Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ridiculous: Paying passenger forced off plane in Chicago
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Ridiculous: Paying passenger forced off plane in Chicago
So a flight crew can have his seat. What have We come to?

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/new...100274374/
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2017 10:41 AM by 49RFootballNow.)
04-10-2017 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Ridiculous:Paying passenger forced off plane in Chicago
(04-10-2017 10:04 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  So a flight crew can have his seat. What have We come to?

The 4 United employees and the flight crew that allowed it should all be terminated immediately. Security appears to have been excessive. Don't know about your article, but another one said he was knocked out, bloodied and dragged out, but later allowed back on.

Clearly they've got some employees who have no business being in a customer service business. Here's guessing they were originally United employees and not Continental.
04-10-2017 10:10 AM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Lawyer up
04-10-2017 10:12 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

Yea, they are about to pay a sh*tload more than the lousy $400 they were offering.
04-10-2017 10:13 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
They should have chartered a small jet for the secondary flight crew, would have cost them less than the settlement they will pay that guy.
04-10-2017 10:19 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

(04-10-2017 10:10 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 10:04 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  So a flight crew can have his seat. What have We come to?

The 4 United employees and the flight crew that allowed it should all be terminated immediately. Security appears to have been excessive. Don't know about your article, but another one said he was knocked out, bloodied and dragged out, but later allowed back on.

Clearly they've got some employees who have no business being in a customer service business. Here's guessing they were originally United employees and not Continental.

And the passengers had to leave plane back to the terminal while a crew cleaned up his blood. Never heard of this happening before. Guessing connecting flights down the line with this one were also either delayed or these passengers missing their connected flights to other places from Louisville. Shameless tactic.
04-10-2017 10:29 AM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Gate agents range from your favorite grandma to Hitler-lite. You never know who's leading at the gate when you fly........
04-10-2017 10:33 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
It's a freaking 4 hour drive from Chicago to Louisville...maybe 4.5 hours. Why didn't the airline just book their employees a taxis when they knew the plane was full? They would have got there close to the same time considering the over 2 hour delay.
04-10-2017 10:34 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(04-10-2017 10:34 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  It's a freaking 4 hour drive from Chicago to Louisville...maybe 4.5 hours. Why didn't the airline just book their employees a taxis when they knew the plane was full? They would have got there close to the same time considering the over 2 hour delay.

Now you are coming up with rational solutions.

And if that was the case, why the hell the flight crew couldnt be loaded onto the airline's shuttle bus and driven to Louisville is even more stupid.
04-10-2017 10:39 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

(04-10-2017 10:34 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  It's a freaking 4 hour drive from Chicago to Louisville...maybe 4.5 hours. Why didn't the airline just book their employees a taxis when they knew the plane was full? They would have got there close to the same time considering the over 2 hour delay.

There are flights from Chicago to Louisville all day long with multiple airlines. These crews usually can fly on another carrier with no issue. Done all of the time through out the country.
04-10-2017 10:40 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

Reminds me of the time we had seats together with our two young kids. Don't remember which airline. When we got to the gate, they had changed our seats and split us up 3 ways.

Flight crew was sitting in our seats together. We managed to get nice people to switch with us so my 5 year old son wasn't sitting alone in the back of the plane. And the employee in our seat 2 rows forward never shut up the whole flight. She seemed nice enough but just never, ever, stopped talking.
04-10-2017 10:42 AM
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Buckle Up
04-10-2017 11:57 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
I read the passenger was a doctor. I don't see him going away quietly.
04-10-2017 12:00 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2017 12:00 PM)solohawks Wrote:  I read the passenger was a doctor. I don't see him going away quietly.

He is a doctor. He tried explaining he had to get to Chicago to see patients in the morning. Here is another article on the incident. He was forcibly removed from his seat by security and screamed in pain as his mouth was hit and bloodied as they pulled him out of the seat. I can't imagine any worse public relations for an airline, but United refuses to say they did anything wrong. They claim it was a case of overbooking. To hell with United. I wouldn't fly them if I had another choice of airlines.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/04/10...light.html
04-10-2017 01:00 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(04-10-2017 01:00 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(04-10-2017 12:00 PM)solohawks Wrote:  I read the passenger was a doctor. I don't see him going away quietly.

He is a doctor. He tried explaining he had to get to Chicago to see patients in the morning. Here is another article on the incident. He was forcibly removed from his seat by security and screamed in pain as his mouth was hit and bloodied as they pulled him out of the seat. I can't imagine any worse public relations for an airline, but United refuses to say they did anything wrong. They claim it was a case of overbooking. To hell with United. I wouldn't fly them if I had another choice of airlines.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/04/10...light.html

Its not really an overbooking problem. They seated the people and then tried to get them off to put 4 United employees on. And then they used excessive force. They prioritized their employees over passengers who were already seated.
04-10-2017 01:10 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

United CEO apologizes after video goes viral....

Quote:Videos of a United Airlines passenger being forcibly dragged from his seat on a Sunday overbooked flight at O'Hare International Airport have been viewed more than 1 million times, and the airline's CEO on Monday called the incident "an upsetting event to all of us here at United."

"I apologize for having to re-accommodate these customers. Our team is moving with a sense of urgency to work with the authorities and conduct our own detailed review of what happened," United CEO Oscar Munoz said in a statement Monday. Munoz said the airline is trying to reach the passenger to "further address and resolve this situation."

I doubt the passenger wants to talk to United, but I am sure his lawyer does.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/c...story.html
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 02:05 PM by usmbacker.)
04-10-2017 02:04 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Who was screaming? If the doctor is a he his screaming sounded like the screams of a she.
04-10-2017 02:14 PM
PlainTiger Offline
Never odd or even

United is a crap airline and has been for a long time. I was so sad when they bought Continental, which was a great airline.
04-10-2017 02:38 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(04-10-2017 02:04 PM)United CEO Wrote:  "I apologize for having to re-accommodate these customers. Our team is moving with a sense of urgency to work with the authorities and conduct our own detailed review of what happened,"

I hope that this situation resolves itself with a sincere face to face apology to the passenger.

Not I am "sorry to that you feel this way" type of apology, but a "Our United team did not handle this appropriately and we made many mistakes. Changes to the overbooking process will be made to ensure that a paying customer is never removed from a flight to accommodate United employees traveling on business need. Also, the gate agent has been put on assignment to Greenland"
04-10-2017 02:51 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Nothing like paying United prices for Allegiant service!

Ialways fly Southwest, it's not as cheap as it used to be but their service is great for what you're paying. You'd never see them do anything like this.
04-10-2017 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.