Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

All these players that transferred were going to last year; the program is dead
Bookmark and Share
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
MyBB All these players that transferred were going to last year; the program is dead
They all hung around in the hopes of tubby catering to the Lawson family. They were all going to leave if Opie was still around. Opie trashed this program to the ground and this is just as much on him as it is Tubby. He is cleaning up the mess that Opie left him. He walked into an extremely unfair situation, having to cater to a diva daddy that was riding the coattails of his average basketball player sons. And once that diva of a father realized that he was not going to be catered to he has now up and taken his sons with him. And as a result of all of the other players are now leaving because they want to be on a competitive team. Unfortunately Tubby is too old to be around long enough to see this rebuild through. The tearing down of our program that was begun by a narcissistic John Calipari, buried by Opie and now the administration has put the nails in the coffin with the hiring of a washed up average coach. Memphis basketball, it was a good 50 to 60 year run where you had a lot of woulda coulda shouldas and just as much disappointment as celebrations with now so many regrets for tiger fans to always look back and wonder what would've been what could've been and what might've been. Memphis Tiger basketball as we all once hoped it would be is no more.
04-11-2017 10:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: All these players that transferred were going to last year; the program is dead
(04-11-2017 10:04 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  They all hung around in the hopes of tubby catering to the Lawson family. They were all going to leave if Opie was still around. Opie trashed this program to the ground and this is just as much on him as it is Tubby. He is cleaning up the mess that Opie left him. He walked into an extremely unfair situation, having to cater to a diva daddy that was riding the coattails of his average basketball player sons. And once that diva of a father realized that he was not going to be catered to he has now up and taken his sons with him. And as a result of all of the other players are now leaving because they want to be on a competitive team. Unfortunately Tubby is too old to be around long enough to see this rebuild through. The tearing down of our program that was begun by a narcissistic John Calipari, buried by Opie and now the administration has put the nails in the coffin with the hiring of a washed up average coach. Memphis basketball, it was a good 50 to 60 year run where you had a lot of woulda coulda shouldas and just as much disappointment as celebrations with now so many regrets for tiger fans to always look back and wonder what would've been what could've been and what might've been. Memphis Tiger basketball as we all once hoped it would be is no more.

I think your history is spot on.

I don't think we are dead yet. I lived in Vegas for five years. UNLV is dead. We aren't there - yet.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2017 10:35 PM by Claw.)
04-11-2017 10:35 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

RE: All these players that transferred were going to last year; the program is dead
(04-11-2017 10:35 PM)Claw Wrote:  
(04-11-2017 10:04 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  They all hung around in the hopes of tubby catering to the Lawson family. They were all going to leave if Opie was still around. Opie trashed this program to the ground and this is just as much on him as it is Tubby. He is cleaning up the mess that Opie left him. He walked into an extremely unfair situation, having to cater to a diva daddy that was riding the coattails of his average basketball player sons. And once that diva of a father realized that he was not going to be catered to he has now up and taken his sons with him. And as a result of all of the other players are now leaving because they want to be on a competitive team. Unfortunately Tubby is too old to be around long enough to see this rebuild through. The tearing down of our program that was begun by a narcissistic John Calipari, buried by Opie and now the administration has put the nails in the coffin with the hiring of a washed up average coach. Memphis basketball, it was a good 50 to 60 year run where you had a lot of woulda coulda shouldas and just as much disappointment as celebrations with now so many regrets for tiger fans to always look back and wonder what would've been what could've been and what might've been. Memphis Tiger basketball as we all once hoped it would be is no more.

I don't think we are dead yet. I lived in Vegas for five years. UNLV is dead. We aren't there - yet.

Lol. Someone has yanked us off life support and we are taking our last gasps then.
04-12-2017 09:53 AM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS

That's where we're headed, amigo.

11-21 season or thereabouts.

Unless this staff miracles 2-3 high level grad transfers.
04-12-2017 09:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BuccTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis / ETSU
(04-12-2017 09:56 AM)HoopDreams Wrote:  

That's where we're headed, amigo.

11-21 season or thereabouts.

Unless this staff miracles 2-3 high level grad transfers.
Need some STARS, need players with STARS!
04-12-2017 09:59 AM
Smith Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
As long as they're not from Memphis
04-12-2017 10:01 AM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

(04-12-2017 10:01 AM)Smith Wrote:  As long as they're not from Memphis

Unfortunately I agree with this statement. Memphis handlers and parents meddle too much. They are culprits in this debacle as well. Even when Opie was here.
04-12-2017 10:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.