Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Excellent Article on the 10th Anniversary of The Grestest Upset Ever
Bookmark and Share
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
Article really breaks the game down with some excellent insight from Scott and others.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/2007-college-...e-michigan
08-11-2017 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
RE: Excellent Article on the 10th Anniversary of The Grestest Upset Ever
Y'all beat Michigan?! Cool!
08-11-2017 11:29 PM
CC Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga. Southern
(08-11-2017 11:29 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Y'all beat Michigan?! Cool!

Can't believe it's already the 10th anniversary of something App has already celebrated about 30 anniversaries for.

Congrats to App on their 10th anniversary of a 7-1 SoCon record.
08-12-2017 12:14 AM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
I would celebrate our Michigan win, since it was a P5 some folks have heard of, but I just can't get over the fact..... oh wait never mind.... we beat Michigan and won the FCS championship that year.
08-12-2017 12:46 AM
EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Man! Can't believe it's been 10 years since Stanford got that huge upset over USC!

(I kid.) 03-lmfao
08-12-2017 07:45 AM
moonshine Offline
Special Teams

(08-12-2017 12:14 AM)CC Eagle Wrote:  

Can't believe it's already the 10th anniversary of something App has already celebrated about 30 anniversaries for.

Unfortunately you failed twice trying to be clever. There were only 7 conference games and GS wasn't the only Socon team to beat App that season.

Let's not pretend GS wouldn't be just as proud if they scored one of the biggest upsets in sports history. Let's also not act like it wouldn't be celebrated on the 10th anniversary.

Your fans talk about beating a 4-8 Gator team who failed to make a bowl. The Wolverines went on to a 9-4 record and beat a Tebow led UF team in their bowl game. Does losing to App in 2013 diminish your program's victory in the swamp?
08-12-2017 08:21 AM
Advertisement

Florida RedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: arkansas state
(08-11-2017 04:33 PM)AppManDG Wrote:  Article really breaks the game down with some excellent insight from Scott and others.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/2007-college-...e-michigan

The best post game analysis I have seen. I was screaming for App that day 10 years ago.
08-12-2017 08:30 AM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

(08-12-2017 08:21 AM)moonshine Wrote:  

Unfortunately you failed twice trying to be clever. There were only 7 conference games and GS wasn't the only Socon team to beat App that season.

Let's not pretend GS wouldn't be just as proud if they scored one of the biggest upsets in sports history. Let's also not act like it wouldn't be celebrated on the 10th anniversary.

Your fans talk about beating a 4-8 Gator team who failed to make a bowl. The Wolverines went on to a 9-4 record and beat a Tebow led UF team in their bowl game. Does losing to App in 2013 diminish your program's victory in the swamp?

4-8 Florida at home arguably > 9-4 Michigan at home. Three UF national titles in the last 20 years > two UM national titles in 50 years. GS win at SEC UF who has the second-best home winning percentage in the nation since 1990 at 86.3 percent > all FBS home losses with the exception of maybe Nebraska who is two tenths of a percent ahead of Florida at 86.5 percent. However, the Cornhuskers have played 10 more home games than the Gators over the last 24 years and do not compete in the SEC. UF is located in Gainsville FL > UM located in Canada. 04-cheers
08-12-2017 08:52 AM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
Ok, I'm all onboard the throw shade at App train, and I do my fair share of it.....however this was a damn impressive accomplishment, and SB Nation has done a big feature on all of 2007 as that was truly a turning point in all of college football. This game was one of the first events of a crazy year, and App fans rightly should be proud of it.

We do have a habit of derailing threads (and some deserve it) but I think this is one that should be left alone.

I do think it's interesting that App kind of led the way in the offensive evolution of what we see today. Oregon was maybe a bit more ahead of the curve (because Chip Kelly) and it showed just how far in how they just hammered Michigan the next week following the App formula. However, the offense they run today is much more grounded in extremely old school concepts than in the modern spread. App was hard to contain from 2005-2007 (although somewhat good years, 2008-2009 were not as good as the previous 3 years) with an extremely dynamic offense. Even what Satterfield tried to start with after taking over as HC resembled more of an Air Raid attack than the spread he used previously at App and FIU. I'm still confused by that.
08-12-2017 09:04 AM
moonshine Offline
Special Teams

(08-12-2017 08:52 AM)Oldyeller Wrote:  4-8 Florida at home arguably > 9-4 Michigan at home. Three UF national titles in the last 20 years > two UM national titles in 50 years. GS win at SEC UF who has the second-best home winning percentage in the nation since 1990 at 86.3 percent > all FBS home losses with the exception of maybe Nebraska who is two tenths of a percent ahead of Florida at 86.5 percent. However, the Cornhuskers have played 10 more home games than the Gators over the last 24 years and do not compete in the SEC. UF is located in Gainsville FL > UM located in Canada. 04-cheers

A 4-8 team is better than a 9-4 said no one ever but whatever helps you sleep at night.

The 2013 Gator team was the worst team, record wise, their program has had since 1979. The Wolverines came into 2007 with title aspirations after posting an 11-2 record in 2006. UM is the ALL-TIME wins leader in college football and speaking of National Champions, the Wolverines beat the 2006 defending National Champs in their bowl game.

