Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Suggestions for the new forums
Bookmark and Share
herdthat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Okay guys, use this thread to give us ideas and suggestions for the new forums here at CUSA BBS.

The color scheme will hopefully change today, that's one. Any others?
03-11-2005 08:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

crosssabre
Unregistered

A private moderators board? 03-wink

Countdown to kick-off clock.

Hopefully the color scheme will be close to what the old board was, I liked it.
03-11-2005 08:15 AM
Quote this message in a reply
herdyankee Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I'm with Jared re the color scheme and look. I noticed somewhere that Kenny was asking about a general talk room and herdzoned (?) replied that there was one for the whole neighborhood and I actually have mixed feelings about that. While I realize that people can come down our street if they live in the neighborhood, we could still have more localized conversations about things other than sports here. If we want broader conversation we can go to the room that herdzoned mentioned. I'm a lightweight poster though so my preferences probably aren't reflective of the more seasoned posters.....jc... 04-bow
03-11-2005 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrherd05 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

WAAAAYYYYY to many pictures in the bodies of the text. Is there anything at all we can do about that. You have to sort throught the pics to find the posts.
03-11-2005 08:51 AM
Advertisement

herdyankee Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

mrherd05 Wrote:WAAAAYYYYY to many pictures in the bodies of the text. Is there anything at all we can do about that. You have to sort throught the pics to find the posts.
Agreed...
03-11-2005 09:28 AM
MARSHALL 77 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Need some Marshall avatars , not players but Marco and some things like that , maybe a great big M or an M with THE HERD in the middle...I like the colors so far . The countdown to kick off clock as mentioned would be cool , ck the one on the MEMPHIS board , maybe something like that.

MARSHALL 77
03-11-2005 10:13 PM
marshallisqbu Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall !!!!

mrherd05 Wrote:WAAAAYYYYY to many pictures in the bodies of the text. Is there anything at all we can do about that. You have to sort throught the pics to find the posts.
YOu can turn off signatures in your profile if that is what you are referring to.
03-12-2005 11:08 AM
Advertisement

AmeriKenny Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

marshallisqbu Wrote:
YOu can turn off signatures in your profile if that is what you are referring to.
What they're talking about is the photos OTHERS have in their signatures. Some pics are so big that you have to scroll more than 2 pages to get to an actual post... 03-pissed
03-12-2005 12:10 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

When you all unpin/unsticky some of these things you have way to many things pinned and stickied right now. I will put the schedule that Derby made again and it can be a sticky again.
03-12-2005 12:20 PM
marshallisqbu Offline
All American

Kenny you turn off the other people's signatures.
03-12-2005 05:22 PM
Advertisement

herd0ne Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I agree to many pictures in the sigs. Is that what makes this board load so slow? But we(herdthat) are the new guy here & I doubt we can change anything. Nor should we try.
03-12-2005 06:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
marshallisqbu Offline
All American

To turn off signatures, go to my controls, then board settings I believe, then check no to viewing signatures.
03-12-2005 06:45 PM
AmeriKenny Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Well what about the GOOD signatures? Why does one bad apple have to ruin the whole bunch? :bang:
03-14-2005 12:34 AM
Advertisement

NT75
Unregistered

herd0ne Wrote:I agree to many pictures in the sigs. Is that what makes this board load so slow? But we(herdthat) are the new guy here & I doubt we can change anything. Nor should we try.
If you are on 56k.. two options that can really increase load speed (at the cost of eye candy):

In my controls:
- Turn off viewing of signatures
- Turn off viewing of board images

You can do any combination of those you want until you're happy. If it's just one big ole sig that's the problem.. why not just ask the guy to size it down some?
03-14-2005 02:20 AM
Quote this message in a reply
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

herd0ne Wrote:I agree to many pictures in the sigs. Is that what makes this board load so slow? But we(herdthat) are the new guy here & I doubt we can change anything. Nor should we try.
Ive been here since the end of '03, I guess that makes me the old guy. Or the guy around the block a time or 2. My sig. has been about the same since I got here.
03-14-2005 12:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.