Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Admit it, college basketball is a big ass deal and you just suck!
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
MyBB Admit it, college basketball is a big ass deal and you just suck!
My sporting universe has been about college basketball for as long as I can remember. I literally do not see college football when I'm clicking on ESPN, SI, USA Today, etc. I know it exists, but I just don't see it. To me, college basketball is the show when it comes to college athletics. I know I'm biased as my school doesn't play football, but there are 1,105 DI-DIII college basketball programs in the U.S. Comparatively, there are 670 football programs. March Madness is literally a national holiday with brackets in every office in the country. During the month of March, lunch breaks push the envelope of job security.

Basketball has also exploded worldwide with innumerable professional leagues that pay their players quite well. We have countries you've barely heard of extremely competitive in Olympic basketball now. To say that basketball as a sport is much larger than American football would not be a stretch. I think it's no coincidence that AAC fans who say they don't care a bit about college basketball generally have poopy bball programs that haven't done much in the modern era. Hey, I'll admit that I don't follow football because my school doesn't play. Now you admit you don't follow basketball because your team doesn't play... very well.

T

...03-cool
08-08-2017 01:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TheBigEastSucks Offline
1st String

I Root For: NO QUARTER
RE: Admit it, college basketball is a big ass deal and you just suck!
(08-08-2017 01:10 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  My sporting universe has been about college basketball for as long as I can remember. I literally do not see college football when I'm clicking on ESPN, SI, USA Today, etc. I know it exists, but I just don't see it. To me, college basketball is the show when it comes to college athletics. I know I'm biased as my school doesn't play football, but there are 1,105 DI-DIII college basketball programs in the U.S. Comparatively, there are 670 football programs. March Madness is literally a national holiday with brackets in every office in the country. During the month of March, lunch breaks push the envelope of job security.

Basketball has also exploded worldwide with innumerable professional leagues that pay their players quite well. We have countries you've barely heard of extremely competitive in Olympic basketball now. To say that basketball as a sport is much larger than American football would not be a stretch. I think it's no coincidence that AAC fans who say they don't care a bit about college basketball generally have poopy bball programs that haven't done much in the modern era. Hey, I'll admit that I don't follow football because my school doesn't play. Now you admit you don't follow basketball because your team doesn't play... very well.

T

...03-cool

Football isn't for poor schools but seriously unc one of the biggest brands still makes more money on football contracts. We let one basketball school in and it's like the old big east already. Njredman orang man etc have been reincarnated
08-08-2017 01:15 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

(08-08-2017 01:15 PM)TheBigEastSucks Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 01:10 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  My sporting universe has been about college basketball for as long as I can remember. I literally do not see college football when I'm clicking on ESPN, SI, USA Today, etc. I know it exists, but I just don't see it. To me, college basketball is the show when it comes to college athletics. I know I'm biased as my school doesn't play football, but there are 1,105 DI-DIII college basketball programs in the U.S. Comparatively, there are 670 football programs. March Madness is literally a national holiday with brackets in every office in the country. During the month of March, lunch breaks push the envelope of job security.

T

...03-cool

Football isn't for poor schools but seriously unc one of the biggest brands still makes more money on football contracts. We let one basketball school in and it's like the old big east already. Njredman orang man etc have been reincarnated

[Image: Appreciating-Diversity-and-Differences-B...eams-1.png]

T

...03-cool
08-08-2017 01:22 PM
UConnHusky Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn/Celts/Red Sox/Pats
While I am a fan of college basketball more than college football, I am nonetheless a huge college football fan and I am not even thinking about college basketball at the moment. I speak for the other 12 member institutions when I say that this board is in full on football mode at the moment and we are ready for the season to start. I won't care to discuss college basketball until about November.

It is a shame that there isn't a filter here to block basketball related threads between August 1 and November 1.
05-stirthepot
08-08-2017 01:22 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

GET SCHOOLED: BASKETBALL VS. FOOTBALL

"Temple. John Chaney telling John Calipari he will kill him, or the football team being kicked out of the Big East for "poor attendance averages, non-competitiveness, and a lack of commitment to the football program from university officials"? Basketball school."

"Connecticut. One of the easiest calls on the board: The basketball team's success is one of the main reason this school even has an FBS football team. Basketball school."

"Memphis. Probably fair to say Josh Pastner finds his job slightly more stressful than Justin Fuente does. Basketball school."

"Cincinnati. The Big O went here, and the Bearcats won two national championships after he left town. Wins in the PapaJohns.com and Belk Bowls can't overcome that. Basketball school."

Old but interesting article. Lotsa "basketball schools" in this league... Maybe this place has potential. I won't give up on ya'll.

