Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Away Games You're Attending
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Away Games You're Attending
Going to three games (NCSt, Miami and FSU)

Luckily this year...I can see Cuse in Florida twice. I will be at both FSU and Miami.

FSU will be by myself or with a travel buddy and I/we expect to stay one night in a motel about an hour away (Perry) from Tally. Motels are waaaay overpriced in Tally on game weekend. If I wasn't going to run and organize a tailgate you can actually do a one day boomerang trip from Tampa Bay. I expect 40 Cuse fans at the tailgate...but hoping to get to 50 so our group rate tix get even cheaper. FSU tix rep is easy to work with...pricing already out.

Miami game will be a family trip (wife coming and my oldest son meets us from Manhattan). Looking forward to this game the most. I want to check out the remodeled stadium. Miami still hasn't set pricing for individual games. (sigh) Planning a tailgate smaller than expected...will be around 50-60. It seems like a ton Cuse fans are going to LSU over Miami this year.

NC St game was a late add on...found a cheap airfare and received a kitchen pass. Motels are actually pretty cheap in Raleigh on a Football weekend unlike FSU. Meeting a buddy from Texas for the game. I will attend a Cuse sponsored tailgate so this will be a "no work" game for me.

Finally if any board posters want to join our tailgate...just send me PM. I have meet several board members this way. They can attest I'm kinda normal. ;-)

So where are you planning on going?
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 08:51 AM by TexanMark.)
06-09-2017 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
RE: Away Games You're Attending
Man, I would love to get down to that Miami game in October but I just cant see being able to make it to Florida in October. It would be nice to meet your family though. I just don't think I will be in Florida that month. Its exciting to see SU and Miami play again. They havent played since the 2 were in the BE together. It used to be one of the biggest games in the BE. Of course SU was a lot better then. I hope SU gives them a good game.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 10:43 AM by cuseroc.)
06-09-2017 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
We had originally planned on doing both the Louisville and Virginia Tech games but it's looking like that will be when my son is home on pre-deployment leave so it's not looking good.

Of course we'll be in Columbia for the chicken kickin' in November.

The odd years suck for attractive road conference games.
06-09-2017 03:20 PM
CharmCityTiger Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Clemson
(06-09-2017 03:20 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  We had originally planned on doing both the Louisville and Virginia Tech games but it's looking like that will be when my son is home on pre-deployment leave so it's not looking good.

I was planning on doing VT and Louisville as well. Also I went to a Clemson football game three days before I deployed so it's definitely doable (if you had one last weekend at home what would you possibly want to do more than catch a Clemson game?).
06-09-2017 08:35 PM
Kaplony Offline

(06-09-2017 08:35 PM)CharmCityTiger Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 03:20 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  We had originally planned on doing both the Louisville and Virginia Tech games but it's looking like that will be when my son is home on pre-deployment leave so it's not looking good.

I was planning on doing VT and Louisville as well. Also I went to a Clemson football game three days before I deployed so it's definitely doable (if you had one last weekend at home what would you possibly want to do more than catch a Clemson game?).

He's been in El Paso for three years and in that time has been able to deer hunt one day when home on Christmas leave. Between that and his girlfriend being at Converse College I doubt we'll be able to swing a road trip. If we do it'll be VT just because we know that we can do Blacksburg in two days without it killing us.

Plus he's going with us to the BC game, except he'll be the guest of one of our tailgate crew in the Westzone so he's going to catch at least one game.
06-09-2017 09:19 PM
Advertisement

XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Atlanta and Blacksburg.
I've never been to Morgantown, but I have been to Raleigh.......can't be much difference....i don't go anymore.
06-09-2017 10:12 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
It's an odd year for me. It's the first regular season neutral site game (WVU) that I'm going to miss since we joined the ACC. Also, It will be the first @Virginia game that I'll have missed since before we joined the Big East.

