Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fluge: 5/19 BTM dinner tweets
Bookmark and Share
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
Exclamation Fluge: 5/19 BTM dinner tweets
Fluge's Big Ten Man tweets from tonight. Let's see what he has to say.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Dinner has begun with BTM.
I will begin tweeting when after dinner drinks are served.
5:04 PM · May 19, 2017

Until then we wait.

[Image: v4Dgk.gif]
05-19-2017 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

murrdcu Offline
1st String

RE: Fluge: 5/19 BTM dinner tweets
1s
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: Boren knows. He knows OU own T3 ends 2022. He also knows B10 new Media deal up in 2022.

1m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: Schools in B12 will need resolution long before June 30th, 2025, the day the current B12 GOR officially dies.

2m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: I brought up to you 8 or 9 months ago the importance of 2021/22 in settling the future and the reasons why.

4m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM:All of Boren's public comments in last few days are consistent with everything OU Contacts have said & we informed you since March 2015.

1m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM:All of Boren's public comments in last few days are consistent with everything OU Contacts have said & we informed you since March 2015.

2m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: Oklahoma and Kansas want out of B12. They want to attach their future to different associations.

28s
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: B12 is not working on these issues. They threw their towel in unofficially around Sept 22nd, 2016. Officially Oct 17th, 2016.

3m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: PAC are working through a minefield of issues in attempting to improve their exposure.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: PAC are working through a minefield of issues in attempting to improve their exposure.

1m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: You Greg,have always heard me talk about importance for the Presidents wanting to gain opportunities & exposure for their Universities.

2m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: People get caught up in Conference Payouts. These numbers are important, very important. But they are just one factor in many.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: But at end of day these PAC schools have no interest in changing their associations.

41s
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: PAC wants to improve themselves, their value, their 3T distribution model, possibly.

1m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: For example: USC, UCLA and Stanford don't want out of PAC. They do not want to change their associations.

2m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: We will get into the reasons next but let's get this out of the way. OU & KU want out, and they will get out.

3m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: The reason B12 will lose schools in 2022 is because a couple of schools want to change their associations.

2m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: Texas Football winning the National Championship in 2005 did not stop other B12 schools from leaving years after.

3m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: B12 will not heal they self by having Oklahoma win the National Championship in Football in 2017 or 2018.

4m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
BTM: B12 issues can't be solved by changing the outside perception of the Conference.

6m
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
Dinner is finished.
Following tweets is info coming from BTM.
05-19-2017 06:14 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

Read in reverse, I gotta run and can't post the rest
05-19-2017 06:14 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(05-19-2017 06:14 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  Read in reverse, I gotta run and can't post the rest

OU48a posted the rest at LT. They essentially went on to say that the SEC didn't show much interest in Kansas and that Kansas would head to the Big 10 no matter what.

But the guy said that the SEC would go hard for OU and OSU and the duplication of market didn't matter to them. That our primary objective was to create a boundary that would keep the Big 10 out of Texas. Therefore ESPN would back us in the move.

Then there was something about the PAC trying to make a play for Texas and friends.
05-19-2017 07:34 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

Posting the rest from OU48

Greg Flugaur‏ @flugempire
BTM: We will get into the reasons next but let's get this out of the way. OU & KU want out, and they will
BTM: The reason B12 will lose schools in 2022 is because a couple of schools want to change their associations.
BTM: Boren knows. He knows OU own T3 ends 2022. He also knows B10 new Media deal up in 2022.

BTM: From B10 perspective SEC will make a huge play for OU. PAC will make their interest known once again.
BTM: From B10 perspective PAC is not much of a threat to obtain Oklahoma.
BTM: From B10 perspective SEC wants to move West in their next expansion just like they did with Missouri and TAMU.
BTM: From B10 perspective SEC will not make serious play for Kansas.
B10 targeting Kansas is completely independent of what decision Oklahoma makes in 2022.
BTM: Oklahoma has knowledge, a perception Kansas is B10 bound regardless of their own future position in Realignment.

BTM: B10 100% believes SEC, not wanting B10 at the border of Texas, will make an aggressive pitch for OU/OSU.
BTM: From B10 perspective this aggressive pitch from SEC will endanger B10 hopes of landing Oklahoma in 2022.
BTM: OU/OSU combo going to SEC is very plausible scenario. Greatest threat to B10 plans going forward.
BTM: ESPN created LHN to keep Texas out of PAC and B10. ESPN/SEC will go all out to keep B10 out of Oklahoma. Keep B10 off Texas Border.

