ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Another Horrible Basketball Schedule
POPMonarch36 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ODU
This is getting absurd. We had better non conference games in the CAA. Again I'm forced to pass on a season ticket because of the bull crap they schedule. Who do we need to attack for this? I'm furious that this is the product the school is ok putting out. UMES??? Really?? You have got to be kidding me. They have lost at least one supporter that's for sure.
07-24-2017 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Justanodufan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Odu
RE: Another Horrible Basketball Schedule
(07-24-2017 03:25 PM)POPMonarch36 Wrote:  This is getting absurd. We had better non conference games in the CAA. Again I'm forced to pass on a season ticket because of the bull crap they schedule. Who do we need to attack for this? I'm furious that this is the product the school is ok putting out. UMES??? Really?? You have got to be kidding me. They have lost at least one supporter that's for sure.

There is a 24 page thread regarding the schedule. No need for a new one to be started
07-24-2017 03:50 PM
Petey Hodge Offline
All American

But Pop brought another angle to the schedule news. Mainly that it sucks.... and contains UMES as our headliner

LOL
07-24-2017 07:16 PM
ODU1986 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Old Dominion
I had season tics for 17 straight years. Bailed last year and this year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-24-2017 07:34 PM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

If you had good seats, can I have them?
07-24-2017 08:10 PM
Advertisement

Blue_Trombone Online
Heisman

(07-24-2017 08:10 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  If you had good seats, can I have them?

Exactly! If you are so unhappy with the schedule, take advantage of the reseating year and get the best possible option for the future.
07-25-2017 07:28 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I hope I get some good seats, I'm upgrading to 4 seats now.
07-25-2017 08:42 AM
BigBlueMonarch Offline
King of All Things Unimportant

I Root For: Old Dominion University
Another thread on the schedule? Oh wait...in short order this one will devolve into a pissing match over coaches, the TV Contract, our ****** conference, or how little someone knows about a particular sport. Maybe we should just put the same title on every post or start over with just one post so no one has to click more than once to read the same bs over and over and over. 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017 09:27 AM by BigBlueMonarch.)
07-25-2017 09:27 AM
Monarchblue Online
Heisman

(07-25-2017 09:27 AM)BigBlueMonarch Wrote:  Another thread on the schedule? Oh wait...in short order this one will devolve into a pissing match over coaches, the TV Contract, our ****** conference, or how little someone knows about a particular sport. Maybe we should just put the same title on every post or start over with just one post so no one has to click more than once to read the same bs over and over and over. 05-stirthepot

Maybe it is time to just accept that the basketball situation is a mess and these boards are just a reflection of that. Its not like there are just 3 of us upset with the situation anymore. It is almost everyone, and new people are coming out of the woodwork to voice their displeasure.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017 10:33 AM by Monarchblue.)
07-25-2017 10:32 AM
Advertisement

Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-25-2017 10:32 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(07-25-2017 09:27 AM)BigBlueMonarch Wrote:  Another thread on the schedule? Oh wait...in short order this one will devolve into a pissing match over coaches, the TV Contract, our ****** conference, or how little someone knows about a particular sport. Maybe we should just put the same title on every post or start over with just one post so no one has to click more than once to read the same bs over and over and over. 05-stirthepot

Maybe it is time to just accept that the basketball situation is a mess and these boards are just a reflection of that. Its not like there are just 3 of us upset with the situation anymore. It is almost everyone, and new people are coming out of the woodwork to voice their displeasure.

This is hyperbole. The fans that post on here are probably the more passionate/vocal fans and are not a representative of the larger fan base. How many fans post on here vs. the number of "ODU Basketball" fans? Its a small number.
07-25-2017 10:59 AM
Monarchblue Online
Heisman

So you would argue what? That hardcore fans are more likely to be disappointed with bad basketball? I would argue that fans have been voting with their attendance for at least a year now, based on the number of butts in seats last year. Barring an excellent start, I expected we will see the reported attendance number follow suit this year as season ticket sales head in the same direction.
07-25-2017 02:35 PM
ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

How can anyone be happy with the MBB program when we have won 1 game versus William and Mary in the last 6 games? They've never been to the NCAA's!
07-25-2017 02:44 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

Some of the more passionate fans like yourself certainly overreact. (like saying bad basketball, for example). We lead the conference in attendance and only lost 500 per game from 2015 in a time frame with attendance in all of college basketball is down. What have fans been voting, in particular?
07-25-2017 02:51 PM
Advertisement

Monarchblue Online
Heisman

(07-25-2017 02:51 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Some of the more passionate fans like yourself certainly overreact. (like saying bad basketball, for example). We lead the conference in attendance and only lost 500 per game from 2015 in a time frame with attendance in all of college basketball is down. What have fans been voting, in particular?

