Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PSU 3 stooges heading to jail
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
PSU 3 stooges heading to jail
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/3-ex...spartanntp

"...Ex-president Graham Spanier, 68, got a sentence of 4 to 12 months, with the first two to be spent in jail and the rest under house arrest.
Former university athletic director Tim Curley, 63, received a sentence of 7 to 23 months, with three in jail. Former vice president Gary Schultz, 67, was sentenced to 6 to 23 months, with two months behind bars...."
06-02-2017 02:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
RE: PSU 3 stooges heading to jail
the whole stinking lot of them got of easy
06-02-2017 03:22 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(06-02-2017 02:53 PM)bullet Wrote:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/3-ex...spartanntp

"...Ex-president Graham Spanier, 68, got a sentence of 4 to 12 months, with the first two to be spent in jail and the rest under house arrest.
Former university athletic director Tim Curley, 63, received a sentence of 7 to 23 months, with three in jail. Former vice president Gary Schultz, 67, was sentenced to 6 to 23 months, with two months behind bars...."

"The judge also criticized the actions of the late head football coach, Joe Paterno, who like the other administrators failed to alert child-welfare authorities or police to the 2001 complaint, but was never charged with a crime.

Paterno "could have made that phone call without so much as getting his hands dirty. Why he didn't is beyond me," Judge Boccabella said.

- Levy & Rubinkam, AP, 6/2/17.
06-02-2017 03:23 PM
Nittany_Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
Well, they earned their jail time.

This may (hopefully) be the "last big story" as regards the whole Sandusky affair. Trials are now all over, Joe's dead, NCAA probation is over.

Onward to the future ........
06-02-2017 03:54 PM
cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(06-02-2017 03:54 PM)Nittany_Bearcat Wrote:  Well, they earned their jail time.

This may (hopefully) be the "last big story" as regards the whole Sandusky affair. Trials are now all over, Joe's dead, NCAA probation is over.

Onward to the future ........

The many children who were assaulted have to deal with a lifetime of negative residual affects of being sexually assaulted and raped, because of the selfish acts of these people as they decided to look the other way. Its not that easy for these children to move on.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 04:41 PM by cuseroc.)
06-02-2017 04:36 PM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
when will the Big 10 kick them out of the conference?
06-02-2017 04:38 PM
Advertisement

Nittany_Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

(06-02-2017 04:36 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  The many children who were assaulted have to deal with a lifetime of negative residual affects of being sexually assaulted and raped, because of the selfish acts of these people as they decided to look the other way. Its not that easy for these children to move on.

No kidding Sherlock.

I did already realize that, but thanks for your reminder (that doubled as an opportunity for you to lecture downward upon a dirt-bag Penn State fan).

Sandusky, Curley, Schultz and Spanier all were tried criminally, and all were found guilty of various things and all are serving jail time.

This world isn't perfect, but the above sounds like "justice has been served" to me.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 04:46 PM by Nittany_Bearcat.)
06-02-2017 04:46 PM
CrazyPaco Offline
All American

I Root For:
(06-02-2017 04:46 PM)Nittany_Bearcat Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 04:36 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  The many children who were assaulted have to deal with a lifetime of negative residual affects of being sexually assaulted and raped, because of the selfish acts of these people as they decided to look the other way. Its not that easy for these children to move on.

I did already realize that, but thanks for your reminder (that doubled as an opportunity for you to lecture downward upon a dirt-bag Penn State fan).

Couldn't agree more of your self-evaluation. Rah, Rah 409.
06-02-2017 05:43 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE

No kidding Sherlock.

Sandusky, Curley, Schultz and Spanier all were tried criminally, and all were found guilty of various things and all are serving jail time.

This world isn't perfect, but the above sounds like "justice has been served" to me.

I get what you are saying, and it appears you are trying to say the right thing as a PSU fan/alumnus/supporter. However, no amount of "justice" will take away or make better of the most heinous acts and cover-ups at one of the most recognizable institutions in this country. The (former) children, parents and families - not to mention the numerous innocent individuals within Penn State that now have to work to repair its image and brand - will forever need to live with his. Just because the criminal case has concluded (unless they appeal, which sounds likely), doesn't mean the ordeal ends. It will last with many for the rest of their lives.

