Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The price of coffee in Memphis...
Bookmark and Share
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies

Quote:UCF A-SUN REG. SEASON CHAMPS!
That and a couple of dollars will buy you a cup of coffee.
02-26-2005 11:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cane Gang Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Psicosis Wrote:
Gee, bitter about the loss to Louisville lately? :rolleyes:
02-26-2005 11:47 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies

Cane Gang Wrote:
Psicosis Wrote:
Gee, bitter about the loss to Louisville lately? :rolleyes:
Yes.
02-26-2005 11:53 PM
Coog2Knight518 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Psicosis Wrote:
Enjoy the NIT, Psicosis... 04-cheers

Memphis usually does pretty well in the NIT...
02-27-2005 03:09 AM
UCF_Cardinals Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

KnightChris Wrote:Psicosis wrote:
Quote:Yes.
I was pulling for you guys.
I wasn't. Good luck in the NIT :D
02-27-2005 04:53 AM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies

Coog2Knight518 Wrote:
Psicosis Wrote:
Enjoy the NIT, Psicosis... 04-cheers

Memphis usually does pretty well in the NIT...
Wow. A Houston/UCF fan talking NIT smack. Amazing.

What's next, a Houston fan talking smack about Memphis in football?

Oh, wait...
02-27-2005 05:07 AM
Advertisement

HerdChemist89 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I don't think the rest of the college basketball world gives a $hit. Especially when you are sharing this distinction with Gardner-Webb or whoever it is you play in that obscure league.

The A-Sun is truly a minor conference, and being "regular season champs", as you like to put it, means nothing. Not even a blip on the radar.

Win your tournament, and you can take a seat on the back of the bus. Maybe then you can do some bragging..............that is, until you get your customary dose of humiliation in the first-round of the NCAA's against a real team.

Next year in CUSA will be the first true test in an all-sports conference that you UCFer's have ever faced.

We'll see how puffy-chested you guys are come this time next year.... :laugh:

[Image: AssBeater.gif]

[Image: UCFLicensePlate.jpg]
02-27-2005 07:16 AM
South Tampa Knight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Funny, a marshall fan talking basketball. Hey Marshall boy, UCF is building a 10,000 seat basketball arena, they have already started the site work. Considering Marshall has Henderson Center, and still can't recruit a team that can win more then four games in the MAC, I would say you have no room to talk. Hell, how many Prop 48 kids do you need to get to win?
02-27-2005 09:56 AM
Golden Jedi Knight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

HerdChemist89 Wrote:

I don't think the rest of the college basketball world gives a $hit.
Maybe, maybe not, but I like how we UCF fans have conditioned YOU to respond every time we post something positive about our school. Thanks for caring, Chemist. :laugh:
02-27-2005 10:20 AM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies

Quote:still can't recruit a team that can win more then four games in the MAC
Could UCF or Gardner-Webb win more "then" four games in the MAC?
02-27-2005 10:36 AM
moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

bla bla bla 0-11...thats so 2004.

Let's hear it for 5-20....

At least you guys beat WVU 04-cheers

And to defend us versus the MAC, the west division leading Western Michigan was in the same Top of the World Classic that we were in. Where were they? They weren't in the final game, we were! And we won! 03-razz

If we were in the MAC full-time, Im willing to bet we would have been on top or near it during the basketball season. And we would have dominated in baseball.
02-27-2005 10:50 AM
Advertisement

Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

Yes. Easily. UCF anytime, and GW could have this year. This is the same GW team that walked all over ECU by 30 points. The mac is far from a power conference and UCF would easily be near the top. Guess we'll have to wait until next year to see, but if you guys think that just because we are in a minor league means that our team sucks, thats just plain dumb.

BTW, congrats to marshall on finding a way to get blownout by OHIO by 21 yesterday and STILL talking trash. If you could only win 2 games in the mac, how do you think you will do in NCUSA? I'd be willing to bet that you'd be happy if you COMPETED in 2 games in CUSA.
02-27-2005 11:01 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Psicosis Wrote:
Quote:still can't recruit a team that can win more then four games in the MAC
Could UCF or Gardner-Webb win more "then" four games in the MAC?
Do the stupid questions ever cease?

WMU currently has 10 wins in the MAC conference play. At the beginning of the season we easilly won a tournament in which they were also in and got beat soundly in.

Meanwhile Marshall's turd of a basketball team has managed 5 wins.........all year.
02-27-2005 11:06 AM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies

Quote:You would think that CUSA would be happy to be getting a quality basketball program with a recent history of winning. I know I am.
I agree. Adding UTEP was a great move.
02-27-2005 11:16 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Psicosis Wrote:
Quote:You would think that CUSA would be happy to be getting a quality basketball program with a recent history of winning. I know I am.
I agree. Adding UTEP was a great move.
After your offensive display last night, I can tell for one that our players are simply shaking in thier boots at the thought of having to play Memphis next year. :rolleyes:

But in the meantime, throw some more money at Cal, maybe he'll get past the first round.
02-27-2005 01:32 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

KnightChris Wrote:Geez, after almost beating Pitt in the NCAA tourney last year, I figured our basketball "board cred" would last at least a year. It's been less than that, and apparently our credibility has been spent with some of you guys. Oh well. The A-Sun tourney is next weekend, we hope to win it again, then go to the NCAA tourney. Maybe we can complete the upset this time instead of coming oh so close only to fall short in the final minute. Hopefully we'll earn some more NCUSA respect on the hardwood.

