Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

8 SEC teams make the NCAA tournament
Bookmark and Share
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
Here is information on the wheres, whens, and whos of the bracket...

SEC Country breaks down baseball bracket
05-29-2017 11:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: 8 SEC teams make the NCAA tournament
I love me some baseball!
05-29-2017 11:19 PM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Lets turn Omaha into an SEC/ACC challenge.
05-30-2017 07:08 AM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-30-2017 07:08 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Lets turn Omaha into an SEC/ACC challenge.

I'd love to Lenville but from what I've seen of your conference entrants and ours I don't see the complete team out there like Vanderbilt was and Virginia was just a few years ago. Most schools only have two starters, not three, and most seem to suffer offensive slumps.

Both the ACC and SEC lost a lot of talent last year and have a lot of new faces this year. The Big 12 schools are returning more starters and look to be tough outs. And you never know what a California school will have.

I'd say this years tournament is going to be wide open!
05-30-2017 11:52 AM
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU & Wisconsin
(05-30-2017 11:52 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-30-2017 07:08 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Lets turn Omaha into an SEC/ACC challenge.

I'd love to Lenville but from what I've seen of your conference entrants and ours I don't see the complete team out there like Vanderbilt was and Virginia was just a few years ago. Most schools only have two starters, not three, and most seem to suffer offensive slumps.

Both the ACC and SEC lost a lot of talent last year and have a lot of new faces this year. The Big 12 schools are returning more starters and look to be tough outs. And you never know what a California school will have.

I'd agree on in being wide open, besides Oregon State nobody really dominated the regular season and even OSU I think was partially due to a PAC 12 that doesn't look quite as strong as it has in the recent past.

Last year the Big 12 only had 3 teams make the NCAA tournament but all 3 made it to Omaha, this year the Big 12 had 7 teams (out of 9) make the field and we will find out shortly how they will do in the postseason.

My Frogs are looking for their 4th straight College World Series appearance, but with our best hitter (Luken Baker) out for the rest of the year and a bullpen that has been shaky for most of the year i'm not overly confident in TCU making it back to Omaha.

If TCU and Arkansas both make it out of their regional then TCU is really going to need great pitching to make it past a Razorbacks team that can really mash the baseball (80 HRs on the year).
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2017 01:15 PM by tcufrog86.)
05-30-2017 01:14 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-30-2017 01:14 PM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  

I'd agree on in being wide open, besides Oregon State nobody really dominated the regular season and even OSU I think was partially due to a PAC 12 that doesn't look quite as strong as it has in the recent past.

Last year the Big 12 only had 3 teams make the NCAA tournament but all 3 made it to Omaha, this year the Big 12 had 7 teams (out of 9) make the field and we will find out shortly how they will do in the postseason.

My Frogs are looking for their 4th straight College World Series appearance, but with our best hitter (Luken Baker) out for the rest of the year and a bullpen that has been shaky for most of the year i'm not overly confident in TCU making it back to Omaha.

If TCU and Arkansas both make it out of their regional then TCU is really going to need great pitching to make it past a Razorbacks team that can really mash the baseball (80 HRs on the year).

Auburn led the West in the SEC until the last two weeks of the season. Nicked up starters did us in. Both seem to be healthy again and it would be easy to see Auburn winning the first two in Tallahassee. But we only have 1 good reliever and two average mid week pitchers beyond Mize and Thompson. What would be terribly difficult for Auburn would be to win that 3rd or 4th game in a regional. If we did we would have to do it with offense.

We are capable. We swept Florida. That tells me that beyond 3 solid starters that Florida lacks the offense to make a deep run. A well pitched 2-1 loss due to an untimely error is just a bad as getting whipped 8-1. I think as inconsistently as their young players were, L.S.U. is the most complete team in the SEC. Kentucky could make a deep run because they are extremely offensive oriented. They don't need dazzling starters, just consistent ones.

It ought to be fun. I could easily see 3 Big 12 schools in the CWS again.
05-30-2017 01:29 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas

Hogs have been Sooieville Sluggars for sure, but great pitching can slow them down. See the LSU game. Saw a tweet that Arkansas is on an 0-8 run in SEC title games in Football, basketball and baseball. If the hogs want respect, they go out there and win some of those games.
05-30-2017 02:14 PM
Advertisement

tcufrog86 Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU & Wisconsin
(05-30-2017 02:14 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  

Hogs have been Sooieville Sluggars for sure, but great pitching can slow them down. See the LSU game. Saw a tweet that Arkansas is on an 0-8 run in SEC title games in Football, basketball and baseball. If the hogs want respect, they go out there and win some of those games.

TCUs ballpark tends to be a pitchers park as well as the wind usually blows in. It has become more forgiving in the past couple of seasons as we moved in the fences a little bit but still plays larger than most NCAA ballparks.
05-30-2017 02:29 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
(05-30-2017 02:29 PM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  
(05-30-2017 02:14 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  

TCUs ballpark tends to be a pitchers park as well as the wind usually blows in. It has become more forgiving in the past couple of seasons as we moved in the fences a little bit but still plays larger than most NCAA ballparks.

Hope to see y'all in the super regionals
05-30-2017 04:04 PM
Advertisement

Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville

You just have to get hot at the right time. FSU is currently one of the hottest. It is wide open. Good luck.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2017 08:14 AM by Lenvillecards.)
05-31-2017 08:08 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-31-2017 08:08 AM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  

You just have to get hot at the right time. FSU is currently one of the hottest. It is wide open. Good luck.

Tallahassee is wide open. UCF could just as easily take that regional.
05-31-2017 09:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.