Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DeWayne's Joruney to the NBA
Bookmark and Share
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lopes
MyBB DeWayne's Joruney to the NBA
DeWayne had a work out today with the Lakers. As much as I hate the Lakers, I wouldn't mind seeing him stay in purple. I can't wait to see who he ends up working out for next. Also, I would say that this is much different than the workout that Grandy had with the 76ers last year because Colangelo is running the 76ers, so it might have been just a favor.
05-05-2017 12:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
RE: DeWayne's Joruney to the NBA
Any workout, favor or not, is good for these kids. Life is about relationships. Work is about relationships. Equal parts what you know & who you know. As a program, GCU does not have a status/profile/reputation for producing solid professionals that will open doors for kids (yet).

That said, you won't convince me there is another program in the country with stronger relationships throughout the many levels of professional basketball locally, nationally, & around the world. You know it has to be part of the recruiting pitch to every kid who has dreams of playing professionally (i.e. every kid).

As it relates to DeWayne, I hope he gets the invite from 76ers again, too. Just don't do him dirty like they did Grandy by snagging him in the D League draft, only to cut him 3 days into training camp. If it's not an opportunity stateside, DeWayne ballin in Spain has a nice ring to it.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2017 04:44 AM by gleadley.)
05-05-2017 04:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.