Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game 28 - Towson 7 PM Thursday 2/23
Bookmark and Share
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
TV/Stream -
CAA.TV (https://portal.stretchinternet.com/caa/p...Type=video)
&
CAA.TV Roku Channel

Radio/Stream -
UNCW Broadcast
94.1 FM/1340 AM WLSG (Wilmington)
97.1 FM/1120 AM WSME (Jacksonville)
CAA.TV (https://portal.stretchinternet.com/caa/p...Type=audio)

Towson Broadcast
1300 AM WJZ (Baltimore)
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/station/cb...isten-live
CAA.TV (https://portal.stretchinternet.com/caa/p...Type=audio)
Tune In Radio App

Live Stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/stat...1&gid=ncwi

This is for the #1 seed. Win this or we are #2
02-21-2017 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Proff Offline
1st String

RE: Game 28 - Towson 7 PM Thursday 2/23
Gonna be a real tough one. This is not the same towson team we played in our first conference game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using CSNbbs mobile app
02-21-2017 01:39 PM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-21-2017 12:34 PM)solohawks Wrote:  This is for the #1 seed. Win this or we are #2

Partly true. Win and we're # 1. Lose and we still have a shot at # 1, but we'd of course need to come back and beat Northeastern AND Charleston would have to lose at home to either Delaware or Drexel.

Unlikely, but not impossible.
02-21-2017 02:36 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-21-2017 02:36 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(02-21-2017 12:34 PM)solohawks Wrote:  This is for the #1 seed. Win this or we are #2

Partly true. Win and we're # 1. Lose and we still have a shot at # 1, but we'd of course need to come back and beat Northeastern AND Charleston would have to lose at home to either Delaware or Drexel.

Lose both, we could be tied with Towson, not sure how that tiebreaker would work.
02-21-2017 02:44 PM
Proff Offline
1st String

charleston has the two bottom teams to play - drexel & delaware. Our foes are considerably better - towson & northeastern. towson finishes at bill & the virgin. We might have a one game lead but we have the tougher finish (arguably).

02-21-2017 02:51 PM
Hall of Famer

(02-21-2017 02:44 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Lose both, we could be tied with Towson, not sure how that tiebreaker would work.

There's at least one scenario where Towson gets the 1-seed and we drop all the way to 3. That would be really bad, given that we'd have to face Northeastern just a few days later in the 3-6 matchup.

Let's ensure that doesn't happen and just go ahead and beat Towson....
02-21-2017 03:01 PM
Advertisement

Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-21-2017 02:51 PM)Proff Wrote:  charleston has the two bottom teams to play - drexel & delaware. Our foes are considerably better - towson & northeastern. towson finishes at bill & the virgin. We might have a one game lead but we have the tougher finish (arguably).

I say Towson's remaining 2 are tougher than ours. Bill n Mary at Home is more scary than NE at our place.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2017 03:11 PM by Seahawkhoops.)
02-21-2017 03:10 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

highly unlikely but true it could happen. for all practical purposes this game will determine our seed
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2017 03:13 PM by solohawks.)
02-21-2017 03:13 PM
70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
(02-21-2017 03:13 PM)solohawks Wrote:  

highly unlikely but true it could happen. for all practical purposes this game will determine our seed
^^This^^
02-21-2017 04:48 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Y'all are stressing me out.

Go Seahawks!!!!
02-21-2017 06:07 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
If you truly don't want to face the Tribe in the semis, then go ahead and lose both games this week. But, you could help us by beating Towson. Then, we would only need to win our 2 home games this week to get the #3 seed. Then, UNCW can both lock up the #1 seed and choose our first round opponent in beating Northeastern. I don't want to play Towson in the tournament unless it is the final. They foul every possession and physically beat teams up. To be fair, they are also an outstanding rebounding team and they make their free throws. For us, they are a very tough opponent. Any other team would have wilted when we had them down 15 in the second half, but they kept coming. Of course, they had Davis then who is an excellent player. Any team facing them and winning in the tournament will not be close to 100% for the next round.

Really looking forward to Thursday night UNCW/Towson is a big game.
02-21-2017 06:58 PM
Advertisement

bricksnivy Offline
All American

Did you guys see this comment from Pat Skerry:

“The job that Kevin Keatts has done is unbelievable. I’ve got bad news for Wilmington – he won’t be there next year. He’s gone. He’s the hottest guy in the country. He’s out of there."

Irritates me to hear an opposing coach make these remarks as if he's trying to provide the distraction for our squad prior to the game. He's not an analyst, paid for his opinion. He's a coach, paid to prepare his team.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017 07:30 AM by bricksnivy.)
02-22-2017 07:28 AM
surfsalot Offline
2nd String

UNCW Athletics want to extend a special "Thank You" to every Seahawk fan on Thursday, February 23rd in Trask Coliseum as our Men's Basketball team hosts the Towson Tigers with a chance to clinch the CAA Regular Season Title.

We are offering a $10 ticket special starting at 6:00PM Tuesday, February 21st that will run through noon on Thursday, February 23rd. See below for directions on how to purchase tickets using the promo code. This offer is only good online.