If you don't think it is bad basketball, that's on you. You are in the minority.

We have built in attendance advantages and should lead this awful league.

We only lost 500 per game in ticket sales, if that number is correct, but if you attend all of the games, you would realize that we have lost far more than that when it comes to butts in seats. Ticket sales have been propped up by corporate season tickets that never get used and people buying basketball tickets to help with football. I imagine that we will see those sales start to dip, following the lead of single game sales.
07-25-2017 02:59 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-25-2017 02:44 PM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  How can anyone be happy with the MBB program when we have won 1 game versus William and Mary in the last 6 games? They've never been to the NCAA's!

You can be "unhappy" with where the program is at without going crazy about changes needing to be made. While, the team is not where I would like it to be, it has won 71 games in the past 3 years. Last year was a disappointment, but they also lost the 2 best players on the team and one of the best players in program history. This is an important year for the program. I don't understand the amount of hate that is triggered so quickly.

While, I would love to beat William and Mary every time, they are 1 team on a schedule of 30 games. My happiness with the program is not affected by 1 game a year vs. William and Mary. While they haven't been an NCAA tourney team, they haven't been bad over the past few years. In descending order from last year; 133, 87, 116, 167
07-25-2017 02:59 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-25-2017 02:59 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(07-25-2017 02:51 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Some of the more passionate fans like yourself certainly overreact. (like saying bad basketball, for example). We lead the conference in attendance and only lost 500 per game from 2015 in a time frame with attendance in all of college basketball is down. What have fans been voting, in particular?

If you don't think it is bad basketball, that's on you. You are in the minority.

We have built in attendance advantages and should lead this awful league.

We only lost 500 per game in ticket sales, if that number is correct, but if you attend all of the games, you would realize that we have lost far more than that when it comes to butts in seats. Ticket sales have been propped up by corporate season tickets that never get used and people buying basketball tickets to help with football. I imagine that we will see those sales start to dip, following the lead of single game sales.

Again, the minority for who? All of college basketball fans? ODU fans? ODU fans that you know? or this message board? Maybe, I'm wrong here, but it seems your idea of "good" basketball is running up and down the court like an AAU track meet? We have been the top 100 in aggregate over the past 3 years; what is the threshold for bad basketball (out of 351 teams)?

What built in advantages do we have the help us finish top 100 in attendance every year?

I have season tickets, FWIW.

Which schools have 100% of tickets sold in the arena?
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017 03:05 PM by Gilesfan.)
07-25-2017 03:01 PM
757ODU Offline
All American

(07-25-2017 02:59 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(07-25-2017 02:44 PM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  How can anyone be happy with the MBB program when we have won 1 game versus William and Mary in the last 6 games? They've never been to the NCAA's!

You can be "unhappy" with where the program is at without going crazy about changes needing to be made. While, the team is not where I would like it to be, it has won 71 games in the past 3 years. Last year was a disappointment, but they also lost the 2 best players on the team and one of the best players in program history. This is an important year for the program. I don't understand the amount of hate that is triggered so quickly.

While, I would love to beat William and Mary every time, they are 1 team on a schedule of 30 games. My happiness with the program is not affected by 1 game a year vs. William and Mary. While they haven't been an NCAA tourney team, they haven't been bad over the past few years. In descending order from last year; 133, 87, 116, 167

Losing to William and Mary is one thing...Losing to William and Mary, FAU, UTSA, etc. is another. Jeff has had a terrible offseason. I am extremely excited about Hueitt and Godwin but I am just as disappointed in not pulling in a big man. The schedule also doesn't help things. I have been right in the middle, but I am now leaning towards being very unhappy. I hope we win 26 games and the conference tournament this year but I am not counting on it.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017 03:17 PM by 757ODU.)
07-25-2017 03:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.