P.S. If I could be allowed to add Wichita State to that article: "Wichita State, undefeated in football since 1986... basketball school"

P.S.S. Dare I say Wichita State's addition breaks the stalemate and the AAC is once again a basketball conference? 02-13-banana

T

...03-cool
08-08-2017 01:41 PM
justinhub2003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati

T

...03-cool

If I could skip football season and head straight into basketball season, I would in a heartbeat. I want UC football to win and I watch them on TV, but IMO UC didn't become a school that cared about football until the last 12 years or so and now all the sudden its as if Football is our premier sport at UC. For me basketball is king.

I listen to multiple year round basketball podcast in the offseason and refresh the r/collegebasketball page way too much
08-08-2017 01:43 PM
Advertisement

C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

(08-08-2017 01:43 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

If I could skip football season and head straight into basketball season, I would in a heartbeat. I want UC football to win and I watch them on TV, but IMO UC didn't become a school that cared about football until the last 12 years or so and now all the sudden its as if Football is our premier sport at UC. For me basketball is king.

I listen to multiple year round basketball podcast in the offseason and refresh the r/collegebasketball page way too much

04-cheers

And guess what, your bball program doesn't suck. Coincidence?

T

...03-cool
08-08-2017 01:51 PM
Rowdydowdy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
I'm an ECU football, basketball, and baseball fan. Our basketball team has always sucked and that pisses me off more than anything. There is too much prep talent in NC that is being recruited to our sister institutions and other out of state teams that we should be harvesting with this conference affiliation. But, I still follow the basketball teams when they start up but do not get too excited until the sport that drives this conference is completed which is football. One day before I leave this earth ECU will turn the corner in basketball.
08-08-2017 02:08 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
SMU plays at McGill University tonight.
08-08-2017 02:11 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE

T

...03-cool

I CANT HEAR YOU OVER MY FOOTBALL TAILGATE MUSIC! WHAT? WHAT??? WHAAAAATTTTT!????!!?!
08-08-2017 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
Co|db|ooded is shook.
08-08-2017 03:06 PM
Advertisement

Moody Magic Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
(08-08-2017 02:11 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  SMU plays at McGill University tonight.

And they beat Wichita St last summer. Just sayin...
08-08-2017 03:08 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

T

...03-cool

08-08-2017 03:32 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
College basketball will always be my favorite sport, but I love football too. The two are not mutually exclusive.
08-08-2017 03:37 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(08-08-2017 01:22 PM)UConnHusky Wrote:  While I am a fan of college basketball more than college football, I am nonetheless a huge college football fan and I am not even thinking about college basketball at the moment. I speak for the other 12 member institutions when I say that this board is in full on football mode at the moment and we are ready for the season to start. I won't care to discuss college basketball until about November.

It is a shame that there isn't a filter here to block basketball related threads between August 1 and November 1.
05-stirthepot
I love college football...but definitely get excited by AAC basketball and enjoyed going to UCF basketball games when I was in school. There is room to love both sports for sure... College Baseball is awesome as well...
08-08-2017 03:41 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
Shouldnt have joined a football conference.
08-08-2017 03:46 PM
Advertisement

C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

(08-08-2017 03:46 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Shouldnt have joined a football conference.

[Image: memphisTigers.jpg]

[Image: opao-6166-2.jpg]

[Image: Joey+Dorsey+Derrick+Rose+NCAA+Basketball...t_CNbl.jpg]

Have you forgotten already, the sport and teams that made your school relevant?

T

...03-cool
08-08-2017 03:54 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(08-08-2017 03:54 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 03:46 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  Shouldnt have joined a football conference.

[Image: memphisTigers.jpg]

[Image: opao-6166-2.jpg]

[Image: Joey+Dorsey+Derrick+Rose+NCAA+Basketball...t_CNbl.jpg]

Have you forgotten already, the sport and teams that made your school relevant?

T

...03-cool

I like basketball just fine, but I also love football and tailgating and sitting out at the Liberty Bowl on an October afternoon. Everyone else in this conference does too....except for Tulane. They have better parties to go to.
08-08-2017 04:08 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Memphis is a football school. UCONN is soon to follow. 07-coffee3
08-08-2017 04:42 PM
coogrfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
Men's college hoops is an unwatchable blend of inept offense and stifling defense that virtually no one pays any attention to during the regular season. Any player with a legit shot at the pros either stays for only one year or goes straight to the NBA. Were it not for the tournament, it would enjoy roughly the same place on the American sports scene as the women's game.

05-duck
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 05:19 PM by coogrfan.)
08-08-2017 05:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.