BTM: OU/OSU sharing same media market will not factor negatively into this particular desire for SEC to land both schools.
BTM: This is the lay of the land. Both B10 & SEC are aware of each Conference targets.There are no secrets. Only planning.

BTM: For B10 its OU/KU (and it has been for quite sometime)
For SEC it's landing OU through OU/OSU tied together invite.
BTM: B10 knows OU is very interested in obtaining B10 invite. OU knows B10 wants them in the B10 Conference.No secrets.
BTM: OU is the ignition switch in next wave of Realignment. OU knows their position. Other schools know this as well including Texas.
BTM:Without Oklahoma B10 will still pursue KU.We know this to be true. Who B10 pursues for 16 is not known. Won't be known until OU decides

BTM: If OU chooses B10, B10 perspective is SEC would stand still.
BTM: B10, at this time, doesn't see any opening to obtaining Texas into its conference.
BTM: B10 would almost do anything to get Texas into the conference for the next 100 years. But Longhorns, at this time, are out of reach.
BTM: LHN will not continue to function as it currently stands. B10 believes UT will eventually move to PAC.

BTM: Texas & ESPN will move as many Texas schls as possible to PAC as long as PAC gives some equity of PACN into LHN in some manner or form

BTM: News will be breaking soon on LHN receiving more limited play on Direct TV in some fashion.
BTM: I repeat myself, but the disease B12 is carrying around is lack of exposure. Its inability to market and brand itself.
BTM: Lack of exposure in Research & Academic circles for B12 schls has now infected its Athletic Programs to reach higher levels of exposure
BTM: It's very easy for Kansas and Oklahoma to witness what the B10 association has accomplished for Nebraska.
BTM: In a few years Kansas will become part of the B10 and this will have a great pull for Oklahoma to not leave this opportunity behind.
BTM: SEC, on their part, will make it very difficult for Oklahoma, politically, to turn down SEC Invite which will include OSU.

BTM: Navy doesn't want to put their Football Program into P5 setting. Too many ACC schools don't want WVU as member.
Me: To switch back to B10 Expansion. How long has it been B10 plan to obtain Oklahoma & Kansas in 2022/2024?
BTM: Spring of 2015 when B10 knew of ESPN plans to actually, truthfully carry out their promises of growing exposure for ACC schls = ACCN.
BTM: B10 is fortunate Kansas and Oklahoma both have tremendous interest in making 100 year decision with B10.
I'm going to quit tweeting so I can have a drink.

I will try to answer your questions later tonight.

This concludes BTM Dinner tweets.
05-19-2017 08:10 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

Now guys let me remind the board about a few things:

1. Fluguar is just a twitter hit whore.

2. Virtually everything he said has either been said by me on this board or by you on this board and most of it a year or longer ago.

a. The SEC would offer OSU to get OU to keep the Big 10 out of our region.
b. That doing so would it make it even more unlikely that Texas would ever head to the Big 10.
c. I've said many times in spite of the opposition that Texas would never head to the B1G.
d. We've all said that if ESPN could get a % of the PACN that Texas could head to the PAC with friends.

So let this just be a lesson that knowing your schools, their regions, and using business sense and common sense can make you an insider for Big 10 fan boys too!

Enjoy!!!
05-19-2017 08:14 PM
Advertisement

murrdcu Offline
1st String

(05-19-2017 08:14 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Now guys let me remind the board about a few things:

2. Virtually everything he said has either been said by me on this board or by you on this board and most of it a year or longer ago.

b. That doing so would it make it even more unlikely that Texas would ever head to the Big 10.
c. I've said many times in spite of the opposition that Texas would never head to the B1G.
d. We've all said that if ESPN could get a % of the PACN that Texas could head to the PAC with friends.

So let this just be a lesson that knowing your schools, their regions, and using business sense and common sense can make you an insider for Big 10 fan boys too!

Enjoy!!!

Hater. 01-lauramac2

05-stirthepot

Interesting that B1G would take KU regardless of OU. Would have to think they would round out out east or just wait for a while.

They did say B1G might vote on North Dakota as a hockey only addition this summer when Presidents meet. That info and wrestling news has been accurate.

Starting to think the SEC could offer the Texahoma package and be done at 18.
05-19-2017 09:11 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-19-2017 09:11 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 08:14 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Now guys let me remind the board about a few things:

Enjoy!!!

