Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: WHICH AAC SPORT ARE YOU FOLLOWING THE CLOSEST?
FOOTBALL
BASKETBALL
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Football or Basketball? Which money sport are you more excited about now?
DocAllentown Offline
Banned

I Root For: UConn
On the board and in the media we've seen a lot of focus on AAC basketball... to the point that basketball is being talked about proportionately to football. As a basketball fan myself, it's been fun to see.
The focus on AAC basketball has intensified with Wichita State coming aboard. However I'd argue that we are also seeing more attention because we have a lot of teams that are also coming into their own. Next years race is going to be fun.
As posters, I just wanted to do a roll call on which AAC sport you all follow the most fervently.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 12:14 AM by DocAllentown.)
08-03-2017 12:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Football or Basketball? Which money sport are you more excited about now?
Football, but am ready for some BB. Dawkins has done a great job so far.
08-03-2017 06:52 AM
wylioats Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Hands down #1, Tiger football, always has been even when we sucked. #2, Tiger basketball.
08-03-2017 07:31 AM
Moody Magic Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
Hoops all the way!
08-03-2017 07:37 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Football definitely but I'm optimistic about basketball for 17-18 season.
08-03-2017 08:05 AM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
How is this even a thing? Football all day urrrday.
Preseason NFL > Postseason basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-03-2017 08:07 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
If basketball ceased to exist of the face of the earth tomorrow mankind would be better for it.
08-03-2017 09:35 AM
UConnHusky Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn/Celts/Red Sox/Pats
As a UConn fan, I have to say basketball since that is where our greatness is (our men have 4 national titles in the last 17 years and the women have an astounding 11 titles in the last 21 years).

Even if that weren't the case, though, I would still say basketball. Basketball isn't completely ruined by money. In basketball, every school has a fair chance to gain access to the NCAA Tournament and a chance at winning a national championship. Just win your conference tourney and you are in the Big Dance. If you can win six games in a row in the Big Dance, you are the national champ.

NCAA football is a joke since it was ruined by the cartel. This whole artificial "Power 5" and "Group of 5" caste system in FBS is meant to horde all of the money for a select few schools and to deny a whole slew of other schools the opportunity of fair inclusion. The whole thing is a despicable Catch 22. The so-called "P5" whine that the non-cartel schools are dragging the product down as they do everything that they can to make sure that they horde every last nickel and that the G5 schools make peanuts and will never have the cash to compete. Then, G5 schools are denied fair inclusion to the top tier bowls since the schools can't perform as well on the field due to said cash shortage and the inability to sell recruits on fair inclusion and the dream of winning a national championship. As a feather in the cap, the P5 then points out how these G5 programs "aren't as good" and "don't seem as financially committed."

Don't get me wrong. I still love watching FBS football even if I can't stand the stink of its politics. However, basketball is much less grimy and corrupt. So, basketball for the win.
08-03-2017 09:58 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
ALWAYS Pirate Football.

08-03-2017 10:00 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
Football. I have followed both sports at Memphis since 1952, and love both dearly, but football gets me more excited, even when we weren't good.
08-03-2017 10:15 AM
Wudizzle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wichita State
(08-03-2017 09:58 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  As a UConn fan, I have to say basketball since that is where our greatness is (our men have 4 national titles in the last 17 years and the women have an astounding 11 titles in the last 21 years).

Even if that weren't the case, though, I would still say basketball. Basketball isn't completely ruined by money. In basketball, every school has a fair chance to gain access to the NCAA Tournament and a chance at winning a national championship. Just win your conference tourney and you are in the Big Dance. If you can win six games in a row in the Big Dance, you are the national champ.

NCAA football is a joke since it was ruined by the cartel. This whole artificial "Power 5" and "Group of 5" caste system in FBS is meant to horde all of the money for a select few schools and to deny a whole slew of other schools the opportunity of fair inclusion. The whole thing is a despicable Catch 22. The so-called "P5" whine that the non-cartel schools are dragging the product down as they do everything that they can to make sure that they horde every last nickel and that the G5 schools make peanuts and will never have the cash to compete. Then, G5 schools are denied fair inclusion to the top tier bowls since the schools can't perform as well on the field due to said cash shortage and the inability to sell recruits on fair inclusion and the dream of winning a national championship. As a feather in the cap, the P5 then points out how these G5 programs "aren't as good" and "don't seem as financially committed."

