Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aggies lay an egg at home-lose to Utah Valley
Bookmark and Share
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
Aggies lay an egg at home-lose to Utah Valley
Aggies circling the drain. Looking uninspired, lethargic, and lost. Very disappointing performance. Had a great opportunity. Now we are just threading water.
02-23-2017 11:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
RE: Aggies lay an egg at home-lose to Utah Valley
Is there someone we need to call or send to Frank's house to make sure he's doing okay?
02-23-2017 11:56 PM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
(02-23-2017 11:56 PM)gleadley Wrote:  Is there someone we need to call or send to Frank's house to make sure he's doing okay?

Rimshot
02-24-2017 12:10 AM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

(02-23-2017 11:56 PM)gleadley Wrote:  Is there someone we need to call or send to Frank's house to make sure he's doing okay?

Send them to my house as well. Frank is already talking about next years team is going to make the Final Four, his usual routine every year at the end of the season. He ranted about Jermaine Haley like the second coming of George Gervin and he has stunk it up all season long.
02-24-2017 12:11 AM
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
It's a one bid conference, despite your record. You have to sweep the Tourney anyway. Regular season is just warmup.

Too bad they never did two levels of the tourney. The WAC would certainly get two schools in a that way.
02-24-2017 02:36 AM
FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU Aggies

I'm good. If NMSU win's our last two games, we'll end the season 25-5. If we make the WAC Tournament Championship, and lose, we'll end up 27-6, and if we win the WAC Tournament, we'll end up 28-5. If NMSU wins the next two games, we are at least a lock for a NIT at-large bid based on our high RPI. It's to bad that GCU RPI is trash right now.
02-24-2017 02:27 PM
Advertisement

1st String

(02-24-2017 12:11 AM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  

Send them to my house as well. Frank is already talking about next years team is going to make the Final Four, his usual routine every year at the end of the season. He ranted about Jermaine Haley like the second coming of George Gervin and he has stunk it up all season long.

Jermaine Haley is only a freshman. I have the right to be excited about our incoming recruits potential. I never said that Jermaine would be a NBA draft pick. Haley isn't the only player to struggle as a freshman, Sidy Ndir struggled last season, yet as a sophomore he was one of the best guards in the WAC before being injured. I believe we haven't seen the best of Jermaine Haley. By the time he leaves NMSU, he will be an All-WAC performer.
02-24-2017 02:34 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(02-24-2017 02:27 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  

I'm good. If NMSU win's our last two games, we'll end the season 25-5. If we make the WAC Tournament Championship, and lose, we'll end up 27-6, and if we win the WAC Tournament, we'll end up 28-5. If NMSU wins the next two games, we are at least a lock for a NIT at-large bid based on our high RPI. It's to bad that GCU RPI is trash right now.

Yeah, sorry we aren't helping you guys out much there. Hard to do when we don't handle business against bad teams (SIUE, UC-RIVERSIDE) and let other games that are within reach slip away (Penn St, CSUB, UMKC).

Sounding like a lot of folks are ready to turn the page on this season & fast forward to 2017-18. I know I am.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 03:12 PM by gleadley.)
02-24-2017 03:09 PM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

(02-24-2017 03:09 PM)gleadley Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 02:27 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  

Yeah, sorry we aren't helping you guys out much there. Hard to do when we don't handle business against bad teams (SIUE, UC-RIVERSIDE) and let other games that are within reach slip away (Penn St, CSUB, UMKC).

Sounding like a lot of folks are ready to turn the page on this season & fast forward to 2017-18. I know I am.

The 'Lopes are eligible for the tourneys next season, correct?
02-24-2017 03:14 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

Correct. 4 years of purgatory finally finished. We'll be joining the party in Vegas next March!

On that note, am I correct in assuming ADs will have to connect and determine tournament structure once we are at 8 eligible teams? IDK, maybe they already have. I know 8 sets up a perfect bracket, but I also like that regular season champs currently pull the 1st round bye. Take that away and conference play means even less than it already does.

What if they kept the bye for regular season champ, but last place team wasn't invited to Vegas? Would that make the bottom half of the conference more competitive?
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 03:46 PM by gleadley.)
02-24-2017 03:25 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

(02-24-2017 03:25 PM)gleadley Wrote:  Correct. 4 years of purgatory finally finished. We'll be joining the party in Vegas next March!

On that note, am I correct in assuming ADs will have to connect and determine tournament structure once we are at 8 eligible teams? IDK, maybe they already have. I know 8 sets up a perfect bracket, but I also like that regular season champs currently pull the 1st round bye. Take that away and conference play means even less than it already does.

What if they kept the bye for regular season champ, but last place team wasn't invited to Vegas? Would that make the bottom half of the conference more competitive?

Our conference is too small. Regular season champ will have to play 8 seed. I like it. All the teams on the tourney. Going be cool having Great Canyon at the tourney.
02-24-2017 06:54 PM
Advertisement

RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

(02-24-2017 06:54 PM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 03:25 PM)gleadley Wrote:  Correct. 4 years of purgatory finally finished. We'll be joining the party in Vegas next March!

Our conference is too small. Regular season champ will have to play 8 seed. I like it. All the teams on the tourney. Going be cool having Great Canyon at the tourney.

Next year in Vegas.....

02-24-2017 08:25 PM
1st String

I doubt the arena will be full of GCU fans. A trip to Las Vegas for the WAC Tournament is still pretty expensive. I doubt these college students are going to spend their spring break money on Las Vegas for the WAC Tournament. They will go only if GCU pays for them.
02-24-2017 10:11 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

Are u going to Vegas Frank?
02-24-2017 10:48 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(02-24-2017 10:11 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  I doubt the arena will be full of GCU fans. A trip to Las Vegas for the WAC Tournament is still pretty expensive. I doubt these college students are going to spend their spring break money on Las Vegas for the WAC Tournament. They will go only if GCU pays for them.

Might be wishful thinking on your part, Coach. Vegas is a tank of gas and a hotel room split 4-6 ways. If GCU students can find their way to Las Cruces, I really don't think Vegas will be a problem.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 12:19 AM by gleadley.)
02-24-2017 11:55 PM
ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lopes
Some of us have already started planning lol.
02-25-2017 12:07 AM
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

(02-25-2017 12:07 AM)ThunderDan49 Wrote:  Some of us have already started planning lol.

Just 375 days away, but who's counting? Hahahaha
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 05:06 AM by gleadley.)
02-25-2017 12:18 AM
LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Grand Canyon
(02-24-2017 10:11 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  I doubt the arena will be full of GCU fans. A trip to Las Vegas for the WAC Tournament is still pretty expensive. I doubt these college students are going to spend their spring break money on Las Vegas for the WAC Tournament. They will go only if GCU pays for them.

Yeah, college kids would never want to go party in Vegas for Springbreak. SMH
02-25-2017 09:04 AM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
Just because they want to, doesn't mean they're able to. I want to go to the Super Bowl, but I've never been.
02-25-2017 09:28 AM
LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Grand Canyon
By the way Frank I fixed this for you. I figured you were too busy.

.jpg  all we do is win.jpg (Size: 93.88 KB / Downloads: 7)
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 09:36 AM by LopesUp.)
02-25-2017 09:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.