Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2017 Easiest FBS Schedules and returning players
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
2017 Easiest FBS Schedules and returning players
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 07:54 PM by msm96wolf.)
05-09-2017 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chappy Online
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
RE: 2017 Easiest FBS Schedules
It's actually CFB teams with the easiest schedules AND most returning starters...
05-09-2017 01:56 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(05-09-2017 01:56 PM)Chappy Wrote:  It's actually CFB teams with the easiest schedules AND most returning starters...

That's right.

The list of each team's returning starters is really interesting by itself. A few examples:

Michigan - They have only 5 returning starters (out of 22) from last season, compared to Ohio State having 15 starters back from a playoff team. So anyone placing bets might want to avoid drinking too much of the Harbaugh Kool-Aid before this season.

Michigan State - An ESPN writer picked them yesterday as the Big Ten team most likely to bounce back in 2017, but they have only 9 returning starters. The freshmen and last year's reserves will have to be really good for Sparty to have a big turnaround.

Nebraska - 10 returning starters, so more holes to fill than Wisconsin and Iowa, who each have 15.

Boise State - Only 9 returning starters. They'll need help from newcomers if they're going to be MWC contenders this season.

Oregon - If you believe in their new coaching staff, then the Ducks might be a good pick to bounce back to 8 or so wins this year; they have 17 returning starters.
05-09-2017 02:32 PM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
I get the feeling the schedule rankings are based solely on last year's oppenents win-loss records.

How else can you explain Oklahoma and other P5 teams making this list?

Oklahoma has to play a 9-game P5 conference schedule and play at Ohio St. I am sorry, there must be dozens of G5 teams with easier schedules. Even this article lists Oklahoma as #86 hardest schedule , which is only the 42nd worst schedule in FBS using their own method.

Yeah, yeah the article is also looking at returning starters, but the thread title suggested this was going to be a a list of the easiest schedules, which the article does not do. The OP should apologize to everybody who clicked on this thread. What a waste of time.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 02:53 PM by goofus.)
05-09-2017 02:52 PM
Advertisement

msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
My apologies, just posted what I thought was an interesting article. I will try to update title to reflect.
05-09-2017 07:54 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
RE: 2017 Easiest FBS Schedules and returning players
Marshall, UC, and Notre Dame will probably bounce back a bit so Miami won't have as weak of a schedule this year, but it could still be a very special year for us. We're actually a year ahead in our rebuild, this was supposed to be our return to form season but we barely eked out a bowl last year.
05-10-2017 07:35 AM
Chappy Online
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
RE: 2017 Easiest FBS Schedules and returning players
(05-09-2017 07:54 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  My apologies, just posted what I thought was an interesting article. I will try to update title to reflect.

No worries, it was still interesting... just not what I expected from the title. 03-wink
05-10-2017 07:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.