Don't get me wrong. I still love watching FBS football even if I can't stand the stink of its politics. However, basketball is much less grimy and corrupt. So, basketball for the win.
There is a lot in this I agree with. Unfortunately, they are working on ruining college basketball with a similar model.
08-03-2017 10:18 AM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
College basketball is no less grimy and corrupt than college football. Both are terrible. Every top team in basketball cheats its butt off, paying players under the table. Shoe companies are in on it, as well. And AAU basketball may be the worst of all.
08-03-2017 10:21 AM
UConnHusky Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn/Celts/Red Sox/Pats
(08-03-2017 10:21 AM)TripleA Wrote:  College basketball is no less grimy and corrupt than college football. Both are terrible. Every top team in basketball cheats its butt off, paying players under the table. Shoe companies are in on it, as well. And AAU basketball may be the worst of all.

Disagree. Individual teams may cheat some in bball and there are some payoffs in the system, but the entire structure itself isn't as hyper-focused on hording all of the cash for a certain few like FBS football is. It is a marvel that they dare to call FBS football an "amateur sport" with all of the cash that they are hording.

That is why the NFL is great. It is all about cash (it is purely a business) and we all know that. What you see is what you get. Plus, the level of play in the NFL is off the charts in comparison to NCAA football. It is the highest pinnacle of sport.
08-03-2017 10:29 AM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

Basketball is played indoors in smaller arenas thus it has the potential to be more intense. It also has less downtime between periods of action. And who the **** wants to sit outside in the cold? I went to Atlanta to watch the Shockers in the Final Four and it was very anticlimatic considering the scale and scope of the Georgia Dome... and that place was packed. For a person not used to sitting in large football stadiums, the energy level disparity was striking compared to what I had become accustomed to at Koch Arena. But to be fair, not a whole lot of sports venues can compare to Koch Arena.

T

...03-cool
08-03-2017 10:33 AM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

(08-03-2017 08:07 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  How is this even a thing? Football all day urrrday.
Preseason NFL > Postseason basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That just doesn't make any sense at all. Oh wait, you're an ECU fan.

T

...03-cool
08-03-2017 10:35 AM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

(08-03-2017 10:29 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 10:21 AM)TripleA Wrote:  College basketball is no less grimy and corrupt than college football. Both are terrible. Every top team in basketball cheats its butt off, paying players under the table. Shoe companies are in on it, as well. And AAU basketball may be the worst of all.

Disagree. Individual teams may cheat some in bball and there are some payoffs in the system, but the entire structure itself isn't as hyper-focused on hording all of the cash for a certain few like FBS football is. It is a marvel that they dare to call FBS football an "amateur sport" with all of the cash that they are hording.

That is why the NFL is great. It is all about cash (it is purely a business) and we all know that. What you see is what you get. Plus, the level of play in the NFL is off the charts in comparison to NCAA football. It is the highest pinnacle of sport.

Interesting point - as it should be. I think basketball is the only sport where the level of play actually drops in the pros. This fact may be why March Madness is so huge. It's where miracles happen.

T

...03-cool
08-03-2017 10:38 AM
Advertisement

Rocky Mountain Shock Offline
Beast Mode [ON]

I Root For: Hitachi State
I voted basketball for obvious reasons.

Even before we were added, this conference had potential to be a basketball powerhouse. I hope it gets the attention it deserves even during football season.
08-03-2017 10:47 AM
Moody Magic Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
(08-03-2017 10:38 AM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 10:29 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  

Interesting point - as it should be. I think basketball is the only sport where the level of play actually drops in the pros. This fact may be why March Madness is so huge. It's where miracles happen.

T

...03-cool

I love basketball more than most, college in particular, but don't kid yourself as to why the NCAA tournament is so huge. It is because almost everyone fills out a bracket and tries to win their office pool. Even people who have no interest in the sport. Those people, casual basketball fans and alums/students/fans from 64-68 schools all watch those first couple of rounds. It is a ratings jackpot. CBS knows it, advertisers know it and tv money paid proves it.
08-03-2017 10:51 AM
ShockerFever Offline
Heisman

Basketball. Not even close.

I can't even get into college football with how bad their postseason is set up. Biggest joke in all of sports. NFL is starting to become boring. Maybe because it's jammed down my throat 365 days a year. I don't care what Tom Brady ate on his way back from training camp. More or less, it's just a fantasy interest for me, and even that is getting harder to do every year. High school football would excite me the most if I had to choose between the levels but I rarely make it out to those games.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 10:56 AM by ShockerFever.)
08-03-2017 10:55 AM
mike012779 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Uconn
Whatever sport your favorite College team is cheating best at. I am not sure how college sports can be considered a legit form of entertainment at this time. I almost consider it the same as WWE wrestling. I partially think that is why the NorthEast DGAF about it. I think the only true college sports are the non profit ones, or the Ivy leagues schools.
08-03-2017 11:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.