Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Seth Shuman Collegiate Baseball News Freshman All-American
Bookmark and Share
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Seth Shuman Collegiate Baseball News Freshman All-American
http://gseagles.com/news/2017/6/7/seth-s...-news.aspx

Thank you, Tyson Summers for signing him (lol).
06-07-2017 11:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BurlingtonApp Online
1st String

I Root For: App State
RE: Seth Shuman Collegiate Baseball News Freshman All-American
Might not be a bad idea to focus solely on baseball.
06-07-2017 12:13 PM
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
(06-07-2017 12:13 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Might not be a bad idea to focus solely on baseball.
FB pays his scholarship, although with our Offensive changes he may just become a scout team QB, but I think it'll work out ok for all involved.
06-07-2017 12:53 PM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(06-07-2017 12:53 PM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 12:13 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  Might not be a bad idea to focus solely on baseball.
FB pays his scholarship, although with our Offensive changes he may just become a scout team QB, but I think it'll work out ok for all involved.

Seth did a decent job when he was asked to play last year. No reason to believe he will not make a good QB. He may never be the starter in our new (again) system but I personally think he would still be a good #2 guy.
06-07-2017 01:09 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

Uh, no I think he'll be the second-string guy.
06-07-2017 01:24 PM
MOTIAW Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coastal Carolina
Cory Wood, OF, from Coastal Carolina was also on this Freshman All-American list. He is our 10th since 2007.
06-07-2017 03:29 PM
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

(06-07-2017 03:29 PM)MOTIAW Wrote:  Cory Wood, OF, from Coastal Carolina was also on this Freshman All-American list. He is our 10th since 2007.

That's awesome. I'm looking forward to lots of great Sun Belt baseball over the next few seasons.

04-cheers
06-08-2017 05:49 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(06-07-2017 01:24 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  

Congrate to him on the award.

As far as QB he maybe 2 for this year. He is athletic but he does not get up to speed fast or cut well. Not good things for option QB's. The cannon arm and one year under his belt with CTS is his saving grace. Depends on what is working and if the O line can pass block at all. If the pass blocking is awful then a fast QB that can make something out of nothing will be needed for QB1 and 2.

I dont see why we are using a scholly for a likely back up that probably will lose ground further after this years recruiting. He is far more valuable to baseball than football at this point. I guess CTS just wants to be the guy in charge of what he does.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2017 09:15 AM by JCGSU.)
06-14-2017 09:12 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(06-14-2017 09:12 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  

As far as QB he maybe 2 for this year. He is athletic but he does not get up to speed fast or cut well. Not good things for option QB's. The cannon arm and one year under his belt with CTS is his saving grace. Depends on what is working and if the O line can pass block at all. If the pass blocking is awful then a fast QB that can make something out of nothing will be needed for QB1 and 2.

I dont see why we are using a scholly for a likely back up that probably will lose ground further after this years recruiting. He is far more valuable to baseball than football at this point. I guess CTS just wants to be the guy in charge of what he does.

Can we have one thread where Shuman is mentioned that you don't just hate on him?
06-14-2017 11:00 AM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
Funny story...a pitcher from Valdosta High School (where Shuman graduated) was selected as the 21st pick in the MLB draft this week. Crazy stuff! Making my alma mater proud!
06-14-2017 12:11 PM
TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

(06-14-2017 11:00 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  Can we have one thread where Shuman is mentioned that you don't just hate on him?

No.
06-14-2017 03:48 PM
Advertisement

JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(06-14-2017 11:00 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  

Can we have one thread where Shuman is mentioned that you don't just hate on him?

Name one thing that is not true...JUST ONE. Fanatic jock sniffing is not my thing.
06-15-2017 09:18 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

(06-15-2017 09:18 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 12:53 PM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  FB pays his scholarship, although with our Offensive changes he may just become a scout team QB, but I think it'll work out ok for all involved.

Name one thing that is not true...JUST ONE. Fanatic jock sniffing is not my thing.

How about you congratulate him on his award for a sport that's not football and just leave it at that?

Your opinion is well known. You don't have to continue the circlejerk because it makes you look extremely petty.
06-15-2017 09:44 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

LOL...pettiness confirmed.

Quote:JCGSU (43) - Last updated Today, 10:19 AM

Negative (-2): How does Shuman's jock smell?
06-15-2017 11:28 AM
bullitt_60 Offline
All American

You have to let him "win" or the circular argument will go on until the end of time.
06-15-2017 01:00 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(06-15-2017 09:44 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(06-15-2017 09:18 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 01:24 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Uh, no I think he'll be the second-string guy.

How about you congratulate him on his award for a sport that's not football and just leave it at that?

Your opinion is well known. You don't have to continue the circlejerk because it makes you look extremely petty.

I did not bring up the football thing sniffer.
06-15-2017 02:15 PM
Advertisement

JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(06-15-2017 01:00 PM)bullitt_60 Wrote:  You have to let him "win" or the circular argument will go on until the end of time.

Yes because I brought up football aspect, started the argument and made a bunch of false statements...wait none of those are true.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2017 02:17 PM by JCGSU.)
06-15-2017 02:17 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(06-15-2017 11:28 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  LOL...pettiness confirmed.

Quote:JCGSU (43) - Last updated Today, 10:19 AM

Negative (-2): How does Shuman's jock smell?

But are you going to answer?
06-15-2017 02:18 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-14-2017 09:12 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  Congrate to him on the award.

Two words: Jaybo Shaw.
06-15-2017 02:18 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(06-15-2017 02:18 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  
(06-14-2017 09:12 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  Congrate to him on the award.

Two words: Jaybo Shaw.

I think you need to revisit stats and not go off some imagined greatness. He was tough as nails but he was a piece of the offense not the main piece like Ellison or Mckinnon were and was never a threat to consistently break a long one off with one missed tackle. Jaybo's longest run was 33 yards, most non mobile QB's will luck up and get that. Mckinnon with his feet alone provided more or about offense than Jaybo with his arm and feet combined. Now add in the 500+ yards passing as a bonus.
Jaybo's passing was average and really no better than Ellison he was just asked to throw more because the speed and cutting was not there. We have plenty of faster or quicker QB's that can throw for 50%-56% completion and 100 yards +/- like Jaybo.

Kevin Ellison could run and or throw for 1000 in a season, Mckinnon could run for 1500-2000 with bonus passing, Jaybo never sniffed 1000 yards rushing.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2017 02:43 PM by JCGSU.)
06-15-2017 02:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.