SI: Creation of AAC is one of the 10 Best Decisions of College Football
07-31-2017 07:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Moody Magic Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
RE: SI: Creation of AAC is one of the 10 Best Decisions of College Football
Nice praise from SI. Plus, the conference is better at hoops than football.
07-31-2017 08:07 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
07-31-2017 08:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
LOL at Fanhood yet again cherry-picking in that thread.
07-31-2017 08:29 AM
FrancisDrake Offline
1st String

I Root For: Piecesof8
Someone with access and care-to should tell the Bruin guy that while the American is a six year old conference, many of the teams have significant history together.
07-31-2017 08:30 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

If I was a fan of a MWC school, I'd be unhappy too. I haven't heard anything about the MWC in well over a year. Between being located in low population states/markets without many fans and horrible athletic performances, the only time we'll hear about them going forward is if Boise can once again separate itself from the 11 dwarfs.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017 09:06 AM by HuskyU.)
07-31-2017 08:43 AM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Congratulations! #AMERICANPOW6R seems to be working.
07-31-2017 08:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
Nothing new in fanhood's comment. I will again point out that the carefully crafted "mwc is 6-5 against the AAC since 2013" omits Navy's 5-1 record against the mwc in 2013-2014.

Funniest bit to me was "If these bowl games are so-called exhibitions then I guess your regular season conquests against other conferences would fall under that category as well" ummm, no, bowl games are exhibitions by definition.

Overall it shows the whole pattern
- "Nobody thinks the AAC is any good except crazy AAC message board posters."
- When shown national media P6-love, "Well they're actually just the same as we G4s, there's no separation"
- When shown data supporting that there is separation in on-field, viewership, budgets, attendance, etc "Well it's cyclical"
- When shown that it's not cyclical at all, "But, but, but, BOWL RECORD!!!"
07-31-2017 09:01 AM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
I'm a Boise St fan and I agree the American is a great conference. I have said this before but I wish we would've accepted the offer. It was bad timing for the invite, in my opinion, but we weren't looking forward. I would love to be part of a Western wing.

The American has terrific markets, solid football and basketball, and name brands. The best of the Mountain West (and BYU - get over yourselves) should join the American.

West: Boise St, San Diego St, UNLV, BYU, Colorado St, Air Force
Central: Navy, Tulsa, SMU, Houston, Tulane, Memphis
East: East Carolina, Central Florida, South Florida, Cincinnati, Temple, Connecticut

EDIT: I want to clarify that UNLV was added for market purposes.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017 09:22 AM by BePcr07.)
07-31-2017 09:21 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(07-31-2017 09:21 AM)BePcr07 Wrote:  I'm a Boise St fan and I agree the American is a great conference. I have said this before but I wish we would've accepted the offer. It was bad timing for the invite, in my opinion, but we weren't looking forward. I would love to be part of a Western wing.

The American has terrific markets, solid football and basketball, and name brands. The best of the Mountain West (and BYU - get over yourselves) should join the American.

East: East Carolina, Central Florida, South Florida, Cincinnati, Temple, Connecticut

I'm good with this group. Add Gonzaga non-football (West) and VCU non-football (East) to balance out Wichita in the Central.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017 09:32 AM by HuskyU.)
07-31-2017 09:32 AM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(07-31-2017 08:43 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  If I was a fan of a MWC school, I'd be unhappy too. I haven't heard anything about the MWC in well over a year. Between being located in low population states/markets without many fans and horrible athletic performances, the only time we'll hear about them going forward is if Boise can once again separate itself from the 11 dwarfs.

