Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Great Piece on Isaiah Pead
Bookmark and Share
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Great Piece on Isaiah Pead
Inspirational story on Mr. Pead from the Sporting News.

https://t.co/JHjS48WiIF

06-19-2017 03:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
RE: Great Piece on Isaiah Pead
Amazing he has such a positive attitude after what happened to him. I wish him th best of luck.

06-19-2017 05:10 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(06-19-2017 05:10 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  Amazing he has such a positive attitude after what happened to him. I wish him th best of luck.

Agree 100% Love that he has a "Plan B" business venture and a son to help give him purpose after losing a leg. Godspeed Isaiah!

06-19-2017 05:57 PM
The T-Shirt Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
Bearcat Highlights: https://youtu.be/e5hlYxkBJ0s

NFL Highlights: https://youtu.be/tEkMsRSLRkg

What a great article. Pead is one of my all time favorite Bearcats. Nakamura, Barwin, Gilyard, Schaffer, and Pead. They were all so much fun to watch. I still remember big runs by Pead in big games like Oklahoma, Tennessee, etc... I'm glad he has such a great attitude about this situation. Id love to see him back at Nippert leading the student section in DTD, or honored at halftime, he deserves it. Legendary Bearcat.

06-20-2017 07:49 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

(06-20-2017 07:49 AM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  Bearcat Highlights: https://youtu.be/e5hlYxkBJ0s

What a great article. Pead is one of my all time favorite Bearcats. Nakamura, Barwin, Gilyard, Schaffer, and Pead. They were all so much fun to watch. I still remember big runs by Pead in big games like Oklahoma, Tennessee, etc... I'm glad he has such a great attitude about this situation. Id love to see him back at Nippert leading the student section in DTD, or honored at halftime, he deserves it. Legendary Bearcat.

Pead should have been honored years ago, along with Mardy Gilyard, Derek Wolfe, Armon Binns, Zach Collaros, Terrill Byrd, JK Shaffer, Travis Kelce, and others. I liked Shaq Washington a lot, but the fact he was put in the Ring of Honor last year before any of those guys was a bit insulting IMHO.

06-20-2017 07:55 AM
Advertisement

pat5775 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Wow... It's nothing, I just have a stick in my eye 03-weeping

06-20-2017 08:36 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
Pead and David Small were my two favorite Bearcat running backs ever. Wish this guy the best. This was a joy to read despite the tragedy of what happened. Great perspective from a great Bearcat.

06-20-2017 08:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AeroCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
This is my favorite Pead highlight compilation... The Wonderman

06-20-2017 09:11 AM
vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
[quote='AeroCat' pid='14406573' dateline='1497967917']

[/quote

I have said this before, but Isaiah Pead is the best running back in UC history. And I have seen them all since 1955.

06-20-2017 10:45 AM
Advertisement

doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(06-20-2017 10:45 AM)vabearcat Wrote:  [quote='AeroCat' pid='14406573' dateline='1497967917']

[/quote

I have said this before, but Isaiah Pead is the best running back in UC history. And I have seen them all since 1955.
I too have attended UC games since the 50's as a youngster. Pead is the best, a rare combination of speed, power, vision, balance and cutting skill. Good hands on swing passes.

He belongs on the Ring.

06-20-2017 10:59 AM
Cat_Litter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC

Donators
Dang, that guy could accelerate. That video brought back a lot of good memories.

06-20-2017 11:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
I remember watching the Tennessee game and after Pead took it to the house on the opening drive I said, ok, we have a chance. Too bad over the second half we got dominated but Pead had a monster rushing game finishing with 155 yards on only 14 attempts.

06-20-2017 11:38 AM
Jake29 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(06-20-2017 07:49 AM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  Bearcat Highlights: https://youtu.be/e5hlYxkBJ0s

That Oklahoma run got called back if I'm not mistaken. Would have been such an awesome game changing run but they ruled his forearm down I believe.

06-20-2017 12:01 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

(06-20-2017 12:01 PM)Jake29 Wrote:  

That Oklahoma run got called back if I'm not mistaken. Would have been such an awesome game changing run but they ruled his forearm down I believe.

The one run where he landed on his hand did get called back but he still had a hell of a game with several long runs (21 carries for 169 yards).

06-20-2017 12:08 PM
dj3600 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Uc
loved watch him play hope and pray for the best for him and his family

06-21-2017 06:36 AM
BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
All Tennessee fans I talked were so impressed with Pead (And how many fans we brought with us) and trying to figure out how we got him and how they missed out on him. They kept saying a back like him on their team and they are a National Title contender. He was a special RB and glad to see he has moved on from the tragedy.

06-21-2017 08:26 AM
Recluse1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(06-20-2017 11:38 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  I remember watching the Tennessee game and after Pead took it to the house on the opening drive I said, ok, we have a chance. Too bad over the second half we got dominated but Pead had a monster rushing game finishing with 155 yards on only 14 attempts.

That initial run was the one positive memory from that game. I still get mad thinking how the staff just let Bray sit back in the pocket and pick us apart. No blitzes, no change in look/package and for an entire game. Still, Pead was a stud in his time here. The speed with which he could change direction was ridiculous. Even though he played against lesser competition through-out his time at UC, he was like watching Barry Sanders at times.

06-21-2017 07:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.