Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

University of Chicago Students Demand Race-Based Housing….
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
University of Chicago Students Demand Race-Based Housing….
[Image: 2hgrayq.jpg]

Shockingly, they didn’t demand a dorm for white people.

Quote:A University of Chicago student organization has released a list of nearly 50 demands calling for the creation of at least six separate racially-themed academic departments.

According to a copy of the demands obtained by Campus Reform, a coalition of student groups known as “UChicago United” has called for the establishment of a “Race and Ethnic Studies Department,” a “Black Studies Academic Department,” an “African Studies Department,” a “Caribbean Studies Department,” an “Asian American Studies Program,” plus a “Center for African and Caribbean Studies” and a “Latinx Affairs Office,” all of which would exist independently but receive funding from the university.

The ultimatum also asks for a set of “university-funded and run cultural houses, specifically a Black House, a Latinx House, and an Asian House,” before turning its attention to the school’s core curriculum, demanding “a new ‘Diversity and Inclusion’ graduation requirement” that would be “primarily focused on any US-centric structural oppression, such as race, gender, and sexuality.”

Additionally, the document twice calls for “the creation of a pre-orientation program specifically for incoming students of color,” which would “familiarize students with campus resources and multicultural registered student organizations” while easing “the transition to the university’s campus climate and academic demands.”

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9211
05-23-2017 04:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
RE: University of Chicago Students Demand Race-Based Housing….
(05-23-2017 04:02 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  The ultimatum also asks for a set of “university-funded and run cultural houses, specifically a Black House, a Latinx House, and an Asian House,”

What about............................ Animal House?

[Image: nc_animal_house_ll_130725_16x9_608.jpg]

What about............................... Greek House?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVmIXNMLTvqMpItZy4CdQ...vd_YHsiqcg]

What about................................ Music House?

[Image: frame_animal_house_56.jpg]

What about............................. ROTC House?

[Image: animal_house_remain_calm.jpg]

What about a Multi-Cultural Understanding House?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV6hj1gm9WrnmUR3l3Gad...EQoYRv1Kl_]
05-23-2017 04:13 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
lol, these idiots can't even tell they want exactly what their grandparents parents, grandparents, and parents sought so hard to destroy. They want the segregation. It's unbelievable.
05-23-2017 05:07 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
You guys sound triggered.
05-23-2017 05:10 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Asians are like why do you include in this mess. Why not just go to a HBCU.
05-23-2017 05:23 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
fine by me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
05-23-2017 05:29 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(05-23-2017 05:10 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  You guys sound triggered.

you don't find the racial rebalkanization of our nation worrisome?
05-23-2017 05:51 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Will they demand their own water fountains and restrooms?

Has the country lost its collective mind.
05-23-2017 05:52 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(05-23-2017 05:23 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Asians are like why do you include in this mess. Why not just go to a HBCU.

The SJW's have done a good job convincing Asian Americans (the wealthiest, healthiest, best educated people in America) that they are put upon but the white hetero patriarchy.

Asian immigrants, and many first generation kids who were not immersed in victim culture tend to be more about just getting their degrees and being left the hell alone.

05-23-2017 05:57 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(05-23-2017 05:52 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Will they demand their own water fountains and restrooms?

Has the country lost its collective mind.

[Image: 628d8098a410b5d7ad5e385f3ce92991_meme-or...4-453.jpeg]
05-23-2017 05:58 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
(05-23-2017 05:07 PM)VA49er Wrote:  lol, these idiots can't even tell they want exactly what their grandparents parents, grandparents, and parents sought so hard to destroy. They want the segregation. It's unbelievable.

There's some irony there, huh? Surprising, given that UC is a pretty good school academically. I suspect that these historical ignoramuses are not the brightest bulbs and that UC's admission standards have had to move in a downward direction in order to keep the school coffers full.

Still hard to believe that these folks want to undo what previous generations fought for and won.

