Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Obamacare Death Spiral - Goodbye Aetna
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
The Obamacare Death Spiral - Goodbye Aetna
Aetna to Completely Pull Out of ObamaCare Exchanges by 2018

“Our individual Commercial products lost nearly $700 million between 2014 and 2016, and are projected to lose more than $200 million in 2017 despite a significant reduction in membership. Those losses are the result of marketplace structural issues that have led to co-op failures and carrier exits, and subsequent risk pool deterioration,” the company said Wednesday.

In other words, Obamacare wasnt sustainable or profitable, even when the fix was in.

BUT JIMMY KIMMELLS BABY!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/...-2018.html

[Image: 1494454976006.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2017 07:48 PM by UofMstateU.)
05-10-2017 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
RE: The Obamacare Death Spiral - Goodbye Aetna
Obamacare is working exactly as designed.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
05-10-2017 08:09 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-10-2017 08:09 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  Obamacare is working exactly as designed.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app

Yep.
05-10-2017 08:10 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Americans simply can't handle the truth that healthcare is finite and must be rationed like any other good or service. If it is not rationed through prices set by the marketplace, it will be rationed through rules set by the bureaucracy. At some point, one or the other is going to say no, and that's one word that nobody in politics is ever allowed to say.
05-10-2017 09:06 PM
LeFlâneur Offline
Banned

I Root For: USC
I read that in several states, premiums will be increasing by 20%.
05-10-2017 09:21 PM
Advertisement

Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
05-10-2017 09:28 PM
Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
people die...it's the irony of life...

fluency and fluidity in business allows more to live in today's age....

take that away, and we go back to slaughtering....

oh wellzy....
05-10-2017 09:33 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
I wonder how many of those die hard supporters of Barrycare just completely ignore these events?
05-11-2017 12:05 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Aetna = one of the worst health insurance in the country that got sued a lot. They lost money because they have been taken to court, and had to settle cases for states. You can't blame Obamacare for how they handle claims in several states where they get sued by the state, doctors, hospitals and consumers.
05-11-2017 12:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Oh for chrissakes.
05-11-2017 07:07 AM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
What's that up to???? 5, 6, 7 major providers who have pulled out?
05-11-2017 07:55 AM
LeFlâneur Offline
Banned

I Root For: USC
(05-11-2017 12:23 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  Aetna = one of the worst health insurance in the country that got sued a lot. They lost money because they have been taken to court, and had to settle cases for states. You can't blame Obamacare for how they handle claims in several states where they get sued by the state, doctors, hospitals and consumers.

If I wanted to take the time, I am quite confidant that I could get Aetna's financial statements and prove your assertion is total BS. But it would take more time than I want to spend, so I'll settle for calling your post BS.

Oh yeah, and in a rating of the Top 10 health insurers, Aetna ranks fourth (Ranking ). Even J D Powers ranks Aetna "above average." (Link 2 )
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2017 08:10 AM by LeFlâneur.)
05-11-2017 08:02 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(05-11-2017 12:23 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  Aetna = one of the worst health insurance in the country that got sued a lot. They lost money because they have been taken to court, and had to settle cases for states. You can't blame Obamacare for how they handle claims in several states where they get sued by the state, doctors, hospitals and consumers.

Funny that they are not getting out of the business where they may have been getting sued. They are just dropping Obamacare and getting out of the exchanges. So your statement is complete dogshit.

In summary, it is because of Obamacare.

Just to be clear, they are still writing business where they may get sued. They are just not writing Obamacare business.

In case you still dont understand, they are still writing health insurance business where they get sued. They just arent writing Obamacare exchange business because that business was crap.

In conclusion, Aetna isnt having financial problems because they are getting sued. They have financial problems because they were writing Obamacare policies.
05-11-2017 08:26 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(05-10-2017 07:46 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Aetna to Completely Pull Out of ObamaCare Exchanges by 2018

“Our individual Commercial products lost nearly $700 million between 2014 and 2016, and are projected to lose more than $200 million in 2017 despite a significant reduction in membership. Those losses are the result of marketplace structural issues that have led to co-op failures and carrier exits, and subsequent risk pool deterioration,” the company said Wednesday.

In other words, Obamacare wasnt sustainable or profitable, even when the fix was in.

BUT JIMMY KIMMELLS BABY!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/...-2018.html

[Image: 1494454976006.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

It was designed to fail, it was a setup for single payer all along.
05-11-2017 09:42 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

Drink that koolioaide!
05-11-2017 09:45 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

Link
05-11-2017 10:05 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-11-2017 08:26 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Funny that they are not getting out of the business where they may have been getting sued. They are just dropping Obamacare and getting out of the exchanges. So your statement is complete dogshit.

In summary, it is because of Obamacare.

Just to be clear, they are still writing business where they may get sued. They are just not writing Obamacare business.

In case you still dont understand, they are still writing health insurance business where they get sued. They just arent writing Obamacare exchange business because that business was crap.

In conclusion, Aetna isnt having financial problems because they are getting sued. They have financial problems because they were writing Obamacare policies.

He spouts all his garbage and never provides a link to verify his propaganda.
05-11-2017 10:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.