Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GCU
Bookmark and Share
FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU Aggies
GCU
I don't understand why people act like this school is some type of basketball powerhouse.

GCU hasn't accomplished anything yet, except bring down the conference overall RPI. GCU is garbage.
03-31-2017 09:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
RE: GCU
Okay? Not sure if serious?
03-31-2017 09:53 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
Yes, Coach.

That's it.

Let the confusion & anger sweep over you as you try to figure out why it is you can't escape GCU. Clinch your fists and grit your teeth as you watch Sportscenter highlights of last night's 3-point and dunk contest.

Feel your heart fill with rage as you again see images of DeWayne Russell and bouncing purple androids eating pineapple on the big screen your $50K/year job bought.

Why do they keep talking about GCU? How did we get here? Can't they see it's all so fake?

Maybe your expert analysis of "GCU is garbage" will convince them GCU isn't worth the time of day.

Maybe.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2017 12:52 PM by gleadley.)
03-31-2017 10:33 AM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
(03-31-2017 09:53 AM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  Okay? Not sure if serious?

Its personal. Go look at the 4th or 5th reply in the thread about our new HC
03-31-2017 10:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

1st String

I see Bakersfield and Utah Valley being the next great WAC programs, not garbage GCU.
03-31-2017 11:00 AM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
This is the kind of thread that may produce some good fodder for folks here to use as signatures. 07-coffee3

And no, i only wish I was at home drinking coffee. :)
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2017 11:26 AM by RunnerBall.)
03-31-2017 11:23 AM
1st String

(03-31-2017 11:23 AM)RunnerBall Wrote:  This is the kind of thread that may produce some good fodder for folks here to use as signatures. 07-coffee3

Ya'll need to start a heated rivalry with Cal Baptist when they join.
03-31-2017 12:54 PM
Advertisement

RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
(03-31-2017 12:54 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  
(03-31-2017 11:23 AM)RunnerBall Wrote:  This is the kind of thread that may produce some good fodder for folks here to use as signatures. 07-coffee3

Ya'll need to start a heated rivalry with Cal Baptist when they join.

Yah, maybe so, if they are as good as..........GCU is when they join.
Kinda' like....NMSU has with the 'Lopes.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2017 02:05 PM by RunnerBall.)
03-31-2017 02:01 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
In Franks defense in general, (not including the sane Lopes fans that post here), The Havocs and other GCU students have been relentless in their smack talk about NMSU, Las Cruces, etc. All the WAC schools get way up for NMSU and when the WAC teams have sellouts or their largest crowds it's vs. NMSU. NMSU has a long tradition and has been playing D1 basketball forever so we should be the big dog. When GCU 1st started I was thrilled. Then the Havoc moronic smack talk began which was fine but it is never ending. I get it during the season and especially when we are about to play each other, but the never ending smack talk about NMSU and Las Cruces has gotten old. So like the Utah State fans who are also obsessed with NMSU, they created an obsessed monster in the form of Coach Frank Allison. Congrats GCU fans. You will forever have Frank trolling your message boards (if you ever have your own that has activity), or at least on this universal WAC board and on Twitter. I have also become a GCU "hater" and love returning the favor to the high and mighty Havoc snots who are forever patting themselves on the back that GCU is the best at everything. I'm sorry my sane Lopes buddies get caught in the cross fire, but that's life in the big leagues. BTW, GCU fans celebrating that we lost to Baylor? What gives? Havoc fans are showing that they are serious division 1 virgins with the way the are. I guess Lopesup got his feelings hurt too cause he hasn't been around anymore. Well congrats to Dwayne Russell for his performance on the 3 point contest. Smart to include him so a nice crowd would turn out. Somehow many Lopes fans think this proves he's better than Ian Baker. Stuff like that is what fuels Frank and basically has Aggie fans starting to hate GCU. I guess you got your rivalry after all.
03-31-2017 06:18 PM
LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Grand Canyon
(03-31-2017 06:18 PM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  In Franks defense in general, (not including the sane Lopes fans that post here), The Havocs and other GCU students have been relentless in their smack talk about NMSU, Las Cruces, etc. All the WAC schools get way up for NMSU and when the WAC teams have sellouts or their largest crowds it's vs. NMSU. NMSU has a long tradition and has been playing D1 basketball forever so we should be the big dog. When GCU 1st started I was thrilled. Then the Havoc moronic smack talk began which was fine but it is never ending. I get it during the season and especially when we are about to play each other, but the never ending smack talk about NMSU and Las Cruces has gotten old. So like the Utah State fans who are also obsessed with NMSU, they created an obsessed monster in the form of Coach Frank Allison. Congrats GCU fans. You will forever have Frank trolling your message boards (if you ever have your own that has activity), or at least on this universal WAC board and on Twitter. I have also become a GCU "hater" and love returning the favor to the high and mighty Havoc snots who are forever patting themselves on the back that GCU is the best at everything. I'm sorry my sane Lopes buddies get caught in the cross fire, but that's life in the big leagues. BTW, GCU fans celebrating that we lost to Baylor? What gives? Havoc fans are showing that they are serious division 1 virgins with the way the are. I guess Lopesup got his feelings hurt too cause he hasn't been around anymore. Well congrats to Dwayne Russell for his performance on the 3 point contest. Smart to include him so a nice crowd would turn out. Somehow many Lopes fans think this proves he's better than Ian Baker. Stuff like that is what fuels Frank and basically has Aggie fans starting to hate GCU. I guess you got your rivalry after all.
I'm still here. Seasons over. Busy month for work. You can't get rid of me that easy. I came here because I heard Franky boy lost his mind. Lopes up everyone!