As for all their other demands, tell them that it is doable but that their tuition/student fees will have to go up about 25% to fund all that. Otherwise, go pound sand or get yourself into one of those "special snowflake" Universities.
05-23-2017 06:03 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(05-23-2017 05:57 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(05-23-2017 05:23 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Asians are like why do you include in this mess. Why not just go to a HBCU.

The SJW's have done a good job convincing Asian Americans (the wealthiest, healthiest, best educated people in America) that they are put upon but the white hetero patriarchy.

Asian immigrants, and many first generation kids who were not immersed in victim culture tend to be more about just getting their degrees and being left the hell alone.

Yeah the guys are pissed, Caucasian men are taking their best women.
05-23-2017 07:29 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(05-23-2017 07:29 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Yeah the guys are pissed, Caucasian men are taking their best women.

This ain't post Korea/Vietnam america any more... Interracial marriage is going every which way.
05-23-2017 07:56 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(05-23-2017 05:51 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  

Not as bad as you chicken littles make it sound. We are more united than we've ever been.
05-23-2017 08:55 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
(05-23-2017 08:55 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  

Not as bad as you chicken littles make it sound. We are more united than we've ever been.
[Image: dc7a08fe2c2f1e4a69e51d91c835ae1c.jpg]

[Image: e575d4a32420e46db5660f25e315ab12.jpg]

[Image: 7fad33425ae7eedff21931a9e7639e7e.jpg]

05-23-2017 09:05 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

RU Serious? I think were are less united than pretty much anytime after 1970. We have open thuggery between groups on the streets of Berkeley. I mean people literally throwing bottles, m80's, and fists at each other.
05-23-2017 09:44 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(05-23-2017 09:05 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  

[Image: dc7a08fe2c2f1e4a69e51d91c835ae1c.jpg]

[Image: e575d4a32420e46db5660f25e315ab12.jpg]

[Image: 7fad33425ae7eedff21931a9e7639e7e.jpg]

Soooooo united

05-23-2017 09:47 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(05-23-2017 04:02 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  [Image: 2hgrayq.jpg]

Quote:A University of Chicago student organization has released a list of nearly 50 demands calling for the creation of at least six separate racially-themed academic departments.

According to a copy of the demands obtained by Campus Reform, a coalition of student groups known as “UChicago United” has called for the establishment of a “Race and Ethnic Studies Department,” a “Black Studies Academic Department,” an “African Studies Department,” a “Caribbean Studies Department,” an “Asian American Studies Program,” plus a “Center for African and Caribbean Studies” and a “Latinx Affairs Office,” all of which would exist independently but receive funding from the university.

The ultimatum also asks for a set of “university-funded and run cultural houses, specifically a Black House, a Latinx House, and an Asian House,” before turning its attention to the school’s core curriculum, demanding “a new ‘Diversity and Inclusion’ graduation requirement” that would be “primarily focused on any US-centric structural oppression, such as race, gender, and sexuality.”

Additionally, the document twice calls for “the creation of a pre-orientation program specifically for incoming students of color,” which would “familiarize students with campus resources and multicultural registered student organizations” while easing “the transition to the university’s campus climate and academic demands.”

U of C is private. Public Troy University has a special high end dorm with special benefits for evangelicals. Those opposed by evangelicals don't get some special dorm.

And Troy is a public university. Which is worse?
05-23-2017 09:58 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(05-23-2017 09:58 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

U of C is private. Public Troy University has a special high end dorm with special benefits for evangelicals. Those opposed by evangelicals don't get some special dorm.

Can't they both be bad?
05-23-2017 11:13 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(05-23-2017 11:13 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(05-23-2017 09:58 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

Can't they both be bad?

Actually, yes, but why aren't the schools (of which there are probably about a 1000 of) where right wing groups discriminate against non-evangelicals and LGBT persons. Including admissions, employment and campus speech an issue for many of you guys?
05-24-2017 12:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.