Nice write up about this Seasons Team by SB Nation
03-30-2017 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: Nice write up about this Seasons Team by SB Nation
(03-30-2017 09:04 PM)142niu Wrote:  http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...ule-roster

Great writeup. However, Toledo must have the best public relations machine ever. We're given a 20% chance of winning over Nebraska, and 24% over Toledo.

I just don't get it.
03-30-2017 10:06 PM
Dtownboys Offline
1st String

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
03-31-2017 12:28 AM
Teamduh Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Northern Il
(03-30-2017 10:06 PM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  
(03-30-2017 09:04 PM)142niu Wrote:  http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...ule-roster

Great writeup. However, Toledo must have the best public relations machine ever. We're given a 20% chance of winning over Nebraska, and 24% over Toledo.

I just don't get it.
It has been a long time since Toledo won the division and they are very good and blowing big games late in the season. After reading their SB report I agree their 59 ranking seems pretty high.

We should have beat them in the cell last year and we beat them in Toledo the year before to steal the West again. That was the best Tuesday I've had in a long time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
03-31-2017 08:20 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Toledo's O will be more explosive in Coach Candle's 2nd year as HC.
There will be more depth along the OL and DL. Assistant Coaches with NFL
experience for the Receiving Corp and DB's were brought in. Defense will
improve, biggest areas of improvement will be creating turnovers and run defense.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2017 09:54 AM by Boca Rocket.)
03-31-2017 09:53 AM
Advertisement

NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
Toledo should be the clear preseason favorite to win the west. The preseason voting will probably look something like this:

Toledo
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Ball State
NIU
Central Michigan

You could probably put the bottom three in any order.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2017 10:01 AM by NIU1981.)
03-31-2017 09:59 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(03-31-2017 09:59 AM)NIU1981 Wrote:  Toledo should be the clear preseason favorite to win the west. The preseason voting will probably look something like this:

Toledo
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Ball State
NIU
Central Michigan

Big question mark about CMU post Cooper Rush with a new Spread Offense, especially when they haven't been recruiting those kinds of athletes for a few years. Rest of the West seems solid.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2017 11:56 AM by Boca Rocket.)
03-31-2017 11:54 AM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

(03-31-2017 08:20 AM)Teamduh Wrote:  

I just don't get it.
It has been a long time since Toledo won the division and they are very good and blowing big games late in the season. After reading their SB report I agree their 59 ranking seems pretty high.

We should have beat them in the cell last year and we beat them in Toledo the year before to steal the West again. That was the best Tuesday I've had in a long time.

We should have beaten them last year. I watched the highlights from that game again. Graham didn't do too bad in that game, except for the last interception, of course.
Golloday owned Toledo, and with a more experienced quarterback we'd have won.
03-31-2017 01:03 PM
Dtownboys Offline
1st String

(03-31-2017 09:59 AM)NIU1981 Wrote:  Toledo should be the clear preseason favorite to win the west. The preseason voting will probably look something like this:

Toledo
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Ball State
NIU
Central Michigan

We were a few plays away from being a much better team last year. If qb plays is decent we should be better I see us ranked third.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2017 02:27 PM by Dtownboys.)
03-31-2017 01:46 PM
Advertisement

RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

Toledo
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Ball State
NIU
Central Michigan

WMU is losing their star QB/WR as well as a lot of their defense so I do not see them finishing higher than 3rd in the West.
03-31-2017 02:24 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(03-31-2017 01:03 PM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  
(03-31-2017 08:20 AM)Teamduh Wrote:  

I just don't get it.

We should have beaten them last year. I watched the highlights from that game again. Graham didn't do too bad in that game, except for the last interception, of course.
Golloday owned Toledo, and with a more experienced quarterback we'd have won.

Golladay averaged 10.6 yds a catch against the Rockets. The UT receivers averaged 12.6 yds a grab against the Huskies.
03-31-2017 02:38 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(03-31-2017 02:24 PM)RedandBlackAttack Wrote:  

Toledo
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Ball State
NIU
Central Michigan

WMU is losing their star QB/WR as well as a lot of their defense so I do not see them finishing higher than 3rd in the West.

Wassink ia a good QB. Broncos are returning a very good run game.
03-31-2017 02:45 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(03-31-2017 02:45 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Toledo
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Ball State
NIU
Central Michigan

Has Wassink even thrown a pass in college yet? Hard to call someone good who is untested.
03-31-2017 03:29 PM
Advertisement

NIUTrekker Offline
2nd String

(03-31-2017 03:29 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(03-31-2017 02:45 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Toledo
Western Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Ball State
NIU
Central Michigan

Has Wassink even thrown a pass in college yet? Hard to call someone good who is untested.
Graham looked good in practice as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
03-31-2017 08:28 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
WMU will be tough. They are still loaded. LOADED. We need production out of the QB, we.rise.and.fall there. Just need​ not to #### the bed and we will be fine.
04-01-2017 12:19 AM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
On offense they aren't loaded except if you buy the hype of their recruits. QB gone along with top three receivers and two olineman. Will still have good running game. Not buying into the WMU hype.
04-01-2017 02:20 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(04-01-2017 02:20 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  On offense they aren't loaded except if you buy the hype of their recruits. QB gone along with top three receivers and two olineman. Will still have good running game. Not buying into the WMU hype.

Their O-line is ridiculously good. So are their running backs. I understand the doubt when an untested QB is under center, but it has the makings of a Drew Hare type first year. The Broncos are set up perfectly to ease a QB in with that running game and great protection. I'm not saying they'll be great, but the QB just has to not be terrible and they can succeed. I'm a little worried playing them as I think our defense is built on speed, which is great against most MACtion type offenses, but WMU will be more power based. That concerns me a little with small LBs we have.
04-01-2017 02:28 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

(04-01-2017 02:28 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 02:20 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  On offense they aren't loaded except if you buy the hype of their recruits. QB gone along with top three receivers and two olineman. Will still have good running game. Not buying into the WMU hype.

Their O-line is ridiculously good. So are their running backs. I understand the doubt when an untested QB is under center, but it has the makings of a Drew Hare type first year. The Broncos are set up perfectly to ease a QB in with that running game and great protection. I'm not saying they'll be great, but the QB just has to not be terrible and they can succeed. I'm a little worried playing them as I think our defense is built on speed, which is great against most MACtion type offenses, but WMU will be more power based. That concerns me a little with small LBs we have.

New coach, new QB, new Receivers. They will have some growing pains. They're not rowing the boat anymore. They have proven running backs but that's all.
04-02-2017 06:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.