Someone from Southern Miss on the CUSABBS board dubbed it the Brokeback Billy Goat conference a long time ago. Quite fitting. I liked my own MWAC too.
07-31-2017 09:59 AM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(07-31-2017 09:21 AM)BePcr07 Wrote:  I'm a Boise St fan and I agree the American is a great conference. I have said this before but I wish we would've accepted the offer. It was bad timing for the invite, in my opinion, but we weren't looking forward. I would love to be part of a Western wing.

exactly imagine if we had joined...literally last season sdsu and boise were carrying the mwc perception..both were in the AAC

we honestly dont need colorado st, air force or unlv.....put navy back in the east and we have 2 division for all sports....and we could could have even added gonzaga to match wichita state ..and boom we're done
07-31-2017 10:05 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(07-31-2017 09:01 AM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  Nothing new in fanhood's comment. I will again point out that the carefully crafted "mwc is 6-5 against the AAC since 2013" omits Navy's 5-1 record against the mwc in 2013-2014.

Funniest bit to me was "If these bowl games are so-called exhibitions then I guess your regular season conquests against other conferences would fall under that category as well" ummm, no, bowl games are exhibitions by definition.

- When shown national media P6-love, "Well they're actually just the same as we G4s, there's no separation"
- When shown data supporting that there is separation in on-field, viewership, budgets, attendance, etc "Well it's cyclical"

Fanhood just brought out his "Yea but" reply. So predictable. So lame. So inaccurate. So funny. 03-lmfao
07-31-2017 10:17 AM
TU4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
(07-31-2017 10:17 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(07-31-2017 09:01 AM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  Nothing new in fanhood's comment. I will again point out that the carefully crafted "mwc is 6-5 against the AAC since 2013" omits Navy's 5-1 record against the mwc in 2013-2014.

Fanhood just brought out his "Yea but" reply. So predictable. So lame. So inaccurate. So funny. 03-lmfao

Fanhood going to fanhood, at least he is consitant even on his board.

Notice he breaks down when confronted and is now arguing for us to admit that the conferences are competitive and just let it go. . .

Hey elsa, it isn't really close
07-31-2017 10:30 AM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
I wonder at what point Boise St. and SDSU would reconsider joining AAC. I think they would, if MWC TV deal stays stagnant, and the AAC gets a big raise.
07-31-2017 10:33 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(07-31-2017 10:33 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I wonder at what point Boise St. and SDSU would reconsider joining AAC. I think they would, if MWC TV deal stays stagnant, and the AAC gets a big raise.

What number you think? $5 Mil?
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017 10:36 AM by HuskyU.)
07-31-2017 10:36 AM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(07-31-2017 10:33 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  I wonder at what point Boise St. and SDSU would reconsider joining AAC. I think they would, if MWC TV deal stays stagnant, and the AAC gets a big raise.

in all honesty not much...sdsu is still an AAC member and still has ties..they have a new AD and new President but the new guys were on staff (vice president, Deputy AD) when all of this happened...sdsu never wanted to leave

sdsu just needs a reason to justify the travel costs/exit fees ..3.5 to 5 mill they are down with a partner , 5+ theyll come themselves if they have to

boise and the AAC have bad blood, both still have the same leadership ..we just finished suing them..we likely wouldnt want them unless they became dominant again (regular top 10)..and boise just cares about money..the make 4mil in the mwc of the sweetheart..if we offered them more theyd jump in a sec
07-31-2017 10:48 AM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
Great to see positive little things like this creep into the media narrative. Despite what the usual naysayers think, the P6 campaign is working... Understanding of course that the goal is not to actually make us P6 (only huge TV $$ and a contract bowl would do that...), but simply to establish our position separated from the G4, and 'in range' of the P5.

Aresco sure knows how to play the hand he's dealt...
07-31-2017 11:00 AM
AusTxPony Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
Big Ifs. If the Big 12 takes 2 or 4 in next realignment and If the PAC doesn't expand into Tex/Okla, then a West expansion of some number makes sense for AAC. If no realignment, then we stand pat as well, hopefully with a raise of some amount.
07-31-2017 11:12 AM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Tulsa beat 3 MW teams in the last two years. We can't be the only ones???
07-31-2017 12:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.