Hater. 01-lauramac2

05-stirthepot

Interesting that B1G would take KU regardless of OU. Would have to think they would round out out east or just wait for a while.

They did say B1G might vote on North Dakota as a hockey only addition this summer when Presidents meet. That info and wrestling news has been accurate.

Let's make two assumptions here:
1. Texas doesn't get a PAC deal because ESPN can't gain a % of the PAC Network. This is a likely assumption because the PAC sees potential in cutting out the middle man and collecting on advertising through Amazon which inserts the commercials into the picture of the games.

2. Kansas doesn't really want to head to the Big 10 alone (although they dare not mention it publicly for fear of missing out).

The SEC does move to 18. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, West Virginia/Texas Tech

The ACC does move to 18. Texas, T.C.U., Cincinnati, Texas Tech/ West Virginia

If Baylor loses their voting rights as part of conference sanctions 7 is all it takes.

Texas would truly do the ACC a lot more good than it would the SEC. The RRR is not in jeopardy at all with OU & OSU together in the SEC.

If the PAC would still take Texas Tech and T.C.U it even opens up better distribution scenarios.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2017 12:09 AM by JRsec.)
05-19-2017 09:44 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

(05-19-2017 09:44 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Enjoy!!!

Hater. 01-lauramac2

05-stirthepot

1. Texas doesn't get a PAC deal because ESPN can't gain a % of the PAC Network. This is a likely assumption because the PAC sees potential in cutting out the middle man and collecting on advertising through Amazon which inserts the commercials into the picture of the games.

2. Kansas doesn't really want to head to the Big 10 alone (although they dare not mention it publicly for fear of missing out).

The SEC does move to 18. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, West Virginia/Texas Tech

If Baylor loses their voting rights as part of conference sanctions 7 is all it takes.

Texas would truly do the ACC a lot more good than it would the SEC. The RRR is not in jeopardy at all with OU & OSU together in the SEC.

If the PAC would still take Texas Tech and T.C.U it even opens up better distribution scenarios.

1. PAC Networks need viewers to be profitable. I'm still not seeing a solution there.

2. KU might be ready to abandon ship. When the whole Texahoma to the PAC deal was happening, the leftovers were looking at landing spots in the Big East. Mizzou took the life raft. KU might finally be ready to.
05-20-2017 12:18 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-20-2017 12:18 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  

Enjoy!!!

Hater. 01-lauramac2

05-stirthepot

1. PAC Networks need viewers to be profitable. I'm still not seeing a solution there.

2. KU might be ready to abandon ship. When the whole Texahoma to the PAC deal was happening, the leftovers were looking at landing spots in the Big East. Mizzou took the life raft. KU might finally be ready to.

I think that is why the are assuring the Big 10 they would come without OU. They have to have a bird in the hand before they consider options. I think they would be in play anywhere.

That's why I said if the PAC were to be willing to settle for a piece of the Texas market with Texas Tech and T.C.U. it opens up more interesting options: Texas, OU, OSU, KU.
05-20-2017 12:29 PM
Underdog Offline
All American

I Root For: The American

Enjoy!!!

Hater. 01-lauramac2

05-stirthepot

The solution is Texas with little brothers…. The PACN needs a Lone Star Division composed of: Texas, TT, TCU, and Houston/Rice—I think Rice gets the nod for academic reasons. Consequently, the aforementioned four (which includes Rice) would likely get PAC 12 approval. Moreover, Rice is no threat (on the field, court, etc.) to the other Texas schools (unlike Houston). Thus, Texas, TT, and TCU would each have a 33 percent chance to win the PAC 16 Lone Star Division in football. Furthermore, this format guarantees that a Texas school plays in a PAC 16 semifinal game each season and has a chance to play for a national championship. I also think that all of the California schools would be placed in the same division.
05-21-2017 08:34 PM
Advertisement

murrdcu Offline
1st String

(05-21-2017 08:34 PM)Underdog Wrote:  

Enjoy!!!

Hater. 01-lauramac2

05-stirthepot

The solution is Texas with little brothers…. The PACN needs a Lone Star Division composed of: Texas, TT, TCU, and Houston/Rice—I think Rice gets the nod for academic reasons. Consequently, the aforementioned four (which includes Rice) would likely get PAC 12 approval. Moreover, Rice is no threat (on the field, court, etc.) to the other Texas schools (unlike Houston). Thus, Texas, TT, and TCU would each have a 33 percent chance to win the PAC 16 Lone Star Division in football. Furthermore, this format guarantees that a Texas school plays in a PAC 16 semifinal game each season and has a chance to play for a national championship. I also think that all of the California schools would be placed in the same division.