Sent from my SM-N920T using CSNbbs mobile app
03-31-2017 08:46 PM
Advertisement

1st String

GCU fans are so ignorant and it is the reason why I don't like them. It is why I will troll them until the end of time. GCU fans get used to being trolled. Ask Utah State fans about me, they still create threads about me Utah State Thread :)

* I do not believe everything I say, I only say it to piss you all off.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2017 08:53 PM by FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992.)
03-31-2017 08:48 PM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
Lost his mind up in here... up in here!

CA: Y'all gon' make me lose my mind
Up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me go all out
Up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me act a FOOL
Up in here, up in here
Y'all gon' make me lose my cool
Up in here, up in here

03-wink
03-31-2017 09:18 PM
NMSTFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: New Mexico St
(03-31-2017 06:18 PM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  In Franks defense in general, (not including the sane Lopes fans that post here), The Havocs and other GCU students have been relentless in their smack talk about NMSU, Las Cruces, etc. All the WAC schools get way up for NMSU and when the WAC teams have sellouts or their largest crowds it's vs. NMSU. NMSU has a long tradition and has been playing D1 basketball forever so we should be the big dog. When GCU 1st started I was thrilled. Then the Havoc moronic smack talk began which was fine but it is never ending. I get it during the season and especially when we are about to play each other, but the never ending smack talk about NMSU and Las Cruces has gotten old. So like the Utah State fans who are also obsessed with NMSU, they created an obsessed monster in the form of Coach Frank Allison. Congrats GCU fans. You will forever have Frank trolling your message boards (if you ever have your own that has activity), or at least on this universal WAC board and on Twitter. I have also become a GCU "hater" and love returning the favor to the high and mighty Havoc snots who are forever patting themselves on the back that GCU is the best at everything. I'm sorry my sane Lopes buddies get caught in the cross fire, but that's life in the big leagues. BTW, GCU fans celebrating that we lost to Baylor? What gives? Havoc fans are showing that they are serious division 1 virgins with the way the are. I guess Lopesup got his feelings hurt too cause he hasn't been around anymore. Well congrats to Dwayne Russell for his performance on the 3 point contest. Smart to include him so a nice crowd would turn out. Somehow many Lopes fans think this proves he's better than Ian Baker. Stuff like that is what fuels Frank and basically has Aggie fans starting to hate GCU. I guess you got your rivalry after all.

I agree, and honestly I think it's quite flattering. GCU has the Aggies in their spotlight and that could be really benifital for our program. GCU has all kinds of cash and could easily take that market away from Arizona St (Atleast in MBB) so that all those eyeballs are on the WAC and most importantly their top dog in New Mexico St. So let them talk about us all they want just as long as we are benifiting from it via exposure and most importantly winning WAC championships. There's no doubt we are the most storied program in the WAC and believe me all the money in the world won't stop people from noticing how "artificial" GCUs program and school currently are. It's for some people and not for others. Oh well
04-01-2017 01:09 AM
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

GCU has simply mixed a college environment with an NBA environment. The music is piped in through the PA to amp up the Havoc... like done during NBA games. At GCU, it's all a presentation and everything is done for the cameras and marketing.

Traditional Universities use a "pep" band to fire up the students. The student body is raucous but far less organized and orchestrated. I find it more spontaneous and genuine. The success on the court (winning) dictates community and student engagement in the arena stands.

All that said, I think GCU has done an incredible job promoting their University and athletic programs. Winning (or not) will define GCU's true traditions.
04-01-2017 07:03 AM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

(04-01-2017 07:03 AM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  GCU has simply mixed a college environment with an NBA environment. The music is piped in through the PA to amp up the Havoc... like done during NBA games. At GCU, it's all a presentation and everything is done for the cameras and marketing.

Traditional Universities use a "pep" band to fire up the students. The student body is raucous but far less organized and orchestrated. I find it more spontaneous and genuine. The success on the court (winning) dictates community and student engagement in the arena stands.

All that said, I think GCU has done an incredible job promoting their University and athletic programs. Winning (or not) will define GCU's true traditions.

Pistol nails it on the head once again. Always gives a balanced opinion on a matter.
04-01-2017 09:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.