Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump had his best day in office
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
Trump had his best day in office
1. He acted like a professional and respected the Polish tradition of shaking like-gender before opposite (he could have made a stink about it). It's a really small thing, but it means you're paying attention.

2. By cementing a friendship with Poland, he keeps Angela Merkel in check. Poland will continue to like the USA > 90% of the EU. She's continually attacked him to no end, so a countermove is justified here.

3. His speechwriters did a great job, and he didn't mess up the delivery.

4. No derogatory remarks about anyone. Praise Jesus.

5. This, and a "happy" trilateral USA-Japan-SK meeting show that he's not going to be a punk when there's a real heat. There was always the fear of him flattening when in real situations.

I don't like the guy, but he did a good job today. I'd even say he did better than I ever could.

I liked the line about faith/family > government. It sounds like a universal HUMAN concept, but people on both sides forgot about it over the last 16 years.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 08:13 PM by oliveandblue.)
07-06-2017 08:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RE: Trump had his best day in office
The Don can be Presidential in the traditional sense when it is called for. He is always strategic and calculating to say the least.
07-06-2017 08:28 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

There is a good President hiding in Trump, but until he turns off Twitter and fills the executive branch offices properly we aren't going to see it.
07-06-2017 08:30 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(07-06-2017 08:28 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  The Don can be Presidential in the traditional sense when it is called for. He is always strategic and calculating to say the least.
Trump can be anyone he wants.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/...n-n2118062

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
07-06-2017 08:34 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(07-06-2017 08:30 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  There is a good President hiding in Trump, but until he turns off Twitter and fills the executive branch offices properly we aren't going to see it.

Agree. Everyone else knows that too but him.
07-06-2017 08:36 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(07-06-2017 08:30 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  There is a good President hiding in Trump, but until he turns off Twitter and fills the executive branch offices properly we aren't going to see it.

Twitter is his worst enemy
07-06-2017 08:36 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U

I guess it comes down to how you define a "good President." He wasn't elected to be a traditional POTUS. That was clear when he won the GOP nomination that started with 17 candidates (IIRC) and folks saw what he was then. I believe he will "settle in" more as time goes on and there will be some true International and National crises to manage through. I'm just happy knowing the courts will balance out with more conservative judges that he appoints.
07-06-2017 08:39 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
How sad is it the simple fact he followed basic customs and didn't embarrass himself is his best day in office? He still couldn't help himself and complained about the media in front of another world leader... Trump has a victim complex and just can't put it on pause for one trip.
07-06-2017 08:54 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(07-06-2017 08:54 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  How sad is it the simple fact he followed basic customs and didn't embarrass himself is his best day in office? He still couldn't help himself and complained about the media in front of another world leader... Trump has a victim complex and just can't put it on pause for one trip.

I guess you would rather he apologized to Europe too. Oblunder had NO BUSINESS being president. He should have stayed working at the YMCA in Chicago.

I know he didn't work there so don't work yourselves up.
07-06-2017 08:57 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
The bar is so low for Trump, you have to go to hell to get under it.

Yeah, he had a great day. Told another lie. Nobody knows who hacked the election. Could have been the Russians. Could have been aliens. Nobody knows. My crack research team (voices in my head) told me so.
07-06-2017 09:15 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(07-06-2017 08:54 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  How sad is it the simple fact he followed basic customs and didn't embarrass himself is his best day in office? He still couldn't help himself and complained about the media in front of another world leader... Trump has a victim complex and just can't put it on pause for one trip.

The office of protocol is responsible for briefing the First Family on these visits about local customs. He was just following directions like a good boy for a change.
07-06-2017 09:20 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(07-06-2017 09:15 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  The bar is so low for Trump, you have to go to hell to get under it.

If he did he could have said howdy to Obama.
07-06-2017 09:25 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(07-06-2017 09:15 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  The bar is so low for Trump, you have to go to hell to get under it.

Yeah, he had a great day. Told another lie. Nobody knows who hacked the election. Could have been the Russians. Could have been aliens. Nobody knows. My crack research team (voices in my head) told me so.

He's not any kind of parliamentarian, gentleman, or statesman. With that said, has he done anything to completion that will permanently hurt the country in the long term?

He can act like an idiot and be an average President by just not blowing up the science lab.
07-06-2017 09:28 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(07-06-2017 09:28 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  

He's not any kind of parliamentarian, gentleman, or statesman. With that said, has he done anything to completion that will permanently hurt the country in the long term?

He can act like an idiot and be an average President by just not blowing up the science lab.

Compared to what? Obama was a weak placator, Clinton was a buffoon, George ii was a bumbler. Seriously. How far back you wanna go? Carter was weak, Kennedy almost got into a nuclear war not to mention Vietnam. LBJ ramped it up in Vietnam. Truman made a mess in Korea and FDR didnt really step up until pearl harbor was bombed. He was too busy giving shite away and diddling his mistress in georgia

Hes no Reagan
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 10:00 PM by shere khan.)
07-06-2017 09:48 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer

A great day for our President and for our country.
07-06-2017 10:16 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(07-06-2017 09:48 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 09:28 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  

Compared to what? Obama was a weak placator, Clinton was a buffoon, George ii was a bumbler. Seriously. How far back you wanna go? Carter was weak, Kennedy almost got into a nuclear war not to mention Vietnam. LBJ ramped it up in Vietnam. Truman made a mess in Korea and FDR didnt really step up until pearl harbor was bombed. He was too busy giving shite away and diddling his mistress in georgia

Hes no Reagan

Obama was a good statesman, but his policies were kinda weird. They were wasteful but not really even that progressive.

Clinton got some things done, but he was goofy af.

W was a poor public speaker.

I'm 28, so before Bill doesn't register with me.
07-06-2017 10:39 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Are you sure it was a good day? I honestly haven't watched any TV/News today but I have been on the internet most of the day and going by Yahoo...

Trump’s disturbing, incoherent press conference in Poland
Trump’s history of Putin statements: Lots of praise
'Putin will eat President Trump's lunch'
How Putin Tricked Trump Into a Game He Can’t Win

Those are just a few of the headlines on the President from Yahoo. So this having a good day is news to me. I bet most of American saw those headlines and nothing else today.
07-07-2017 02:14 AM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I looked at source material. I do not like interpretations of source material.
07-07-2017 06:51 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
The EU and Japan left out the US of a trade deal the Head Ethics officer resigned in a blistering critique. Hardly a good day for Prez Bombast.
07-07-2017 07:01 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
You know why it was a great day for him in office?

She wasn't in office.
07-07-2017 07:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.