I'm missing the WVU game because I'm tired of going to neutral site games and losing. Losing to WVU at a game where half the fans are theirs would hurt more than any other game we play. VT is something like 0-7 in regular season neutral site games since joining the ACC. Maybe not attending will break the jinx and VT will win. I won't be going to the UVA game because I have a cruise that starts that day.
06-10-2017 05:32 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(06-09-2017 10:41 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  Man, I would love to get down to that Miami game in October but I just cant see being able to make it to Florida in October. It would be nice to meet your family though. I just don't think I will be in Florida that month. Its exciting to see SU and Miami play again. They havent played since the 2 were in the BE together. It used to be one of the biggest games in the BE. Of course SU was a lot better then. I hope SU gives them a good game.

(06-09-2017 09:19 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 08:35 PM)CharmCityTiger Wrote:  

He's been in El Paso for three years and in that time has been able to deer hunt one day when home on Christmas leave. Between that and his girlfriend being at Converse College I doubt we'll be able to swing a road trip. If we do it'll be VT just because we know that we can do Blacksburg in two days without it killing us.

Plus he's going with us to the BC game, except he'll be the guest of one of our tailgate crew in the Westzone so he's going to catch at least one game.

I walked by Westzone last year I think...was that kind of a huge lot about 10 lower then the road next to it?
06-10-2017 12:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline

(06-10-2017 12:15 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  I walked by Westzone last year I think...was that kind of a huge lot about 10 lower then the road next to it?

The Westzone

[Image: 0RnIxRD.jpg]
06-10-2017 02:20 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

(06-10-2017 02:20 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(06-10-2017 12:15 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  I walked by Westzone last year I think...was that kind of a huge lot about 10 lower then the road next to it?

The Westzone

[Image: 0RnIxRD.jpg]

When you said tailgating...I assumed it was in a lot next to the west end zone.04-cheers

We had a nice set up at St. Andrews Catholic Church last year. The Youth Pastor at the church we found out was a Syracuse fan so he was happy to see us. Pretty easy walk in good weather. Will go back there in 2018 if available.
06-10-2017 02:52 PM
GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech AT UCF...Orlando.. 16 Sept 2017!!!!! I guess you could count the Kickoff game "as an away game" since it is not at Bobby Dodd, but I won't!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2017 12:26 PM by GTFletch.)
06-10-2017 06:38 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

If you ever have a chance to get to Papa Johns you would likely enjoy your visit there. The card fans for the most part are gracious people and they treat opposing fans well. Its basically a brand new stadium so its got good seating and sight lines. Im thinking about going to to that game again. I had a chance to meet Cardinal Jim and his wife as well as Cardfan1 and his wife at TexanMarks tailgating event. Would love to have met Maize and Wilkie, guys that I have bantered with over the years on CSNBBS.
06-12-2017 11:46 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
I'm saving up for when the Hokies make that national championship run. ACC CG plus 2 bowl games in one post season can be expensive!
07-coffee3
06-15-2017 11:19 AM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

(06-15-2017 11:19 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I'm saving up for when the Hokies make that national championship run. ACC CG plus 2 bowl games in one post season can be expensive!
07-coffee3

So in essence....this will be passed down to your great-great grandchildren to use?
06-15-2017 11:29 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-15-2017 11:29 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(06-15-2017 11:19 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I'm saving up for when the Hokies make that national championship run. ACC CG plus 2 bowl games in one post season can be expensive!
07-coffee3

So in essence....this will be passed down to your great-great grandchildren to use?

Something tells me I need to start getting ready. What about Syracuse fans? Have you guys started saving up for that trip to Detroit (Quick Lane bowl) yet? And who knows... you might even have to travel all the way to Shreveport, LA!
05-stirthepot
06-16-2017 08:32 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(06-16-2017 08:32 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(06-15-2017 11:29 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  
07-coffee3

Something tells me I need to start getting ready. What about Syracuse fans? Have you guys started saving up for that trip to Detroit (Quick Lane bowl) yet? And who knows... you might even have to travel all the way to Shreveport, LA!
05-stirthepot

I'm hoping this year to make the PapaJohn'sBeefOBradyWhatevertheHeckitisthisyear Bowl in St. Pete. Beggars can't be choosers.
06-16-2017 09:12 AM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
@ GT and @ VT
06-16-2017 11:54 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-16-2017 11:54 AM)Shannon Panther Wrote:  @ GT and @ VT

NICE!
04-cheers
06-16-2017 01:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.