Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Democrats Fret as Clinton Book Rollout Looms
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Democrats Fret as Clinton Book Rollout Looms
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/...lout-looms

Quote:Democrats, reveling in President Donald Trump’s plummeting popularity and the Republican Party’s civil wars, are looking forward to September. Except for one thing: the rollout of Hillary Clinton’s next book right after Labor Day.

Clinton has promised to “let my guard down” in the book, “What Happened,” explaining her shocking loss to Trump in November. She has already offered up several explanations, blaming Russian interference, former FBI director James Comey, and misogyny, while also acknowledging tactical errors by her campaign.

Many Washington Democrats, though unwilling to criticize her in public, wish she’d “move on,” as Senator Al Franken has put it. They fear that her complaints help Trump make his case that the controversies surrounding him flow from the Democrats’ bitterness about their 2016 loss.

Quote:Or as Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer told the Washington Post last month: “When you lose to somebody who has 40-percent popularity, you don’t blame other things -- Comey, Russia -- you blame yourself.”

Quote:By contrast, Clinton has moved from being an admired former New York senator and secretary of state to becoming a divisive and unpopular figure. In last month’s Bloomberg national poll, 58 percent of respondents rated her unfavorably compared to 39 percent who gave her favorable marks. More than one in five people who voted for her in November now regard her unfavorably. That was even worse than Trump’s standing in the same poll.

Indeed, the only figure with higher negatives in the survey, which was conducted by the Iowa polling firm Selzer & Co., was her old nemesis, Russian President Vladimir Putin.
08-17-2017 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Democrats Fret as Clinton Book Rollout Looms
HRC is the gift that keeps giving. I hope she lives to be 120 years old....
08-17-2017 12:08 PM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
I think it is a fair statement that she may be the most unliked woman in America.
08-17-2017 12:18 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
oh a book tour would be a great train wreck to watch.
08-17-2017 12:34 PM
Kaplony Offline

(08-17-2017 12:34 PM)fsquid Wrote:  oh a book tour would be a great train wreck to watch.

Yep.

I hope she follows it up with another book.
08-17-2017 12:49 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(08-17-2017 12:49 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(08-17-2017 12:34 PM)fsquid Wrote:  oh a book tour would be a great train wreck to watch.

Yep.

Hillary Clinton " What went wrong" 2017

Hillary Clinton " Now I get it" 2021.
08-17-2017 12:56 PM
Kaplony Offline

(08-17-2017 12:56 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(08-17-2017 12:49 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Yep.

Hillary Clinton " What went wrong" 2017

Hillary Clinton " Now I get it" 2021.

03-lmfao

I doubt she'd get it in 2021 either.

She reminds me of this guy we have here who has ran for either town council, county council, or the school board in every election since we moved here. He's never got more than 5% of the vote but he doesn't let that stop him. I mean at some point doesn't the realization have to hit "Not enough people like me and my policies for me to win"?
08-17-2017 01:06 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-17-2017 12:18 PM)solohawks Wrote:  I think it is a fair statement that she may be the most unliked woman in America.
Funny story about Carville and Stephanopolous. In 1992 their focus groups always turned negative when Hillary talked. Bill came to them and made a comment like, "It must have been her dress." Carville and Stephanopolous would repeat that for years and crack each other up.
08-17-2017 01:28 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(08-17-2017 11:47 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/...lout-looms

Quote:Democrats, reveling in President Donald Trump’s plummeting popularity and the Republican Party’s civil wars, are looking forward to September. Except for one thing: the rollout of Hillary Clinton’s next book right after Labor Day.

Clinton has promised to “let my guard down” in the book, “What Happened,” explaining her shocking loss to Trump in November. She has already offered up several explanations, blaming Russian interference, former FBI director James Comey, and misogyny, while also acknowledging tactical errors by her campaign.

Many Washington Democrats, though unwilling to criticize her in public, wish she’d “move on,” as Senator Al Franken has put it. They fear that her complaints help Trump make his case that the controversies surrounding him flow from the Democrats’ bitterness about their 2016 loss.

Quote:Or as Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer told the Washington Post last month: “When you lose to somebody who has 40-percent popularity, you don’t blame other things -- Comey, Russia -- you blame yourself.”

Quote:By contrast, Clinton has moved from being an admired former New York senator and secretary of state to becoming a divisive and unpopular figure. In last month’s Bloomberg national poll, 58 percent of respondents rated her unfavorably compared to 39 percent who gave her favorable marks. More than one in five people who voted for her in November now regard her unfavorably. That was even worse than Trump’s standing in the same poll.

Indeed, the only figure with higher negatives in the survey, which was conducted by the Iowa polling firm Selzer & Co., was her old nemesis, Russian President Vladimir Putin.

They tend to eat their own.
08-17-2017 03:10 PM
Advertisement

solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Well since Trump and Putin are practically one in the same, I think its fair to say that Hilary Clinton lost the election for President of the United States to the Russian Vladmir Putin. This would make her the most unpopular person in America, no?
08-17-2017 03:16 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(08-17-2017 03:16 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Well since Trump and Putin are practically one in the same, I think its fair to say that Hilary Clinton lost the election for President of the United States to the Russian Vladmir Putin. This would make her the most unpopular person in America, no?

I blame the Lenin statue in Seattle.
08-17-2017 06:30 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(08-17-2017 01:28 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(08-17-2017 12:18 PM)solohawks Wrote:  I think it is a fair statement that she may be the most unliked woman in America.
Funny story about Carville and Stephanopolous. In 1992 their focus groups always turned negative when Hillary talked. Bill came to them and made a comment like, "It must have been her dress." Carville and Stephanopolous would repeat that for years and crack each other up.
That's actually kind of endearing if Bill actually said it.
08-17-2017 06:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.