Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mass Resignation from Arts and Humanities Committee
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Mass Resignation from Arts and Humanities Committee
The committee was formed by President Reagan.

Quote:Sixteen (of the 17) members of the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities resigned Friday, citing the president's recent rhetoric surrounding the violent demonstrations in Charlottesville, Virginia, last weekend.

"The Administration's refusal to quickly and unequivocally condemn the cancer of hatred only further emboldens those who wish America ill," a letter from the committee said. "We cannot sit idly by, the way your West Wing advisors have, without speaking out against your words and actions."
White House Arts Commission Members Resign
08-18-2017 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: Mass Resignation from Arts and Humanities Committee
04-cheers
08-18-2017 12:08 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(08-18-2017 12:04 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  The committee was formed by President Reagan.

Quote:Sixteen (of the 17) members of the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities resigned Friday, citing the president's recent rhetoric surrounding the violent demonstrations in Charlottesville, Virginia, last weekend.

"The Administration's refusal to quickly and unequivocally condemn the cancer of hatred only further emboldens those who wish America ill," a letter from the committee said. "We cannot sit idly by, the way your West Wing advisors have, without speaking out against your words and actions."

He was really not very clear on his position about hatred was he?

"we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of bigotry, hatred, and violence. It has no place in America. And as I have said many times before, no matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws; we all salute the same great flag; and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must discover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans. Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our creator, we are equal under the law, and we are equal under our constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America."

TDS... There is no cure and nothing will ever be enough.
08-18-2017 12:16 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Taxpayer winning!
08-18-2017 12:19 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
Strategy and policy forum
Manufacturing council
Arts and Humanities committee

What's next?
08-18-2017 12:21 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
If they don't absolutely need the paycheck, people are going to be exiting this admin. Being associated with it puts more pressure on you than you need.
08-18-2017 12:23 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-18-2017 12:16 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(08-18-2017 12:04 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  The committee was formed by President Reagan.

"we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of bigotry, hatred, and violence. It has no place in America. And as I have said many times before, no matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws; we all salute the same great flag; and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must discover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans. Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our creator, we are equal under the law, and we are equal under our constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America."

Basically, they all got reamed by their liberal Facebook friends and decided they needed to get off.

We should quit funding it at the federal level anyway.
08-18-2017 12:27 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
It's becoming increasingly disturbing how what Trumps words are being spun.

What's more disturbing is the otherwise smart people are falling in line with the spin.

These are some dark days.
08-18-2017 12:33 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-18-2017 12:33 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  It's becoming increasingly disturbing how what Trumps words are being spun.

What's more disturbing is the otherwise smart people are falling in line with the spin.

Its like Nomad says. Its not worth the harassment from the left. And that is their goal. They are trying to stop the conservative agenda through attacking Trump and intimidating people from helping him.
08-18-2017 12:35 PM
Hood-rich Offline

(08-18-2017 12:35 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(08-18-2017 12:33 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  It's becoming increasingly disturbing how what Trumps words are being spun.

Its like Nomad says. Its not worth the harassment from the left. And that is their goal. They are trying to stop the conservative agenda through attacking Trump and intimidating people from helping him.

Here's the thing.

None of that is going to stop. It doesn't matter what he says or does at this point. In their mind Trump is evil incarnate. The more people who fall in line with that mentality the more dangerous this situation will grow.

I'm starting to fear for Trump's life. Not kidding at all.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 12:36 PM by Hood-rich.)
08-18-2017 12:36 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Tuesday cancelled everything. And trump is the only thing deranged here by trying to defend the actions of Nazi's and White Supremacists.
08-18-2017 12:55 PM
Advertisement

Hood-rich Offline

(08-18-2017 12:55 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Tuesday cancelled everything. And trump is the only thing deranged here by trying to defend the actions of Nazi's and White Supremacists.

How exactly did he defend their actions?
08-18-2017 12:57 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

Sorry, but it should be a universal axiom, that you do not and cannot ever defend the actions and mindset of Nazi's in any way shape or form. trump did this Tuesday.
08-18-2017 12:58 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(08-18-2017 12:57 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  
(08-18-2017 12:55 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Tuesday cancelled everything. And trump is the only thing deranged here by trying to defend the actions of Nazi's and White Supremacists.

That's what they've been told that they heard.
08-18-2017 12:59 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

By calling them good people. Sorry, you just can't do it.

And you would be saying the exact same thing had Obama uttered the same words trump did and you know it. So just stop.
08-18-2017 12:59 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(08-18-2017 12:55 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Tuesday cancelled everything.

Of course it did... TDS... There is no cure and nothing will ever be enough.
08-18-2017 01:02 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(08-18-2017 12:58 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Sorry, but it should be a universal axiom, that you do not and cannot ever defend the actions and mindset of Nazi's in any way shape or form. trump did this Tuesday.

How, show how please... And are you saying it is ok in some way shape or form to defend the actions and mindset of antifa?
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 01:04 PM by Bull_Is_Back.)
08-18-2017 01:03 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(08-18-2017 12:59 PM)VA49er Wrote:  

You CANNOT call ANYONE participating in a Nazi march a good person. I don't need anyone to tell me that, all I need is history.

Now stop. If you don't like MY opinion, don't read it.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 01:08 PM by Redwingtom.)
08-18-2017 01:07 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(08-18-2017 01:03 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(08-18-2017 12:58 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

How, show how please... And are you saying it is ok in some way shape or form to defend the actions and mindset of antifa?

Stop with the straw men. NO ONE here is defending the actions of ANTIFA and never have. We've covered this for two months now. So either point to someone defending them or just stop.
08-18-2017 01:09 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(08-18-2017 12:59 PM)VA49er Wrote:  

Trump says this:

You're changing history. You're changing culture and you had people, and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists because they should be condemned, totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, OK?

The left hears this:

You're changing history. You're changing culture and you had people, and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists because they should be condemned, totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, OK?
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017 01:10 PM by Bull_Is_Back.)
08-18-2017 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.