I live in Houston. So very hard to find signs of Rice in this city. Plenty of UT, A&M and UofH.

Texas might be better off rebuilding the B12 after deflections.

Let's say OU and OSU go SEC, KU to B1G. (I don't think WVU has the votes in the ACC). There's two ways to rebuild the TV contract: add the best football programs available or remain at 7 members but add high profile Ooc P5 games to supplement the quality and content.
05-21-2017 08:57 PM
Underdog Offline
All American

(05-21-2017 08:57 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 09:11 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  Hater. 01-lauramac2

05-stirthepot

I live in Houston. So very hard to find signs of Rice in this city. Plenty of UT, A&M and UofH.

Let's say OU and OSU go SEC, KU to B1G. (I don't think WVU has the votes in the ACC). There's two ways to rebuild the TV contract: add the best football programs available or remain at 7 members but add high profile Ooc P5 games to supplement the quality and content.

Houston would be my pick…but we’re discussing a conference that turned down OU and OSU!
05-21-2017 09:02 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

(05-21-2017 09:02 PM)Underdog Wrote:  
(05-19-2017 09:44 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Let's make two assumptions here:

Houston would be my pick…but we’re discussing a conference that turned down OU and OSU!

All due to reduced access to California schools.
05-21-2017 09:09 PM
Underdog Offline
All American

(05-21-2017 09:09 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  
(05-21-2017 09:02 PM)Underdog Wrote:  
(05-20-2017 12:18 PM)murrdcu Wrote:  1. PAC Networks need viewers to be profitable. I'm still not seeing a solution there.

All due to reduced access to California schools.

I have to disagree with you…. Scott specifically told OU to bring Texas and the LHN. Texas refused to give up control of the LHN. So technically, the PAC 12 also turned down Texas:

“But it appears the ‘deal’ fell through before either president could take any sort of action, as Scott and Texas reportedly could not come to an agreement on how to pursue the Longhorn Network.”

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...c-12-snub/

“Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Saturday the conference isn't seeking expansion partners, but acknowledged that ‘schools have reached out to us.’"

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story...ource-says
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2017 10:18 PM by Underdog.)
05-21-2017 09:34 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
Some of these PAC schools are very sensitive about being cutoff from CA. I think their talent pools are so shallow in most of those states that they just can't get by without playing in CA. Having the opportunity to play in TX should alleviate some of that. I assume the PAC would rather go to 16 so that there's some equal distribution between playing in TX and CA.

Let's say...

SEC adds Oklahoma and Oklahoma State

PAC adds Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, and Houston

B1G adds Kansas and UConn

ACC adds Notre Dame and West Virginia

That's 7.
05-21-2017 09:45 PM
Advertisement

Underdog Offline
All American

(05-21-2017 09:45 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  Some of these PAC schools are very sensitive about being cutoff from CA. I think their talent pools are so shallow in most of those states that they just can't get by without playing in CA. Having the opportunity to play in TX should alleviate some of that. I assume the PAC would rather go to 16 so that there's some equal distribution between playing in TX and CA.

Let's say...

SEC adds Oklahoma and Oklahoma State

PAC adds Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, and Houston

B1G adds Kansas and UConn

ACC adds Notre Dame and West Virginia

That's 7.

You could be right. However, the original PAC 10 plan was expanding to 16.
05-21-2017 10:20 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

Good to see you UnderDog.

Here are the issues as I see them:

First What is Best for College Football:

It might be argued that if the PAC removed the top brands that would make either the SEC or Big 10 uncatchable in revenue that it would benefit the PAC and the ACC and would help to balance the imbalance that is currently threatening to drive us to two very large leagues called the Big 10 and SEC. The most attractive package for the Big 12 members and the PAC might be Iowa State, Kansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas Tech.

That move to 18 with 3 regional divisions of six would simplify the whole transaction. The two current PAC divisions would not change, a new one would just appear and it would keep a 2/3rds of their schedule within reasonable travel distance for their fans.

