Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dont know if everyone has noticed
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
Dont know if everyone has noticed
But there is a new board called the "P5 Discussion Board" at the top of the college sports and conference realignment board. For those of you who didnt frequent the realignment board, you may enjoy this one as it only pertains to P5 matters.
07-04-2017 06:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Dont know if everyone has noticed
Thank you 04-cheers
07-04-2017 07:52 AM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
FWIW, I think the partition is a mistake, but time will tell.

Thanks for the heads up!
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 02:43 PM by nzmorange.)
07-05-2017 02:42 PM
OrangeDude Offline
Special Teams

(07-04-2017 06:44 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  But there is a new board called the "P5 Discussion Board" at the top of the college sports and conference realignment board. For those of you who didnt frequent the realignment board, you may enjoy this one as it only pertains to P5 matters.

I think this is a great idea myself. Don't expect it to get much traffic in the summer, but I know I plan on utilizing it in the fall for various topics such as:

1) my usual TV ratings for college football games involving P5 conferences;

2) historical bowl participation (67 years of data I am in the midst of collecting now) including in that an emphasis on Top 10, Top 5, and 1 vs 2 match-ups;

3) a tweak of the current Director's Cup standings scoring to see if there is a greater emphasis put on the sports more schools participate in (football, men's and women's basketball, baseball, softball, and men's and women's soccer) if that somehow alters the perception of across-the-board athletics strength amongst P5 teams;

4) and a few more that I hesitate to bring up now since they are just in the germination stage at the moment and I don't always pursue every idea that comes to my mind. 03-wink

If anyone has any special requests that they want me to research regarding P5 teams or conferences (or twists on the above), PM me and I will add them to my list but can't promise I will get to them.

Cheers,
Neil
07-05-2017 04:40 PM
Advertisement

XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(07-05-2017 04:40 PM)OrangeDude Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 06:44 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  But there is a new board called the "P5 Discussion Board" at the top of the college sports and conference realignment board. For those of you who didnt frequent the realignment board, you may enjoy this one as it only pertains to P5 matters.

I think this is a great idea myself. Don't expect it to get much traffic in the summer, but I know I plan on utilizing it in the fall for various topics such as:

2) historical bowl participation (67 years of data I am in the midst of collecting now) including in that an emphasis on Top 10, Top 5, and 1 vs 2 match-ups;

3) a tweak of the current Director's Cup standings scoring to see if there is a greater emphasis put on the sports more schools participate in (football, men's and women's basketball, baseball, softball, and men's and women's soccer) if that somehow alters the perception of across-the-board athletics strength amongst P5 teams;

4) and a few more that I hesitate to bring up now since they are just in the germination stage at the moment and I don't always pursue every idea that comes to my mind. 03-wink

If anyone has any special requests that they want me to research regarding P5 teams or conferences (or twists on the above), PM me and I will add them to my list but can't promise I will get to them.

Cheers,
Neil

Are you still going to write a book on realignment?
07-05-2017 07:04 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(07-05-2017 02:42 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  FWIW, I think the partition is a mistake, but time will tell.

Thanks for the heads up!

same here
07-05-2017 09:57 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
I think it is a good start. I wish it was a little more like the conference boards.

College sports (no threads)
P5 sports
G5 sports
FCS sports (if necessary)
Conference Realignment
Possibly a sport-specific board or two like Lacrosse?
07-06-2017 09:00 AM
OrangeDude Offline
Special Teams

(07-05-2017 07:04 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 04:40 PM)OrangeDude Wrote:  

Cheers,
Neil

Are you still going to write a book on realignment?

Well, the book I really wanted to write regarding realignment had to do with the clusterf!%* ACC one back in 2003. 03-wink

But since it all worked out in the end, I have mostly lost interest. 03-lmfao

Cheers,
Neil
07-06-2017 09:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.