Psicosis wrote:
Quote:I agree. Adding UTEP was a great move.
For what it's worth, so do I. It's going to be an honor to play great programs like Memphis, UAB, UTEP, and the others. We expect to take our knocks in the beginning, but we hope to be competitive soon.

I'm just glad our seniors get to go out as champions, and we get to head into our new conference as champs of the old (albeit regular season champs). Wish us luck as we try to win the conference tourney next weekend!

-Chris
I understand that you're trying to be civil, but there's no use.

It's just understood that there are Memphis fans on here that live for being nothing but full-fledged idiots who proclaim themselves kings of the sports world.

I guess some school had to take UL's place for having the most arrogant, pompous, jack@ss fans, huh?
02-27-2005 01:34 PM
Advertisement

Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies

Quote:Geez, after almost beating Pitt in the NCAA tourney last year, I figured our basketball "board cred" would last at least a year.
I thought actually winning a game in the tourney and winning a bowl game would allow Memphis fans to talk about having good programs in both major sports and a lot of upside, to boot, without being labeled as "arrogant" by a bunch of morons with inferiority complexes. Sorry, but if everyone's gonna jump on us for saying anything positive about our programs, I'm jumping on some mofos, too.
02-27-2005 01:50 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Psicosis Wrote:
Quote:Geez, after almost beating Pitt in the NCAA tourney last year, I figured our basketball "board cred" would last at least a year.
I thought actually winning a game in the tourney and winning a bowl game would allow Memphis fans to talk about having good programs in both major sports and a lot of upside, to boot, without being labeled as "arrogant" by a bunch of morons with inferiority complexes. Sorry, but if everyone's gonna jump on us for saying anything positive about our programs, I'm jumping on some mofos, too.
Winning a bowl game has nothing to do with you being a prick. And if you can't figure that out, then you're also an idiot.

Basically I'm just sick of your idiotic comments and ability to drag a good post into the gutter.

If you don't have soemthing to say other than 5th grade smack talking ABOUT A CUSA TEAM then shut the hell up.
02-27-2005 01:58 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

Crappies

Do you KNOW how *** nice and fair I have endeavored to be to people on this forum (on every forum, for that matter)? I have a tendency to make jokes that people sometimes misunderstand or take the wrong way, but aside from letting them run with it for my own amusement sometimes, I generally try to be as friendly and non-inciteful as possible. I was WAY too PC in days past on this forum, IMHO.

After all of the "OMG how dare you express your honest opinions instead of saying SMU is a basketball powerhouse and Rice adds a lot to our conference in football, you arrogant Memphis meanieheads!" crap started a few months ago, and we started getting bashed left and right for somehow being "arrogant" (despite being considered very friendly and welcoming, if you'll recall), I started throwing one-liners around occasionally. And what do you know, stirring up the anti-Memphis mob is both easy and fun.

I was pissed off last night after losing and seeing Coog2Knight continue bragging about the dominant Houston Cougars, and my cheap shot at UCF (a team I've complimented several times on your tourney appearance in the last year when talking about the makeup of the new C-USA; mostly out of the self-delusion that it really "wouldn't be THAT bad," sadly) in this thread was just that. Live with it, grow some thicker skin, keep whining, whatever.

If it takes being perceived as the next Louisville, fine. It's about damn time the Memphis "we're doomed" inferiority complex died a gruesome death. We've suffered through way too many bad times to let you try to ruin our fun now that we're able to feel good about our teams again.
02-27-2005 02:27 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Psicosis Wrote:Do you KNOW how *** nice and fair I have endeavored to be to people on this forum (on every forum, for that matter)? I have a tendency to make jokes that people sometimes misunderstand or take the wrong way, but aside from letting them run with it for my own amusement sometimes, I generally try to be as friendly and non-inciteful as possible. I was WAY too PC in days past on this forum, IMHO.

After all of the "OMG how dare you express your honest opinions instead of saying SMU is a basketball powerhouse and Rice adds a lot to our conference in football, you arrogant Memphis meanieheads!" crap started a few months ago, and we started getting bashed left and right for somehow being "arrogant" (despite being considered very friendly and welcoming, if you'll recall), I started throwing one-liners around occasionally. And what do you know, stirring up the anti-Memphis mob is both easy and fun.

I was pissed off last night after losing and seeing Coog2Knight continue bragging about the dominant Houston Cougars, and my cheap shot at UCF (a team I've complimented several times on your tourney appearance in the last year when talking about the makeup of the new C-USA; mostly out of the self-delusion that it really "wouldn't be THAT bad," sadly) in this thread was just that. Live with it, grow some thicker skin, keep whining, whatever.

If it takes being perceived as the next Louisville, fine. It's about damn time the Memphis "we're doomed" inferiority complex died a gruesome death. We've suffered through way too many bad times to let you try to ruin our fun now that we're able to feel good about our teams again.
Your little "coffee" comment ruined this thread.

I'm just sick of wiseguys like you thinking your 2 cents means $hit. A simple congrats would have done fine. But no, you're a Memphis fan with a "better than you" attitude and had to throw in some idiotic jab after our team clinched the regular season title.

If you think your one liners are cute, then fine. Nobody else does and I'm sick of them ruining every f**king thread on this board.
02-27-2005 02:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.