Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

When will C-USA presidents/AD's act on basketball reforms?
Bookmark and Share
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
MyBB When will C-USA presidents/AD's act on basketball reforms?
EVER? This time last year a similar thread was started.The conference discussed the matter and nothing concrete was done.Now it is a year later and we are in worse shape.
I realize it is up to each school to pull their weight but the conference can also take steps to improve(incentives,scheduling,penalties).

*One suggestion is for fans to e-mail their AD's and presidents showing their concerns.

WAKE UP before it is too late!!!
03-13-2017 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cmett003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: When will C-USA presidents/AD's act on basketball reforms?
This is Judy's email. jmacleod@c-usa.org

Lets flood her with our ideas and opinions. I think its time that they actually start paying attention to the fans and making some decisions that bring some good change. We are dying a slow painful death at this rate.
03-13-2017 02:22 PM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
Didn't we hire a damn consultant to address this matter specifically? As if it is some sort of mystery as to what schools need to be doing to be better in basketball....
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2017 02:33 PM by MTowho.)
03-13-2017 02:33 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

When you send that email go one step farther and actually support your school with dollars. Talk is cheap...dollars matter. Most of our programs are going under if student enrollment drops by 10%. Maybe not under but cuts and more cuts in the budget.

Win the damn games you play and nothing else matters. That's the reform needed. Just win the freaking games no matter who you play OOC and it's just like compound interest once you get into conference play.

No rules put in place is going to change that. All of this crap about not scheduling a RPI under so and so. Sounds great on paper but there is no way to make sure school X that had a RPI of 100 last year wont tank the year you schedule them.

Winning is the only change needed and till schools do that there's no need to talk about what the Presidents and Ad's are doing or not doing.

I think the bigger concern is fans sitting behind their PC or in front of the TV on game night then wondering why we can't keep coaches or schedule more home games. Fans need to worry about those things..First. Second. Third. So again if you are going to email your president or ad....

make sure you send them that check

It will do a lot more good than the complaint
03-13-2017 02:41 PM
Advertisement

TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I agree with WKUYG.

STILL there are steps the presidents/AD's can take.Proposals which were talked over last year.All can do something.

1.FANS/Alumni
2.Presidents/AD's/Coaches
3.Commissioner

My concern is the lack of anything from #2.
03-13-2017 06:07 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
Pretty sure y'all don't want our president or his hand-picked AD "reforming" anything.
03-13-2017 06:15 PM
itsbraille49 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
We just need to get the conference over .500 in the non-conference season. That should be the ONLY goal.

The Sun Belt went 67-63 in non-conference this season, against the 30th rated schedule, and their RPI was 13th!

They went 5-28 in non-conference games against the Top 100, and were the 13th rated conference. The RPI is so flawed, that conferences as a whole can game it and no one gives it a second look. Did this end up with them receiving multiple NCAA bids? No, but they only had 1 Top 100 RPI team and that team couldn't earn Top 100 wins in conference. But it's a step forward. If they continue scheduling at playing at this level, the reputation will improve, and the top teams will get better games, and next year they'll have 3 Top 100 teams, then 5 Top 100 teams, etc. But mid-majors start getting Top 100 wins in conference, things change very quickly.

The bottom 10 of C-USA should try to go 7-5 in conference against DIVISION 1 opponents, then the Top 4 teams are free to schedule as bravely as they wish. They will still have some easy games and finish around .500. But when they play 8-4 North Texas on January 1st, their RPI won't be dropping 10 places after they win.
03-14-2017 03:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.