Not to play the transitive property game but would you really argue the 2013 Gators were better than the 2007 version of the Gators? This is not to say that App would've defeated the Florida Tebows in 2007, just to point out that UM was not as bad as everyone makes them out to be.
08-12-2017 09:23 AM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

(08-12-2017 09:23 AM)moonshine Wrote:  
(08-12-2017 08:52 AM)Oldyeller Wrote:  4-8 Florida at home arguably > 9-4 Michigan at home. Three UF national titles in the last 20 years > two UM national titles in 50 years. GS win at SEC UF who has the second-best home winning percentage in the nation since 1990 at 86.3 percent > all FBS home losses with the exception of maybe Nebraska who is two tenths of a percent ahead of Florida at 86.5 percent. However, the Cornhuskers have played 10 more home games than the Gators over the last 24 years and do not compete in the SEC. UF is located in Gainsville FL > UM located in Canada. 04-cheers

A 4-8 team is better than a 9-4 said no one ever but whatever helps you sleep at night.

The 2013 Gator team was the worst team, record wise, their program has had since 1979. The Wolverines came into 2007 with title aspirations after posting an 11-2 record in 2006. UM is the ALL-TIME wins leader in college football and speaking of National Champions, the Wolverines beat the 2006 defending National Champs in their bowl game.

Not to play the transitive property game but would you really argue the 2013 Gators were better than the 2007 version of the Gators? This is not to say that App would've defeated the Florida Tebows in 2007, just to point out that UM was not as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

4-8 better than 9-4 is relative as pointed out and yes it's relevant given the stats.

Absolutely amazing win at Michigan! Armanti Edwards was the quintessential GS QB and the jealousy still stings. Whatever the case in the end we wanted him for the t/0 and didn't get him. Not many games do I recall more vividly.

We were all proud of App despite the hate that runs deep in the Boro. Lobbing hate bombs is what we do but the respect on the field is obvious between the coaches, players, and for the vast majority of fans. It is noticeable when toe meets leather. Tempers seldom get in the way no matter the stakes. You'd rather put your head through a wall when you lose but the losing mob maintains a respectful presence and forces you to gain composer. Even a great win provokes less emotion when the players behave respectfully.

This is more than can be said about most rivalries. Nice article. This is officially the only time and the last time that I will put in writing anything positive about CrApp. Carry on.
08-12-2017 09:57 AM
Advertisement

EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

You've got to be kidding me.
08-12-2017 10:10 AM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
(08-12-2017 08:52 AM)Oldyeller Wrote:  
(08-12-2017 08:21 AM)moonshine Wrote:  

4-8 Florida at home arguably > 9-4 Michigan at home. Three UF national titles in the last 20 years > two UM national titles in 50 years. GS win at SEC UF who has the second-best home winning percentage in the nation since 1990 at 86.3 percent > all FBS home losses with the exception of maybe Nebraska who is two tenths of a percent ahead of Florida at 86.5 percent. However, the Cornhuskers have played 10 more home games than the Gators over the last 24 years and do not compete in the SEC. UF is located in Gainsville FL > UM located in Canada. 04-cheers

You're joking right? In no parallel universe was that UF team better than that Michigan team. That's all that really matters :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-12-2017 11:22 AM
_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
Arguing that 4-8 Florida team to be better than 2007 Michigan is one of the dumber things I've read on here in awhile.
08-12-2017 11:47 AM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

Guess you morons forgot Michigan finished out 2007 beating #9 Florida in the Capital One Bowl.

Sent from my XT1254 using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 12:00 PM by AppManDG.)
08-12-2017 11:54 AM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

It was absolutely awesome and I'm really grateful for all the good it did for our program, but I am so tired of hearing about it every time our name is brought up. We've accomplished too much since to keep talking about it constantly imo.
08-12-2017 12:54 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
GS upset win over Florida does not compare to App beating a Top 5 Michigan team. The Florida game was a late November game in which a GS Team knowing it has no postseason got to play a struggling Florida team who was already 4-6 and staring at a huge rival in Florida State the next week

Congratulations to App State on the upcoming 560th Weekiversiary of their victory over Michigan...
08-12-2017 01:48 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

Nothing about the 2007 Michigan schedule screams world beaters. An 11 point Eastern Michigan win at home and a loss to App state at home?

Michigan lost to the Ducks by 32 at home. Yea they were world beaters and clearly waaaaaay better than Florida in 2013.

All of Florida's wins came by 14 pts or better: Toledo, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Arkansas.
Losing to Georgia by 3, South Carolina by 4, Miami by 5, and LSU by 11. The only blowout Florida state.

Sure Michigan would role that schedule.03-yawn
08-12-2017 02:04 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

(08-12-2017 12:54 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  It was absolutely awesome and I'm really grateful for all the good it did for our program, but I am so tired of hearing about it every time our name is brought up. We've accomplished too much since to keep talking about it constantly imo.
I agree it gets a little old, but celebrating the 10th anniversary is completely acceptable.

08-12-2017 04:21 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

Yea, losing 7 in a row to end the season made them waaaaayyyy better than that '07 Michigan squad.

08-12-2017 04:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.