Please feel free to pass this offer and promo code along to family and friends. We would love to have our fifth sellout of the year as we hope to clinch the title on Thursday night.

For any questions, please feel free to contact the UNCW Athletic Ticket Office at (910) 962-3233.

Instructions on how to purchase the UNCW Men’s Basketball Fan Appreciation tickets along with the ticket link.

1) Follow the link below to purchase the UNCW Men’s Basketball Fan Appreciation tickets. Tickets are $10 and seats are located in numerous sections of the arena.
UNCW Men's Basketball Tickets Link

2) Once the link opens, you should see a “Special Offers” section with a box to type in on the lower half of the page. Please type in CLINCH into the Special Offers box and click the “Show” button.

3) Once the promo code has been typed in, you will see drop down menus to order your UNCW Men’s Basketball Fan Appreciation Tickets. Once the desired number of tickets are chosen, click the “Reserve Tickets” button located beside the drop down box. On the following screen, you will be asked to confirm your reservation.

4) One the reservation is confirmed, please sign into our ticket system or create an account if you do not already have one.

5) To proceed to payment click “Confirm Reservation” and finalize your order. Tickets can be picked up at Will Call the night of the game or in advance by visiting the UNCW Athletic Ticket Office in Trask Coliseum.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017 07:54 AM by surfsalot.)
02-22-2017 07:52 AM
Money Offline
Bench Warmer

Link to the Skerry comments please? Might need to make a sign.

02-22-2017 09:08 AM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

I found it through Eric Detweiler's twitter account. It's an artcile by Alex Riley, but it's on Facebook.
02-22-2017 09:23 AM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

Pat Skerry’s mindset on Thursday’s game with UNCW is a mix of pinpoint focus and whimsical satire. Towson’s sixth-year coach has a team that is riding the CAA’s longest win streak and playing at a level most dream of this time of year.
The battle with the Seahawks is the biggest of the year for either team. Skerry isn’t let the gravity of the situation prevent him from smiling.
“We’re going to need luck, the Rosary – Wilmington is the class of the league,” Skerry said during the CAA coaches teleconference on Tuesday. “The job that Kevin Keatts has done is unbelievable. I’ve got bad news for Wilmington – he won’t be there next year. He’s gone. He’s the hottest guy in the country. He’s out of there. I know how jumping Trask is going to be and we’re hoping we can go down there and make it a competitive game. We’ll be a heavy, heavy underdog.”
The double-heavy might be a bit of stretch considering the Tigers are in position to have sole possession of third in the league and sit a victory away from 20 wins. But it wasn’t long ago Towson could have been tabbed as a team headed for a blowout.
Predicted to finish second in the CAA’s preseason voting, Towson got off to a 0-4 start in league play, with three of its first four conference matchups on the road. The winless streak prompted senior John Davis to call a team meeting with Skerry where everyone air their grievances.
“Everybody got at each other and we’ve played better since then,” Skerry said.
That might be an understatement.
The Tigers have won 11 of their last 12 games, with the only loss coming at Northeastern back on Jan. 28. The team’s win streak currently sits at six straight.
Thursday’s game will go a long way in determining how the CAA tournament pairs up. A win by UNCW locks up first place in the league and gives the Seahawks the No. 1 seed in the upcoming tournament. Towson needs a win in one of its last two games to hold on to sole possession of third. Saturday’s season finale at William & Mary could be for sole possession of third or a tie, depending on what the Tribe does Thursday.
“We’re going to get some more frequent flyer miles,” Skerry said of the trip to Wilmington then Williamsburg.
Zoned in and laughing at the same time, the Tigers will be ready to play.
“We need the slingshots, the rocks – you’re playing Goliath,” Skerry said. “They’ve got four all-conference players. They’re absolutely an at-large team. They shoot it. They turn you over, they don’t turn it over. It’s a great challenge for us. Trask is what you want a college basketball environment to be. We have to play by far our best game of the year. It’s going to be a big test.”
02-22-2017 09:24 AM
Advertisement

Hall of Famer

I still like Skerry, but yeah, f*ck him on this anyways.
02-22-2017 09:28 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Skerry just entered POS territory with this. Prepare and coach your own damn team.

What does he gain by doing this? The CAA should fine him for it. Is he rooting for the top coach in the conference to leave the conference? All it stands to do is hurt the conference and UNCW. The CAA should definitely look into this and fine the **** out of him.
02-22-2017 10:10 AM
Fletch 8 Offline
Bench Warmer

It was clearly a backhanded compliment from Skerry. Not a fan of him at all. Early in conference play when Towson was losing Skerry called out his players in post game comments to the media. You can go on youtube and watch. I think it reflects poorly on the coach when they do this openly in public.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017 10:14 AM by Fletch 8.)
02-22-2017 10:12 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-22-2017 10:10 AM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  Skerry just entered POS territory with this. Prepare and coach your own damn team.

What does he gain by doing this? The CAA should fine him for it. Is he rooting for the top coach in the conference to leave the conference? All it stands to do is hurt the conference and UNCW. The CAA should definitely look into this and fine the **** out of him.

He's hoping he can get to the top by having a top dog removed. Selfish
02-22-2017 10:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.