. So I'm saying as a wild guess -- Official attendance 12,000, butts in seats 8-9,000.

Let me revise this after checking the seat map. Tons of unsold seats. Maybe that gets papered over with free GA tickets, but the regular donor base is pissed and the casual fans are waiting for UNLV next week. I'm going to say announced 10K, 7K butts in seats. Just sad.
08-31-2017 11:33 AM
MontanaVandal Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Idaho Vandals
(08-31-2017 11:33 AM)LatahCounty Wrote:  

Let me revise this after checking the seat map. Tons of unsold seats. Maybe that gets papered over with free GA tickets, but the regular donor base is pissed and the casual fans are waiting for UNLV next week. I'm going to say announced 10K, 7K butts in seats. Just sad.

I am hoping for 11-12k, I do expect a good student turnout....Hard for fans to get to Moscow for a Thursday game when it should be a blowout. I am expecting a big crowd for UNLV next week especially since BSU is playing at WSU giving fans a chance to go to a double header.
08-31-2017 11:57 AM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State

I get what you mean, but considering you're so far away do people up there really care if it's a Sun Belt team? They don't here in TX and we're much closer.
08-31-2017 12:05 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
My thinking is they should care about the Big Sky as it is their future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
08-31-2017 12:08 PM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

(08-31-2017 12:05 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  

I get what you mean, but considering you're so far away do people up there really care if it's a Sun Belt team? They don't here in TX and we're much closer.

For casual fans, the type who go to maybe a game a year, Sun Belt schools are about the same draw as all non-Montana Big Sky schools -- basically none. But for the people who follow college football, buy season tickets and donate to the program, the difference between FBS and FCS is crucial. Plus, there's always the chance a Sun Belt school could be good enough to get real exposure and become a draw in spite of geography. I'd expect a good crowd for App St., for example. That's basically impossible in the Big Sky.
08-31-2017 12:38 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

(08-31-2017 12:08 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  My thinking is they should care about the Big Sky as it is their future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If fans were rational I'd agree, but how can you expect fans of a team moving down to not be upset about a lesser division? I know if TXST went back down to FCS I wouldn't support anymore. It doesn't matter that most Southland schools are much closer than every Sun Belt school to us, so I doubt most Idaho fans would care simply because Big Sky schools are closer. Maybe I'd watch the FBS game but that would be it. If I were rational I'd support my school no matter what, but that isn't the case, I didn't pay attention the first time we were FCS either.
08-31-2017 12:41 PM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

might be a stupid question but i'll ask anyway! Is there a possibility Idaho can back out last second and try the independent course? (I can't imagine what a pain scheduling would be but it seems like NMSU was able to do it in like 5-6 months for next season and future games)
08-31-2017 12:47 PM
MontanaVandal Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Idaho Vandals
(08-31-2017 12:47 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  might be a stupid question but i'll ask anyway! Is there a possibility Idaho can back out last second and try the independent course? (I can't imagine what a pain scheduling would be but it seems like NMSU was able to do it in like 5-6 months for next season and future games)

Our coach has hinted at it and we have not reported any kind of conference scheduling so I hope there is a slight chance. Regarding fans looking forward to a Big Sky game, Sacramento State is the bottom of the barrel for FCS and I think if it were Eastern Wash.-Montana-Montana State-Idaho State the attendance would be a bit better. We did start against Montana State last year and attendance wasn't great, but we were coming off a 4-8 season. I was in school during the WAC years and we had some great sellouts vs Fresno-Colorado State- Louisiana Tech- And BSU that were a lot of fun and the fan base was super hyped. I just get a lot worse vibe than those years even though I think this Vandal team is better than those teams.
08-31-2017 12:57 PM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

(08-31-2017 12:47 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  might be a stupid question but i'll ask anyway! Is there a possibility Idaho can back out last second and try the independent course? (I can't imagine what a pain scheduling would be but it seems like NMSU was able to do it in like 5-6 months for next season and future games)

At this point, even if Chuck Staben were visited by three ghosts who showed him the error of his ways there'd be a lot of concern over the kind of schedule we could put together at this late date. I'd put the odds at very, very, very slim.
08-31-2017 05:42 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

Idaho down 3-0 early in the 2Q
08-31-2017 08:48 PM
Advertisement

RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

Sluggish start for the vandals
08-31-2017 08:51 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
Deja vu

Sent from my LGLS992 using CSNbbs mobile app
08-31-2017 08:58 PM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
(08-31-2017 08:48 PM)slycat Wrote:  Idaho down 3-0 early in the 2Q

I've seen this before today somewhere....
08-31-2017 09:00 PM
Check Yosef Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(08-31-2017 09:00 PM)EagleNationRising Wrote:  
(08-31-2017 08:48 PM)slycat Wrote:  Idaho down 3-0 early in the 2Q

I've seen this before today somewhere....
Yea but Idaho looks 3x the size of Sacramento so i dont see it staying like that

Sent from my LGLS992 using CSNbbs mobile app
08-31-2017 09:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.