Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What an ugly game
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
What an ugly game
Refs didn't let them play. Jackson was awful. But, luckily the Heels pulled it out.
04-03-2017 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
RE: What an ugly game
(04-03-2017 10:44 PM)mjs Wrote:  Refs didn't let them play. Jackson was awful. But, luckily the Heels pulled it out.

Easily the worst officiating crew to ever work a Championship game! They allowed no flow and wanted to be the show. That is absolutely what you don't want.

I hope the NCAA takes notice, and at the very least, makes sure that crew never works another NCAA game again.
04-03-2017 10:50 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Yeah. The blown out-of-bounds call on the NC big guy was inexcusable.
04-04-2017 06:21 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-04-2017 06:21 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Yeah. The blown out-of-bounds call on the NC big guy was inexcusable.

I'd have to see it again. Obviously his hand was out of bounds while they were battling for the loose ball and no one had possession. By the time they called the jump ball I believe he had pulled his hand off the floor. So to me that was the correct call. Not sure what the rule would be on that. Maybe someone can clarify that.
04-04-2017 09:44 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(04-04-2017 09:44 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 06:21 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Yeah. The blown out-of-bounds call on the NC big guy was inexcusable.

I'd have to see it again. Obviously his hand was out of bounds while they were battling for the loose ball and no one had possession. By the time they called the jump ball I believe he had pulled his hand off the floor. So to me that was the correct call. Not sure what the rule would be on that. Maybe someone can clarify that.

Control doesn't matter, if the NC guy has his hand on the ball when he is out of bounds, it's out of bounds.

Also, the Flagrant foul on Gonzaga's big was a joke. Wasn't even close to intentional or excessive. More of the natural result of a 300 pound body falling to the earth.
04-04-2017 10:22 AM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-04-2017 10:22 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 09:44 AM)mjs Wrote:  

Control doesn't matter, if the NC guy has his hand on the ball when he is out of bounds, it's out of bounds.

Also, the Flagrant foul on Gonzaga's big was a joke. Wasn't even close to intentional or excessive. More of the natural result of a 300 pound body falling to the earth.

I actually thought that was clearly a flagrant. He pulled Berry's head back and nearly lifted him off the floor by his head/neck. No, it was not intentional, but it was grossly flagrant. Also, while it couldn't be reviewed, I believe Berry's steal was clean and he shouldn't have been called for a foul. Possible the refs tried to make up for that "mistake" by calling the flagrant on the big guy. Overall, the refs did destroy what should have been a great game to watch. Regardless, the best team won by ending the game on a 9-0 run, just like they ended on a 12-0 run against the gutterhogs.
04-04-2017 12:09 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
I was unhappy because today a lot of Hog fans think "but for the refs hosing us, we would have been national champs". Well I'm sure third time would have been the charm for them against Kentucky if they had been able to beat Butler. It was painful watching Butler UNC because that was an amazingly bad night of shooting by Butler.
04-04-2017 12:28 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-04-2017 12:28 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  I was unhappy because today a lot of Hog fans think "but for the refs hosing us, we would have been national champs". Well I'm sure third time would have been the charm for them against Kentucky if they had been able to beat Butler. It was painful watching Butler UNC because that was an amazingly bad night of shooting by Butler.

Right, Kentucky blew them out twice. It was obvious Joel Berry was hurt and completely ineffective against the pigs or it wouldn't have been close. That's fine, because now delusional pig fans believe Anderson "walks on water" and they are headed back to the Final 4 next season. Lots of luck on that.
04-04-2017 11:24 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
The Sausage Factory is driving the equivalent of a 1990 automobile. Its features were new and unique a few years back, but in the intervening years, others (e.g. Press Virginia and VCU/Texas) have come up with their own versions.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 07:13 AM by MICHAELSPAPPY.)
04-05-2017 07:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.