Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kimmel retorts back after triggered Cons whine about his speech on healthcare
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
Kimmel retorts back after triggered Cons whine about his speech on healthcare

Starts at 1:50.

Quote:"I cannot count the number of times I've been called an out of touch Hollywood elitist creep this we... which I have to say, I kind of appreciate because when I was a kid we had like, we had to drink the powdered milk because we couldn't afford the liqu..., our orange juice came frozen out of a can, it would squeeze out..., my father on the rare occasion we took a family trip, would hide the dog in the back of the car and then smuggle it into our motel room, to avoid paying the $2 pet fee. Actually my dream was to become an out of touch Hollywood elitist, and I guess it came true.

And I would like to apologize for saying that children should have healthcare, it was insensitive. It was offensive and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."
05-09-2017 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Kimmel retorts back after triggered Cons whine about his speech on healthcare
Just another guy who touts Obamacare, who probably has a policy that is exempted or grandfathered that noone else can get.
05-09-2017 11:00 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
RE: Kimmel retorts back after triggered Cons whine about his speech on healthcare
(05-09-2017 10:48 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  

Starts at 1:50.

Quote:"I cannot count the number of times I've been called an out of touch Hollywood elitist creep this we... which I have to say, I kind of appreciate because when I was a kid we had like, we had to drink the powdered milk because we couldn't afford the liqu..., our orange juice came frozen out of a can, it would squeeze out..., my father on the rare occasion we took a family trip, would hide the dog in the back of the car and then smuggle it into our motel room, to avoid paying the $2 pet fee. Actually my dream was to become an out of touch Hollywood elitist, and I guess it came true.

And I would like to apologize for saying that children should have healthcare, it was insensitive. It was offensive and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

[Image: 65661430.jpg]
05-09-2017 11:03 AM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
Honestly I think any response to his speech last week was wasted air.... (1) The guy was talking from a genuine place, (2) going after him just makes you look mean..
05-09-2017 11:05 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(05-09-2017 11:05 AM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  Honestly I think any response to his speech last week was wasted air.... (1) The guy was talking from a genuine place, (2) going after him just makes you look mean..

04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow

I commend you for saying that. That took guts.
05-09-2017 11:06 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(05-09-2017 11:05 AM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  Honestly I think any response to his speech last week was wasted air.... (1) The guy was talking from a genuine place, (2) going after him just makes you look mean..

yea, it used to be called manners
05-09-2017 11:06 AM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
So in other words, he can dish out to Trump, but he can't take it when it comes back to him. I agree it is a sensitive subject and probably would have been better to not criticize him, but he had no reason to throw politics into what he said that night.
05-09-2017 11:08 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(05-09-2017 11:08 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  So in other words, he can dish out to Trump, but he can't take it when it comes back to him. I agree it is a sensitive subject and probably would have been better to not criticize him, but he had no reason to throw politics into what he said that night.

Why do you hate the 1st amendment?
05-09-2017 11:09 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(05-09-2017 11:08 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  So in other words, he can dish out to Trump, but he can't take it when it comes back to him. I agree it is a sensitive subject and probably would have been better to not criticize him, but he had no reason to throw politics into what he said that night.

who said he can't take it? He just responded back.
05-09-2017 11:11 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

Well, there's this.
05-09-2017 11:12 AM
JerryJeff Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-09-2017 11:06 AM)fsquid Wrote:  

yea, it used to be called manners

I miss those days...
05-09-2017 11:13 AM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(05-09-2017 11:06 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow

I commend you for saying that. That took guts.

Well, I'd hate to break up this connection we're forming... But it's duplicitous as frack to say people don't want kids to have insurance just because someone does not want the federal government to do it....

But when someone is being emotional about their kid or a loved one, it's not the time to score points.
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
OFA Protesters Laugh As Republican Tells Story Of Wife’s Fight With Cancer

I am sure the MSM will be all over this...

Evil people. Notice how there are no GOP fake protesters stalking Democrats at their town halls, if they bother to have them.

Quote:Organizing for Action activists gathered outside the Illinois office of Republican Rep. Rodney Davis laughed at the congressman as he attempted to tell the story about his wife’s fight with cancer.

Davis attempted to tell the protesters, who stood outside his office with signs protesting his vote for the American Health Care Act, about his experience with the health care system back when his wife was diagnosed with colon cancer, but from the beginning he was interrupted and laughed at by the group.

After being told by a woman about how great her experience with the health care system was in Canada, Davis wanted to explain his experience dealing with the Canadian health care system. Just as Davis started his story about his wife, he stopped once he heard groans from somebody in the crowd.

“Did I just hear an ‘ugh’?” Davis said. “Wow. Did I just hear an ‘ugh’ as I’m about to talk about somebody who had cancer? That’s offensive.”

http://freebeacon.com/politics/ofa-prote...ht-cancer/
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I think you could have logically attacked his argument without personally attacking him. If you take aim at his argument, and only his argument, you can cut it down while not handing him more power as the victim.
05-09-2017 11:17 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Kimmel says he wants to leave it the way it is, but the way it is doesn't pass his own test of being affordable for everyone.
05-09-2017 11:18 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis

No, he used a genuine personal tragic event to tout Obamacare. He should be called out for it, as he probably doesnt have "Obamacare". At least, he probably has a policy that isnt available to people on the Obamacare exchanges. And if we keep Obamacare, those babies in the future wouldnt have access to the same care as his child received. They would die before they could have the procedure done. THAT is Obamacare.

DawgitAll was the same way. He touted how well Obamacare was working for him and his family. But he didnt have Obamacare. He had a grandfathered policy. Thats the same policy that was available PRIOR to Obamacare. If he actually had an Obamacare policy, he would see how terrible it would have been for him and his family.

Kimmell is lucky, because he is a 1% who can afford the treatment even if he had an Obamacare policy. Most of the rest of us had that same access to healthcare prior to Obamacare. Now we dont.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 11:19 AM by UofMstateU.)
05-09-2017 11:18 AM
Advertisement

UofMTigerTim Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I understand the situation he is going through but why did he not just keep it to himself and his family?

By commenting on his son and the health care system he tried to make a political statement and therefore opened himself up to comment.
05-09-2017 11:19 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I wish that Kimmel would keep his opinion to himself on the issue and do what he does, tell jokes.

Do I want him to sit down and shut up? Not necessarily but why does everything have to be political all the time? Why can't he make statements on his own time instead of during the show?
05-09-2017 11:20 AM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(05-09-2017 11:18 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

No, he used a genuine personal tragic event to tout Obamacare. He should be called out for it, as he probably doesnt have "Obamacare".

Attacking the man, and not the argument, does no good and considerable harm.

Quote:Thats the same policy that was available PRIOR to Obamacare. If he actually had an Obamacare policy, he would see how terrible it would have been for him and his family.

Now rather than waste print calling him an out out touch piece of crap, post those facts. And I would add, despite our disagreement we are happy that it looks like Kimmel's son will have a positive outcome.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 11:31 AM by Bull_Is_Back.)
05-09-2017 11:21 AM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(05-09-2017 10:48 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  
Quote:"It was offensive and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

[Image: ElvQm0.gif?fit=600%2C338&ssl=1]

I don't want to pay for your health care via higher taxes ...

READ MY LIPS
05-09-2017 11:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.