Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

30cat, Now Pruett is gone
Bookmark and Share
MU MIke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

So 30cat, do you think Marshall picks up alot of support from the WVU fans now that Pruett is gone?

Motown Mounty and Putnam Al always claimed they were big Marshall fans that couldn't stand Pruett. Both have said many times that they use to go to Marshall games all the time and would return upon Pruett's departure. I look for them to pick their green back up and start talking positive about the herd, you?
03-11-2005 11:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

30CAT Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

MU MIke Wrote:So 30cat, do you think Marshall picks up alot of support from the WVU fans now that Pruett is gone?

Motown Mounty and Putnam Al always claimed they were big Marshall fans that couldn't stand Pruett. Both have said many times that they use to go to Marshall games all the time and would return upon Pruett's departure. I look for them to pick their green back up and start talking positive about the herd, you?
I don't know if it was one of those two or not, didn't pay attention, but on the Blue Lot, one WVU poster said, and I quote, "Great! Now I can start rooting for Marshall again!"

I'll leave my past opinions of Pruett where they are. All I can say is that I feel for the man and wish him nothing but the best. His PC was heart gripping and I myself in no way would have the heart to rip him now. It's a shame he had to go before a new series started with WVU....A crying shame. Even more sad, is that he left and we ALL know he didn't want to go. I hate to see him go out like that, planned or not. In a perfect world, no way would have he left at this point....I feel very bad for him and in a lot of ways, I feel guilty for feeling the way I did about him in the past.

I wish he could have stayed.

"The Cat" 8)
03-11-2005 11:37 AM
yaherd83 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

30CAT Wrote:
MU MIke Wrote:So 30cat, do you think Marshall picks up alot of support from the WVU fans now that Pruett is gone? 

Motown Mounty and Putnam Al always claimed they were big Marshall fans that couldn't stand Pruett.  Both have said many times that they use to go to Marshall games all the time and would return upon Pruett's departure.  I look for them to pick their green back up and start talking positive about the herd, you?
I don't know if it was one of those two or not, didn't pay attention, but on the Blue Lot, one WVU poster said, and I quote, "Great! Now I can start rooting for Marshall again!"

I'll leave my past opinions of Pruett where they are. All I can say is that I feel for the man and wish him nothing but the best. His PC was heart gripping and I myself in no way would have the heart to rip him now. It's a shame he had to go before a new series started with WVU....A crying shame. Even more sad, is that he left and we ALL know he didn't want to go. I hate to see him go out like that, planned or not. In a perfect world, no way would have he left at this point....I feel very bad for him and in a lot of ways, I feel guilty for feeling the way I did about him in the past.

I wish he could have stayed.

"The Cat" 8)
how sweet, a mountaineer fan has a heart. :rofl:
03-11-2005 11:45 AM
Advertisement

MU MIke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

My son said right after the Fort Worth Bowl that Pruett had coached his last football game. He saw it in his eyes. I admire a coach that doesn't stay too long, look at poor JoPa at Penn State. Coach Pruett is the same age as my Dad when he retired. He enjoyed every moment of retirement and wouldn't have gone back for all the tea in China. I hope Pruett has the same success.
03-11-2005 11:57 AM
30CAT Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

MU MIke Wrote:My son said right after the Fort Worth Bowl that Pruett had coached his last football game. He saw it in his eyes. I admire a coach that doesn't stay too long, look at poor JoPa at Penn State. Coach Pruett is the same age as my Dad when he retired. He enjoyed every moment of retirement and wouldn't have gone back for all the tea in China. I hope Pruett has the same success.
I wouldn't have thought it would be this year, especially the timing...I figured after this year, probably next. We all knew it was coming though, I just didn't think it would be like this. I was thinking more of a Nehlen-type departure, where he would have said "This is my last year. I am retiring at the conclusion."

Hopefully it doesn't effect the players. MU may end up with a few transfers.

"The Cat" 03-cool
03-11-2005 12:28 PM
jn4theHERD Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

30CAT

I'm afraid that we're going to lose a few recruits as well. Bad thing is this is one of our top classes ever.

Crossing my fingers

GoHERD
jn
03-13-2005 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.