Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

STADIUM will televise 15 Conference USA football games
Bookmark and Share
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
Expect their schedule to be released in June. Will air on ASN OTA stations and on Twitter. http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/ol...31fca.html
05-23-2017 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

devyanks90 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion

Folding@NCAAbbs
RE: STADIUM will televise 15 Conference USA football games
Article says at least 1 ODU game will be televised. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will not be UNC game which I assume will be on BeIN,
05-23-2017 07:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
(05-23-2017 07:09 PM)devyanks90 Wrote:  Article says at least 1 ODU game will be televised. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will not be UNC game which I assume will be on BeIN,

Does ASN get to pick before beIN? I thought they did.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2017 07:16 PM by BeliefBlazer.)
05-23-2017 07:16 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Im really curious about how large the on-line presence will be for STADIUM and how it will be accessed---especially the Twitter partnership. That could be a very big deal if its covers all (or most) of the games, is easily accessed, and provides a clear reliable stream. That would be a huge quantum leap forward for fans trying to follow CUSA next season.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2017 07:56 PM by Attackcoog.)
05-23-2017 07:46 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(05-23-2017 05:38 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  Expect their schedule to be released in June. Will air on ASN OTA stations and on Twitter. http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/ol...31fca.html

Do you know how many ASN televised last year ? That seems like less.
05-23-2017 08:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
ASN had 15 and Campus Insiders had 6. Haven't heard if there will still be Campus Insiders exclusives on their website.
05-23-2017 09:43 PM
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
Reading this thread it occurred to me that it might also be important to get P5 home games so that the big schools' fans are forced to channel search and scrape to find their beloved teams' games, just like we are, when they are playing us and other G5 schools. Would love it if the ODU-UNC game wasn't easily available in much of North Carolina. Let them travel to a neighbors house or a sports bar to try to get a glimpse of the game. Let them have to order a special sports pack that has beIN to see it. Let them have to hook an antenna up to get the ASN broadcast from their local airwaves on channel 8.3. They really don't know how easy they've got it.
05-24-2017 03:55 AM
jaminniner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte
(05-24-2017 03:55 AM)MUther Wrote:  Reading this thread it occurred to me that it might also be important to get P5 home games so that the big schools' fans are forced to channel search and scrape to find their beloved teams' games, just like we are, when they are playing us and other G5 schools. Would love it if the ODU-UNC game wasn't easily available in much of North Carolina. Let them travel to a neighbors house or a sports bar to try to get a glimpse of the game. Let them have to order a special sports pack that has beIN to see it. Let them have to hook an antenna up to get the ASN broadcast from their local airwaves on channel 8.3. They really don't know how easy they've got it.

I understand your point but from a marketing standpoint you want as many eyeballs on your product as possible so the tarhole playing ODU over the air statewide in North Carolina brings far more recognition to ODU than being buried on an obscure video feed. ODU, Charlotte, and virtually every other team in this conference need all the exposure they can get. If somehow ODU can win or make a game of it you want people to see it.
05-24-2017 06:49 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
When the contracts were divulged last year it was said that ASN would televise 15 with the option to pick 15 additional games. They did not do that probably because they subleased games from espn.
05-24-2017 06:53 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Wonder if Direct TV sports package will still have these games?
05-24-2017 06:56 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
This sounds like these games will be broadcasting nationally rather than regionally. Along with BeIN sports getting games, the rest maybe online via the Stadium web or their twitter account.
05-24-2017 07:24 AM
Advertisement

ghostofclt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
(05-24-2017 03:55 AM)MUther Wrote:  Reading this thread it occurred to me that it might also be important to get P5 home games so that the big schools' fans are forced to channel search and scrape to find their beloved teams' games, just like we are, when they are playing us and other G5 schools. Would love it if the ODU-UNC game wasn't easily available in much of North Carolina. Let them travel to a neighbors house or a sports bar to try to get a glimpse of the game. Let them have to order a special sports pack that has beIN to see it. Let them have to hook an antenna up to get the ASN broadcast from their local airwaves on channel 8.3. They really don't know how easy they've got it.

clt says most UNC CHeat fans could not figure that out.
05-24-2017 08:30 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
(05-24-2017 06:56 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Wonder if Direct TV sports package will still have these games?

Suppose it will depend if regional sports nets want to pick them up. Sinclair did just buy the Tribune stations, so ASN could have a much larger footprint this year.
05-24-2017 08:32 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
(05-24-2017 07:24 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  This sounds like these games will be broadcasting nationally rather than regionally. Along with BeIN sports getting games, the rest maybe online via the Stadium web or their twitter account.

Stadium will not be picking up every single C-USA game. Each school still needs to make progress on becoming ESPN3 ready.
05-24-2017 08:33 AM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
No Stadium app?
05-24-2017 08:59 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
I believe Twitter TV has an app for Roku, Fire, and Apple TV.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using CSNbbs mobile app
05-24-2017 09:08 AM
Advertisement

sportdawg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(05-24-2017 06:56 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Wonder if Direct TV sports package will still have these games?
Pretty sure I read there will still be distribution to the CSNs, NESN, Cox Sports etc. Don't have a link though.
05-24-2017 09:54 AM
sportdawg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(05-24-2017 08:32 AM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  

Suppose it will depend if regional sports nets want to pick them up. Sinclair did just buy the Tribune stations, so ASN could have a much larger footprint this year.

The tribune stations are not Sinclair, Yet. Still has to go through FCC approval.
Quote:The transaction has been unanimously approved by the Boards of Directors of both companies and is
anticipated to close and fund in the fourth quarter of 2017
05-24-2017 09:58 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(05-24-2017 08:33 AM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  Stadium will not be picking up every single C-USA game. Each school still needs to make progress on becoming ESPN3 ready.

This. I'm still amazed that this is an issue.
05-24-2017 10:06 AM
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
(05-24-2017 10:06 AM)wh49er Wrote:  
(05-24-2017 08:33 AM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  Stadium will not be picking up every single C-USA game. Each school still needs to make progress on becoming ESPN3 ready.

This. I'm still amazed that this is an issue.

Some of the schools are the equivalent of someone holding their phone and taking a video of the game from their seats.
05-24-2017 10:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.