Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Officials announce "Calexit" proposal
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/...ation.html

Quote:establish California as separate nation
Published January 27, 2017 FoxNews.com
Facebook Twitter livefyre Email Print

Now Playing

Will California secede from US following Trump's election?

A proposal for California to secede from the United States was submitted to the Secretary of State’s Office Thursday.

The proposed “Calexit” initiative - its name borrowed from the UK's "Brexit" departure from the EU - would ask voters to repeal part of the state constitution that declares California an inseparable part of the U.S.

A recent poll found that one in three California residents would support a possible secession from the U.S. due to their opposition to President Trump. No mention has been made of the president in the proposal.

If the proposal qualifies for the ballot and is approved by voters, it could be a step to a future vote on whether the state would break away from the rest of the nation.

Secretary of State Alex Padilla said the group behind the proposal, Yes California Independence Campaign, was cleared to begin attempting to collect nearly 600,000 voter signatures needed to place the plan on the ballot.

"In our view, the United States of America represents so many things that conflict with Californian values, and our continued statehood means California will continue subsidizing the other states to our own detriment, and to the detriment of our children," the Yes campaign's website says.
01-27-2017 12:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

2-Hood-Rich Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU
RE: Officials announce "Calexit" proposal
PLEASE, God make this happen.
01-27-2017 01:01 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
Remember when California moonbats laughed at Texas for talking session?
01-27-2017 01:02 PM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Do we really want another third-world nation on our doorstep?
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-27-2017 12:59 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/...ation.html

Now Playing

A proposal for California to secede from the United States was submitted to the Secretary of State’s Office Thursday.

The proposed “Calexit” initiative - its name borrowed from the UK's "Brexit" departure from the EU - would ask voters to repeal part of the state constitution that declares California an inseparable part of the U.S.

A recent poll found that one in three California residents would support a possible secession from the U.S. due to their opposition to President Trump. No mention has been made of the president in the proposal.

If the proposal qualifies for the ballot and is approved by voters, it could be a step to a future vote on whether the state would break away from the rest of the nation.

Secretary of State Alex Padilla said the group behind the proposal, Yes California Independence Campaign, was cleared to begin attempting to collect nearly 600,000 voter signatures needed to place the plan on the ballot.

"In our view, the United States of America represents so many things that conflict with Californian values, and our continued statehood means California will continue subsidizing the other states to our own detriment, and to the detriment of our children," the Yes campaign's website says.

Haha!! Hot air!! We could only be so lucky.
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
One on one trade deals line by line. This move would assuredly have given President Donald J Trump and overwhelming "popular vote" victory.
01-27-2017 01:04 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
And then watch NY, New England, Oregon, Hawai'i, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, NJ, Washington follow in short order.

Then watch conservative states like Texas and Alaska do it for their own purposes. Oh and Utah too.

If they let California go, the NE + NY would follow immediately and then....who is going to pay for all the subsidies to the red states?

---

Expect Nevada to follow California. And Arizona too. Those states need California more than they need Oklahoma.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2017 01:07 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
01-27-2017 01:05 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
As likely to happen as me banging a super model tonight.07-coffee3
01-27-2017 01:07 PM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(01-27-2017 01:05 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  And then watch NY, New England, Oregon, Hawai'i, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, NJ, Washington follow in short order.

Then watch conservative states like Texas and Alaska do it for their own purposes.

You gotta give some kind of warning before you do this. Now I have to clean coffee off my monitor. But thanks for the laugh. This may be your best one yet.
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(01-27-2017 01:05 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  And then watch NY, New England, Oregon, Hawai'i, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, NJ, Washington follow in short order.

Then watch conservative states like Texas and Alaska do it for their own purposes.

If they let California go, the NE + NY would follow immediately and then....who is going to pay for all the subsidies to the red states?

Power to the States!04-rock

Glad to see you on board Tom!04-rock
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(01-27-2017 01:05 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  If they let California go, the NE + NY would follow immediately and then....who is going to pay for all the subsidies to the red states?

And if a cow had balls it'd be a bull...
01-27-2017 01:09 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(01-27-2017 01:07 PM)Dasville Wrote:  

I'm not on board. Just pointing out how this would work in practice. Also, massive problems WITHIN states. Houston and the RGV and Austin would try to seceede from Texas. Some crazy in Tule County would start a fight with the California folks. Miami/FLL would try to secede from Florida.
01-27-2017 01:09 PM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

34% of welfare recipients live in California.

12% of the population live in California.

Later.
01-27-2017 01:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I wonder if California will have open borders?
01-27-2017 01:11 PM
Curumim Offline
1st String

I Root For: Navy
But I thought he would not divide us

Sent from my SM-N910C using CSNbbs mobile app
01-27-2017 01:12 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(01-27-2017 01:09 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

I'm not on board. Just pointing out how this would work in practice. Also, massive problems WITHIN states. Houston and the RGV and Austin would try to seceede from Texas. Some crazy in Tule County would start a fight with the California folks. Miami/FLL would try to secede from Florida.

Good!04-rock
01-27-2017 01:12 PM
Advertisement

2-Hood-Rich Offline
Bench Warmer

Yep. I'm fine with 100% of that.
01-27-2017 01:13 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
(01-27-2017 01:07 PM)appst89 Wrote:  

You gotta give some kind of warning before you do this. Now I have to clean coffee off my monitor. But thanks for the laugh. This may be your best one yet.

right??? 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
01-27-2017 01:15 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
Lets trade California for Puerto Rico... who is on board??
01-27-2017 01:16 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(01-27-2017 12:59 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/...ation.html

Now Playing

We need some very smart engineers that can design the wall footings across Lake Tahoe.
01-27-2017 01:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.