The SEC would stand pat. The Big 10 would stand pat. and the ACC would expand with West Virginia and Notre Dame. West Virginia to have enough votes to disband the Big 12 and Notre Dame because in a P4 where the champs go to the finals Notre Dame has to choose between independence and having a shot at the National Championship.

Or, we conduct this the old fashioned way: What is Best for My Conference?

If the Big 10 lands OU and Texas they catch up with the SEC and maybe pass us by a little bit. The pair should be worth about 5 million more per conference member in annual payouts.

If the SEC lands them nobody ever catches us period. The difference between the SEC's revenue and that of the ACC would exceed the doubling it now has even with their network and eventually that difference would create the grounds for a merger of anywhere from 4 to 6, or maybe even a few more of their schools. We are talking past 2034.

I think this is one reason Slive said the conferences could get very very large.

So some kind of track for the future of college sports will be chosen in 2 - 6 years and the consequences of those choices will either result in an unequal but sustainable separation of 4 conferences, or will lead to the formation of leagues using the Big 10 and SEC as their cores.

Anyway that's how I see it.
05-21-2017 10:28 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(05-21-2017 10:28 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Good to see you UnderDog.

It might be argued that if the PAC removed the top brands that would make either the SEC or Big 10 uncatchable in revenue that it would benefit the PAC and the ACC and would help to balance the imbalance that is currently threatening to drive us to two very large leagues called the Big 10 and SEC. The most attractive package for the Big 12 members and the PAC might be Iowa State, Kansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas Tech.

That move to 18 with 3 regional divisions of six would simplify the whole transaction. The two current PAC divisions would not change, a new one would just appear and it would keep a 2/3rds of their schedule within reasonable travel distance for their fans.

The SEC would stand pat. The Big 10 would stand pat. and the ACC would expand with West Virginia and Notre Dame. West Virginia to have enough votes to disband the Big 12 and Notre Dame because in a P4 where the champs go to the finals Notre Dame has to choose between independence and having a shot at the National Championship.

If the Big 10 lands OU and Texas they catch up with the SEC and maybe pass us by a little bit. The pair should be worth about 5 million more per conference member in annual payouts.

If the SEC lands them nobody ever catches us period. The difference between the SEC's revenue and that of the ACC would exceed the doubling it now has even with their network and eventually that difference would create the grounds for a merger of anywhere from 4 to 6, or maybe even a few more of their schools. We are talking past 2034.

I think this is one reason Slive said the conferences could get very very large.

So some kind of track for the future of college sports will be chosen in 2 - 6 years and the consequences of those choices will either result in an unequal but sustainable separation of 4 conferences, or will lead to the formation of leagues using the Big 10 and SEC as their cores.

JR, I think you would find that if the PAC took 6 it would be the perfect time for the other three to move to 15 to alleviate scheduling problems and be able to move to 3 pods like the PAC. That way all 4 conferences would operate with the same type of divisions....the PAC would have divisions of 6 while the ACC, SEC and B1G would have divisions with 5 teams.
SEC=West Virginia (northern pod: Missouri, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Kentucky and West Virginia)
B1G=UConn (UConn, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State and Michigan State)
ACC=Notre Dame (BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Notre Dame and Louisville).

By having three divisions in each conference the internal conference playoff structure would be the same.
Champions only playoff.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017 07:16 AM by XLance.)
05-22-2017 07:15 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Fluge: 5/19 BTM dinner tweets
(05-22-2017 07:15 AM)XLance Wrote:  
(05-21-2017 10:28 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Good to see you UnderDog.

JR, I think you would find that if the PAC took 6 it would be the perfect time for the other three to move to 15 to alleviate scheduling problems and be able to move to 3 pods like the PAC. That way all 4 conferences would operate with the same type of divisions....the PAC would have divisions of 6 while the ACC, SEC and B1G would have divisions with 5 teams.
SEC=West Virginia (northern pod: Missouri, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Kentucky and West Virginia)
B1G=UConn (UConn, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State and Michigan State)
ACC=Notre Dame (BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Notre Dame and Louisville).

By having three divisions in each conference the internal conference playoff structure would be the same.
Champions only playoff.

Those are all possibilities but I would prefer something like this:

PAC: Iowa State, Kansas State (Houston?), Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas Tech. 3x6

SEC: TCU & WV. 4x4

B1G: Kansas & UCONN. 4x4

ACC: ND & Cincinnati. 4x4

Expanded conference tournaments & protected rivalries. Only Baylor & maybe K State are left out.
05-22-2017 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.