Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Discussion whether #5 in teams near the top of their conference over time is appropriate
Bookmark and Share
LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Grand Canyon
Discussion whether #5 in teams near the top of their conference over time is appropriate
(07-14-2017 02:48 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  https://twitter.com/JohnVuNMSU/status/88...3627469824

[Image: DEtW7VrU0AAsQqq.jpg:large]

New Rule/s Regarding School Spirit Threads (Please Read)
Josh and I have talked about this.

If you are posting threads just to hype players, coaches and your school, please post them in the proper team board, that is why they are there. This includes past accomplishments by schools. We are not saying that you cannot bring up what a school, player or coach has done in a discussion. However we do not need a thread about each player, coach or schools accomplishments and/or history.

Overall keep the threads in the main WAC board about the here and now of what is going on in the WAC. That way we can all experience what WAC coaches and players from each school achieves throughout each collegiate year.

If someone wishes to put together a thread about the history of their school or their schools sports accomplishments, we will gladly pin them in your schools specific board.

Also if your school sponsors a sport that the WAC does not sponsor, please share news regarding that sport only in your schools proper board.

As a reminder please be respectful in each schools board. They are not a place to go, smack talk and just be a jack ass to that school or that schools fan base.

These rules are now part of Da Rulz. This thread will remain stickied until the end of August.
07-14-2017 02:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU Aggies
RE: NMSU Basketball in the WAC
This is about the WAC.
07-14-2017 02:54 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Its a current list. It represents something that is currently going on with a WAC school. Its a different stat or category we don't really think about. There is some good company on that list, and no MWC teams.

I feel if it were to be moved, it can then be argued that any list that a WAC coach, player, or team makes in the future be moved.
07-14-2017 03:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Grand Canyon
(07-14-2017 03:48 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  Its a current list. It represents something that is currently going on with a WAC school. Its a different stat or category we don't really think about. There is some good company on that list, and no MWC teams.

I feel if it were to be moved, it can then be argued that any list that a WAC coach, player, or team makes in the future be moved.

I don't really care, stay or go, but don't have these silly rules then if we don't follow them. Frank had been bombarding the board with nmsu only stuff for years. I post a couple things they get moved and you all create more rules. Frank does another nmsu only post and its validated. Whatevs
07-14-2017 05:03 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
Please move this. I thought we made these new rules for a reason.
07-14-2017 05:07 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Tell me how this list is hyping NMSU?
07-14-2017 05:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Clarity Offline
Special Teams

First off the title of the thread. Second NMSU is the only WAC team mentioned. How is this more related to the WAC then specifically NMSU?
07-14-2017 05:20 PM
1st String

GCU and Bakersfield fans are very sensitive. This post is about the WAC. It's how one WAC program has competed at the top of the conference for the last 11 years. If we can't post stuff like this, then we might as well just shut this board down and keep our conversations in our own sports forums.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 05:40 PM by FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992.)
07-14-2017 05:40 PM
NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

I Root For: NMSU
This is what NMSU has accomplished in the WAC currently. This is a WAC board and NMSU is a current member. The WAC did not start four years ago when CSUB and Company joined. Every member should be allowed the reference the time it been in the conference.

If CA wants to talk about a specific specific Aggie player "only "or discuss NMSU history prior to joining the WAC, I can see how these rules apply. But this effects every WAC member since NMSU has finished in the top three each year its' been in the conference. It is an achievement every WAC team should aspire to accomplish. Or knocked NMSU bellow the top three so they fall off the list.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 05:48 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
07-14-2017 05:46 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(07-14-2017 05:20 PM)Clarity Wrote:  First off the title of the thread. Second NMSU is the only WAC team mentioned. How is this more related to the WAC then specifically NMSU?

Because a WAC team is on the list. NMSU has been able to be in the top 3 of the WAC since 2005-6. That is through a couple of different membership variations of the conference.

This is related to the WAC as it has occurred in the WAC.
07-14-2017 05:48 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

The WAC is completely different now so there's no point discussing that in the general board. It's ok when Frank does it the thread. Guess we put those new rules in for nothing. I expected better for some reason but Frank is immune. I got a few thread ideas in mind now. I will be discussing a certain WAC championship game. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 06:05 PM by Clarity.)
07-14-2017 05:58 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(07-14-2017 05:58 PM)Clarity Wrote:  The WAC is completely different now so there's no point discussing that in the general board. It's ok when Frank does it the thread. Guess we put those new rules in for nothing. I expected better for some reason but Frank is immune. I got a few thread ideas in mind now.

Frank is not immune. If another WAC team not named NMSU was on this list, you would not be saying a thing.

Thanks for the heads up.
07-14-2017 06:07 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

That's because nobody else does it.
07-14-2017 06:12 PM
1st String

(07-14-2017 06:12 PM)Clarity Wrote:  That's because nobody else does it.

It's an appropriate post. Stop crying please.
07-14-2017 06:30 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

As long as you grow up which won't happen. Oh well!
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 06:34 PM by Clarity.)
07-14-2017 06:32 PM
1st String

(07-14-2017 06:32 PM)Clarity Wrote:  As long as you grow up which won't happen. Oh well!

I think the person who needs to grow up is you. I didn't do nothing wrong with posting this thread.
07-14-2017 06:35 PM
Advertisement

Clarity Offline
Special Teams

Don't you have players moms to be harassing?
07-14-2017 06:42 PM
NotANewbie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tennesse, NMSU
(07-14-2017 05:20 PM)Clarity Wrote:  First off the title of the thread. Second NMSU is the only WAC team mentioned. How is this more related to the WAC then specifically NMSU?

I agree the title is inappropriate. How about WAC team #5 in teams near the top of their conference over time.

However, this is a post that relates to teams that have been near the top of their conference for an extended period of time in Basketball, the WAC's premier sport. It gives us a sense of the stability of high performance in the WAC and other conferences. Looked at that way it makes good sense on this board.

Be honest. Isn't a lot of the resistance to this post the fact that OP has too often posted things that were NMSU only and not of general WAC interest rather than to this specific post?

PS. Stop the name calling. It demeans the caller,not the one called.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 06:49 PM by NotANewbie.)
07-14-2017 06:45 PM
Clarity Offline
Special Teams

(07-14-2017 06:45 PM)NotANewbie Wrote:  

I agree the title is inappropriate. How about WAC team #5 in teams near the top of their conference over time.

However, this is a post that relates to teams that have been near the top of their conference for an extended period of time in Basketball, the WAC's premier sport. It gives us a sense of the stability of high performance in the WAC and other conferences. Looked at that way it makes good sense on this board.

Be honest. Isn't a lot of the resistance to this post the fact that OP has too often posted things that were NMSU only and not of general WAC interest rather than to this specific post?

PS. Stop the name calling. It demeans the caller,not the one called.

Only NMSU fans are ok with this hmmm really makes u think (big if true).And I didn't start the name calling buddy.
07-14-2017 06:51 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(07-14-2017 06:42 PM)Clarity Wrote:  Don't you have players moms to be harassing?

Inappropriate comment and you know it.
07-14-2017 07:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.