Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Fans
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
AAC Fans
A lot has happened over the past few days. There are fewer of you currently active now than there were a few days ago. I believe most of them will be back after awhile. This may turn out to be a good thing. Some of those guys lost their way and felt the need to troll for attention. Trolling is never the right approach to get attention. Continuing to act out in negative ways with no thought to how you are interacting with others is unhealthy. This time can be spent by those in time out to reflect on where they are at in life and to truly grow from honest introspection. Good luck guys, and I hope when you get back that your time here is put to more constructive efforts.

You're welcome

Miko33
05-08-2017 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

templefootballfan Online
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
RE: AAC Fans
what is trolling or being a troll [serious ?]
05-08-2017 03:19 PM
miko33 Offline

This is an example of trolling. Just mean spirited and meant to make other feel bad about themselves and/or to anger someone intentionally.
http://csnbbs.com/thread-817232.html
05-08-2017 03:21 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(05-08-2017 03:19 PM)templefootballfan Wrote:  what is trolling or being a troll [serious ?]

It's actually a fishing term. While a boat is moving if you put out a baited line the drift, or speed of the boat if it has an engine, drags the bait through the water and you attract fish through the motion. When one bites you reel it in, gaff it, and toss it on in the ice chest. Adapted to the internet it means that you bait somebody into believing complete B.S. like the OP is want to do, or in the case of a mean spirited troll you taunt someone into an exchange where you demean them or try to intimidate them out of a position. Hence it is a troll, or you are trolling. However in our world where so many have limited variety in life experiences and the corresponding vernacular the word becomes associated what they know that sounds like the word which is the mythical creature familiar to Tolkien readers, or those who grew up on Fairy Tales. But most miss the horror associated with the image by instead thinking of Shrek and so the troll becomes a cute and funny goodhearted cartoon.

But in an odd way they all kind of fit. There is the one fishing for someone foolish enough to take their bait, vicious enough to attack and try to destroy another's spirit, and stupid enough to become a caricature themselves.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 03:35 PM by JRsec.)
05-08-2017 03:33 PM
Advertisement

miko33 Offline

(05-08-2017 03:33 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 03:19 PM)templefootballfan Wrote:  what is trolling or being a troll [serious ?]

It's actually a fishing term. While a boat is moving if you put out a baited line the drift, or speed of the boat if it has an engine, drags the bait through the water and you attract fish through the motion. When one bites you reel it in, gaff it, and toss it on in the ice chest. Adapted to the internet it means that you bait somebody into believing complete B.S. like the OP is want to do, or in the case of a mean spirited troll you taunt someone into an exchange where you demean them or try to intimidate them out of a position. Hence it is a troll, or you are trolling. However in our world where so many have limited variety in life experiences and the corresponding vernacular the word becomes associated what they know that sounds like the word which is the mythical creature familiar to Tolkien readers, or those who grew up on Fairy Tales. But most miss the horror associated with the image by instead thinking of Shrek and so the troll becomes a cute and funny goodhearted cartoon.

But in an odd way they all kind of fit. There is the one fishing for someone foolish enough to take their bait, vicious enough to attack and try to destroy another's spirit, and stupid enough to become a caricature themselves.

From what I've discovered when I researched internet trolls, there is a diversity of styles and objectives among these people. You cannot stereotype internet trolls because not all trolls are alike.
05-08-2017 09:12 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-08-2017 09:12 PM)miko33 Wrote:  

From what I've discovered when I researched internet trolls, there is a diversity of styles and objectives among these people. You cannot stereotype internet trolls because not all trolls are alike.

They may not be alike in approach, but they are all alike in the result.

THEY GET BANNED!
05-08-2017 09:22 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
Go fish Miko. Oh, and don't forget to shoot a hole in the bottom of your boat.
05-08-2017 09:29 PM
Advertisement

miko33 Offline

(05-08-2017 09:22 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 09:12 PM)miko33 Wrote:  

They may not be alike in approach, but they are all alike in the result.

THEY GET BANNED!

Hammer to Troll6 - Checkmate!

Seems like the mods headed off pandemonium at the pass. All quiet in the forums again.
05-08-2017 09:29 PM
miko33 Offline

(05-08-2017 09:29 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  Go fish Miko. Oh, and don't forget to shoot a hole in the bottom of your boat.

Nah, not me man. I don't post with the intent to stir up the forums. Not my style. I'm here for the stimulating conversation.
05-08-2017 09:34 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-08-2017 09:34 PM)miko33 Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 09:29 PM)Knightsweat Wrote:  Go fish Miko. Oh, and don't forget to shoot a hole in the bottom of your boat.

Nah, not me man. I don't post with the intent to stir up the forums. Not my style. I'm here for the stimulating conversation.

The difference between a humorist and a troll is in the intent. Satire is an art. Destruction the act of a barbarian. The intent is judged by the entertained and the afflicted.
05-08-2017 09:38 PM
Advertisement

texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange

Fishing! You mentioned fishing. I used to love to fish on Lake Ontario and in the Finger Lakes and on the Genesee River. Someday JR we're going to have to do a Gulf of Mexico fishing trip, but there has to be a return trip back home!
05-08-2017 09:54 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(05-08-2017 09:54 PM)texasorange Wrote:  

Fishing! You mentioned fishing. I used to love to fish on Lake Ontario and in the Finger Lakes and on the Genesee River. Someday JR we're going to have to do a Gulf of Mexico fishing trip, but there has to be a return trip back home!

I've fished the Gulf. Before limits were imposed on boats, I caught over a 120 lbs of Kings in one afternoon. The best part was it was all in just 5 fish. I caught other species too that day. But the memory is all around those big beautiful Mackerels. It wasn't my only trip into Gulf waters but it was the most memorable one.

I've enjoyed fishing the Gulf Stream as well. It's truly a Zen experience on a beautiful day and a white knuckler when the skies turn suddenly dark and the swells get up. Either way it is exhilarating. And since I still have my memory a return trip back home would be in order.

And trolling would be in order!
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 10:12 PM by JRsec.)
05-08-2017 10:10 PM
texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange
(05-08-2017 10:10 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 09:54 PM)texasorange Wrote:  

I've fished the Gulf. Before limits were imposed on boats, I caught over a 120 lbs of Kings in one afternoon. The best part was it was all in just 5 fish. I caught other species too that day. But the memory is all around those big beautiful Mackerels. It wasn't my only trip into Gulf waters but it was the most memorable one.

I've enjoyed fishing the Gulf Stream as well. It's truly a Zen experience on a beautiful day and a white knuckler when the skies turn suddenly dark and the swells get up. Either way it is exhilarating. And since I still have my memory a return trip back home would be in order.

And trolling would be in order!

Agreed! Trolling is in order!! (and a few craft beers)...?
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 11:22 PM by texasorange.)
05-08-2017 11:21 PM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
Methinks someone is taking themselves waaaaaayyyyyy too seriously.

Was that trolling? Sorry, if so.
05-09-2017 11:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.