The bottom line was that a group of individuals within Penn State, the most influential leaders at the school, chose to ignore horrifying (and repeated) crimes in order to protect the football program. No judge or jury will ever be able to provide relief or closure to the ordeal. Frankly, I was always of the opinion that Penn State would have gotten public support and eradicated a lot of bad press had they suspended their football program for a year (to show that their school was bigger than football and that they truly do not support or tolerate the crimes that were committed before). Clearly, that was not the case, and what is done is done. However, to say something like this is closed and that everyone can move on is - frankly - inconsiderate towards the many people forever scarred by this ordeal. This will never be forgotten, and it will be up to Penn State (and other universities) to continue working against the perception of putting the school (institution) behind athletics (football), like at Baylor.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 05:45 PM by GoldenWarrior11.)
06-02-2017 05:43 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
It's just sad. There are no winners.

I really wish the school would mike the most of this truly awful situation and fix some of its deeply troubling structural issues. I don't think that it will, but there's nothing that can realistically be done about those problems. I tend to agree that it's time to move on. Most of the people responsible are dead or in jail. The school has changed as much as it will ever change (unfortunately), and the poor victims have (unfortunately) gotten all the justice that they probably ever will, and (very unfortunately) their status won't change moving forward.

This is just a sad mess, but it's reached a tragic equilibrium.
06-02-2017 05:52 PM
Big Frog II Offline
1st String

I Root For: TCU
Baylor people should also got to jail. They could share a cell with these clowns.
06-02-2017 06:33 PM
Advertisement

Nittany_Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

(06-02-2017 05:43 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  Couldn't agree more of your self-evaluation. Rah, Rah 409.

CrazyPaco thinks I am a dirt-bag. Noted for the record.
06-02-2017 07:08 PM
cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

No kidding Sherlock.

I never called you or anyone else a dirtbag. Infact, this is the first time I have ever commented on the Penn State situation on this website or anywhere else. The reason that I commented in the first place was because of your insensitive remark, "lets move on because everyone has paid their dues," is basically what you were saying. My opinion is its not that easy and its not that cut and dry. Hopefully, you are able to see how others could think of your remark as being insensitive. I wont comment any further on this because the whole thing is so very sad.
06-02-2017 07:37 PM
Nittany_Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

(06-02-2017 07:37 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  I never called you or anyone else a dirtbag. Infact, this is the first time I have ever commented on the Penn State situation on this website or anywhere else. The reason that I commented in the first place was because of your insensitive remark, "lets move on because everyone has paid their dues," is basically what you were saying. My opinion is its not that easy and its not that cut and dry. Hopefully, you are able to see how others could think of your remark as being insensitive. I wont comment any further on this because the whole thing is so very sad.

I get that you're a mod here, and I like this forum because it usually has civil conversations. But I will say it - I found your initial response to me to be total bull kaka and below the usually high standards for this board.

I wasn't given any benefit of the doubt. OF COURSE I feel sorry for the victims. You jumped to conclusions and assumed I don't care about the victims.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 08:11 PM by Nittany_Bearcat.)
06-02-2017 08:10 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

No kidding Sherlock.

The bolded portion just shows how out of touch with reality most PSU fans are. There was no justice done in this case. The complicit parties could never be punished enough. 05-mafia
06-03-2017 10:10 AM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
(06-03-2017 10:10 AM)Mestophalies Wrote:  

No kidding Sherlock.

The bolded portion just shows how out of touch with reality most PSU fans are. There was no justice done in this case. The complicit parties could never be punished enough. 05-mafia

AMEN - and to further add that Paterno's son has just been voted on to the BOT which shows that Penn State is not moving on but backwards. It is the same son who was a coach under Joe when all of this was going on and he had to have knowledge of the situation at the time too. What is next the return of Joe's statue to the general public in front of the stadium to glorify him again. Appears to be a lot of short memories associated with that school at least for the boys who were attacked. 04-jawdrop 03-weeping 01-wingedeagle 03-nutkick 05-nono
06-03-2017 11:27 AM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

No kidding Sherlock.

In deed and in prison, they well could become prison B-itches, which would be karma at its best! 07-coffee3
06-03-2017 11:40 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

No kidding Sherlock.

Negligence doesn't deserve a life term. These people violated their duties and were rightfully convicted. But they didn't participate. They just turned away when they suspected bad things were going on.
06-03-2017 12:37 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Paterno's son has been voted onto the BOT?? REALLY! WOW! That is ______(fill in your own blank).
06-03-2017 01:14 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
(06-03-2017 12:37 PM)bullet Wrote:  

No kidding Sherlock.

Negligence doesn't deserve a life term. These people violated their duties and were rightfully convicted. But they didn't participate. They just turned away when they suspected bad things were going on.

This is what's wrong with America today. Freaking apologists and their lack of a moral compass. I'll remind you of that when someone has your kid bent over in the shower, to swallow your anger and except that they just turned away when they suspected something was going on. Your response is sickening.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 01:18 PM by Mestophalies.)
06-03-2017 01:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.