Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question about game day shuttle
Bookmark and Share
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
Question about game day shuttle
Has anyone ever used the shuttle bus that runs from the convention center to campus during games? If so, any general thoughts on it? Where does it drop you off at on campus?

thanks
08-29-2017 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eagle04 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Question about game day shuttle
(08-29-2017 11:46 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  Has anyone ever used the shuttle bus that runs from the convention center to campus during games? If so, any general thoughts on it? Where does it drop you off at on campus?

thanks

I've never used it personally. I do remember after the MSt game a couple years back seeing a long ass line of people by the physical plant waiting to get on the shuttle. I don't believe they had accounted for so many people to use the service. I could be totally wrong and maybe they have corrected the issue.
08-29-2017 12:36 PM
SouthernMissSNu Offline
1st String

I've never really had a problem parking on campus during game day. They just opened up a couple of new paved lots (former gravel lots) near Ross Blvd and 35th Ave that won't be reserved parking. It's not a bad walk through campus to the stadium.
08-29-2017 01:14 PM
Advertisement

EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I know about all the on campus parking. I'm asking about the shuttle for a specific situation.

Let me add another question..... Isn't there an on campus service to take people from parking lot up to the stadium and back if they need it?
08-29-2017 01:33 PM
theheadeagle Offline
2nd String

There's a shuttle from the Convention Center to the stadium on game day???? For what? Not like we are packing in 33,000 a game. Lucky to have 22,000 per game and there's parking much closer for that. Strange.
08-29-2017 02:04 PM
Advertisement

EagleMotor10 Offline
Water Engineer

(08-29-2017 01:33 PM)EagleFWB Wrote:  I know about all the on campus parking. I'm asking about the shuttle for a specific situation.

Let me add another question..... Isn't there an on campus service to take people from parking lot up to the stadium and back if they need it?

The University does have golf carts that run around on campus on game day to pick up disabled people. The person working the parking area should be able to get in touch with them. If that fails you can always call UPD and they should be able to get in touch with them.
08-29-2017 06:48 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(08-29-2017 12:36 PM)eagle04 Wrote:  
(08-29-2017 11:46 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  Has anyone ever used the shuttle bus that runs from the convention center to campus during games? If so, any general thoughts on it? Where does it drop you off at on campus?

thanks

I do remember after the MSt game a couple years back seeing a long ass line of people by the physical plant waiting to get on the shuttle. I don't believe they were ever accounted for.....

(In my best "Twilight Zone") Doo do doo doo, doo do doo doo....
08-29-2017 09:07 PM
Advertisement

eagle04 Offline
All American

(08-29-2017 09:07 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

thanks

I do remember after the MSt game a couple years back seeing a long ass line of people by the physical plant waiting to get on the shuttle. I don't believe they were ever accounted for.....

That explains the drop off in attendance. They all disappeared.
08-30-2017 09:06 AM
Eagle Talon Offline
2nd String

(08-30-2017 09:06 AM)eagle04 Wrote:  
(08-29-2017 09:07 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

thanks

That explains the drop off in attendance. They all disappeared.

My only experience with the shuttle was at the game vs. MS State, and it was decent getting to the game, but beyond horrible leaving. Stood in line for hours. I sure hope they have sorted out the kinks by now. Dropped off and picked up at the corner of 4th St. and the service road.
08-31-2017 02:30 AM
Advertisement

EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

Thanks for the info guys... I'm sure the MSU was an exception to the typical experience.
08-31-2017 07:37 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

(08-31-2017 02:30 AM)Eagle Talon Wrote:  My only experience with the shuttle was at the game vs. MS State, and it was decent getting to the game, but beyond horrible leaving. Stood in line for hours. I sure hope they have sorted out the kinks by now. Dropped off and picked up at the corner of 4th St. and the service road.

I'm surprised some USM entrepreneur hasn't started up their own golf-cart shuttle service... (Or would USM frown on that? I can't see why they would to be honest).

We had someone do that here in St. Louis, they'd take up to 3 people to any parking garage around Busch Stadium or the EJ Dome and would only ask you pay in tips.

Guy made a fortune doing it 'til the carriage owners and taxi commission raised hell about him taking their money.
08-31-2017 08:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.