Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GCU vs. Bakersfield
Bookmark and Share
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
GCU vs. Bakersfield
I would say this is the game of the week for the WAC even though every Aggie game is the game of the week for me. I'm not discounting Chicago State. I respect them a lot. In spite of their financial circumstances and all the crap surrounding the school at the moment Chicago State remains competitive every week so the Aggies need to bring their A game tonight. However, Bakersfield vs. GCU is the game to see if your a WAC fan. GCU's advantage is the home crowd. However, if they play Bakersfield like they have been playing lately they are going to lose at home. I'm actually going for GCU in this game. Need some separation from the pack. Good luck vs. Bakersfield. I think you're going to need it.
02-04-2017 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Trod0 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NMSU
RE: GCU vs. Bakersfield
Going for GCU as well. The Aggies are going to have to play a lot better when we travel to these schools. To me we aren't playing as good as we were in December and early January. I'm hoping we didn't peak to early.
02-04-2017 11:57 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
Lopes have to do a lot of things well to have a chance. Most of them have been weaknesses as of late. CSUB is excellent on offensive glass & at turning teams over. If Lopes don't box out (13 ORB for Bake), Runners will dominate in second chance points (11 CSUB 2nd chance pts). If GCU has some of the lazy passing and careless turnovers (18 GCU TOs) we've seen all season, there will be a lot of Bake on the break (4x as many fast break pts as GCU).

GCU will have opportunities, but it's up to them to capitalize. Runners will foul and send Lopes to the line (I'm already mentally preparing for Barnes' incessant whining and childish antics w/officials), but GCU HAS to make a stinking FT (9 missed FTs in a game decided by 3). Especially the guys over 6'4 (They went 3-7). While Runners are lock-down defenders inside the arc, they have also proven vulnerable from 3. If GCU has anyone who actually wants to try making some 3s tonight (6-22, for an abysmal 27.3% 3PT%) it just might keep us in it.

All that said, I'm not sure I'd be putting money on the Lopes tonight. The crowd will be hyped (7200+ sellout) as always, but the team doesn't get bonus points for atmosphere (Runners totally unfazed. Bouncing around pre-game like it was a home crowd for them). My prediction is the first team to 10 wins the game. That is about what GCU has been spotting teams before they wake up and actually play. There is no way they stand a chance if thst is the case tonight (Lopes had their chance, but tightened in the stretch & played not to lose rather than playing to win. Runners looked every bit the seasoned, mentally tough team they've become under Barnes).
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2017 02:10 AM by gleadley.)
02-04-2017 12:22 PM
Advertisement

RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
We'll see which 'Runners team shows up. Can they close? Will they hit t
From the FT line tonight? I'd say pick-em/toss up tonight at the moment.

Currently mobile....but not necessarily upwardly.
02-04-2017 02:50 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
(02-04-2017 12:22 PM)gleadley Wrote:  Lopes have to do a lot of things well to have a chance. Most of them have been weaknesses as of late. CSUB is excellent on offensive glass & at turning teams over. If Lopes don't box out (13 ORB for Bake), Runners will dominate in second chance points (11 CSUB 2nd chance pts). If GCU has some of the lazy passing and careless turnovers (18 GCU TOs) we've seen all season, there will be a lot of Bake on the break (4x as many fast break pts as GCU).

GCU will have opportunities, but it's up to them to capitalize. Runners will foul and send Lopes to the line (I'm already mentally preparing for Barnes' incessant whining and childish antics w/officials), but GCU HAS to make a stinking FT (9 missed FTs in a game decided by 3). Especially the guys over 6'4 (They went 3-7). While Runners are lock-down defenders inside the arc, they have also proven vulnerable from 3. If GCU has anyone who actually wants to try making some 3s tonight (6-22, for an abysmal 27.3% 3PT%) it just might keep us in it.

All that said, I'm not sure I'd be putting money on the Lopes tonight. The crowd will be hyped (7200+ sellout) as always, but the team doesn't get bonus points for atmosphere (Runners totally unfazed. Bouncing around pre-game like it was a home crowd for them). My prediction is the first team to 10 wins the game. That is about what GCU has been spotting teams before they wake up and actually play. There is no way they stand a chance if thst is the case tonight (Lopes had their chance, but tightened in the stretch & played not to lose rather than playing to win. Runners looked every bit the seasoned, mentally tough team they've become under Barnes).

Updated w/stats. Get those Runners some coffee, because they're closers. GCU needs to shift gears & start getting inexperienced guys meaningful minutes. Let them make the mistakes now, when it doesn't mean a thing.
02-05-2017 03:10 AM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
(02-05-2017 03:10 AM)gleadley Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 12:22 PM)gleadley Wrote:  Lopes have to do a lot of things well to have a chance. Most of them have been weaknesses as of late. CSUB is excellent on offensive glass & at turning teams over. If Lopes don't box out (13 ORB for Bake), Runners will dominate in second chance points (11 CSUB 2nd chance pts). If GCU has some of the lazy passing and careless turnovers (18 GCU TOs) we've seen all season, there will be a lot of Bake on the break (4x as many fast break pts as GCU).

Updated w/stats. Get those Runners some coffee, because they're closers. GCU needs to shift gears & start getting inexperienced guys meaningful minutes. Let them make the mistakes now, when it doesn't mean a thing.

Good game, 'Lopes. Yah, I was surprised how the 'Runners were able to close...pleasantly surprised. Didn't watch, but followed on Twitter.
Seeding for Vegas is always a plus. This is where Majerle and staff have to find a good balance.

We can all be thankful, that the WAC is growing to where its not just one good team anymore. Three in the mix this year.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2017 11:26 AM by RunnerBall.)
02-05-2017 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.