Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2020 - New Bowl agreements. What would you like for your conference?
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
2020 - New Bowl agreements. What would you like for your conference?
Now that 2016-2017 College football season over. After next season completes, the next round of bowl partnerships negotiations begin. What would you like to see for your conference for 2020

ACC
Top Tier 1-3
1. Orange (Can't change until 2026)
2 Citrus/Tampa B10 Split vs SEC (Offer B10 Russell Orlando Bowl vs B12 an out where they don't lose a bowl to the ACC for playing the Orange)
3. Alamo or Liberty bowl vs B12

Mid Tier 4-7
Gator vs SEC
Belk vs SEC
Sun vs P12
Pin Stripe vs B10

Lower Tier 8-10
Texas Bowl (Houston) vs B12
Independence vs SEC
Move Detroit to Chicago vs B10

Last Bowl - 11
Military Bowl even years and Birmingham odd years vs AAC

Contingent agreements with Military and Birmingham in off years.
01-10-2017 03:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

leofrog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
RE: 2020 - New Bowl agreements. What would you like for your conference?
For the Big XII, I like what we have. Maybe do a couple of agreements with the Music City(Liberty) and Belk(Russell) bowls, but hope we keep all with about the same setup and conference tie-ins.
01-10-2017 03:21 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
If we had FCS move ups as FBS Independents? They could have gone to bowl games the last 2 years instead of 5-7 teams.
01-10-2017 05:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
$EC:

1. Playoffs
2. Sugar (vs. Big 12)
3. Orange/Citrus (vs. ACC)
4. Outback (vs. Big 10)
5. Gator (formerly TaxSlayer) (vs. ACC)
6-8. Liberty (vs. Big 12), Music City (vs. Big 10), Texas/Holiday (vs. Pac 12 - bowl alternates yearly with the Big 12)
9-11. Belk (vs. ACC), Birmingham (vs. American), Independence (vs. American)
01-10-2017 07:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
AAC, Orange, Peach, Cotton, and Sugar. after that who cares.
01-10-2017 07:26 PM
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
(01-10-2017 05:56 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  If we had FCS move ups as FBS Independents? They could have gone to bowl games the last 2 years instead of 5-7 teams.

This thread doesn't involve FCS, yet David starts with his typical......

05-deadhorse
01-10-2017 07:32 PM
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
For the MAC I'd like the following:

1) Bowl Pool (San Diego, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Mobile, MiaBeach, VaBeach)
2) Bowl Pool (San Diego, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Mobile, MiaBeach, VaBeach)
3) Bahamas vs. CUSA
4) Camellia vs. SBC
5) Potato vs. MWC

Organize the better G5 games into a bowl pool with 2 slots each for MAC, MWC, CUSA and SBC. Then 1 slot for BYU and 1 slot for the AAC who plays P5's. A new bowl in Virginia Beach in ODU's renovated stadium would be a nice addition.

I'd drop the Potato to the last slot. Worth hanging on to since its a Boise State's famous blue turf and been in the game 20 years but drop it to a 5th pick.
01-10-2017 09:44 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Assuming the bowl system is essentially the same, the MAC still has five tie-ins, and all bowls remain the same:

1. Detroit vs Big Ten - They don't want to play us, but it'd still be my number one if we could get them.
2. Mobile vs Sun Belt - Fun city that supports the game pretty well, and we have some history here.
3. Boca vs AAC - Not an awful timeslot like Miami Beach, not as remote and logistically difficult as the Bahamas.
4. New Orleans vs CUSA - No reason for this not to be C-USA vs Sun Belt, but if we could play the C-USA anywhere NOLA is a great place for it.
5. Hawaii vs MWC - If we're gonna play the Mountain West in some remote game, it might as well be a paradise instead of Boise.
01-10-2017 09:58 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(01-10-2017 09:44 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  For the MAC I'd like the following:

3) Bahamas vs. CUSA
4) Camellia vs. SBC
5) Potato vs. MWC

Organize the better G5 games into a bowl pool with 2 slots each for MAC, MWC, CUSA and SBC. Then 1 slot for BYU and 1 slot for the AAC who plays P5's. A new bowl in Virginia Beach in ODU's renovated stadium would be a nice addition.

I'd drop the Potato to the last slot. Worth hanging on to since its a Boise State's famous blue turf and been in the game 20 years but drop it to a 5th pick.

The MAC days in Vegas ended in 1996 with the last Big West champ vs MAC Champ match up. The MWC will be lucky to keep it and it's their Bowl. You'll never get BYU to play you in a bowl. You'll never get the Holiday or Poinsetta, but maybe the Poinsetta as a back up (like you were before) if the AAC or BYU can't fill it.
Cheers!
01-10-2017 09:58 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(01-10-2017 03:08 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Now that 2016-2017 College football season over. After next season completes, the next round of bowl partnerships negotiations begin. What would you like to see for your conference for 2020

ACC
Top Tier 1-3
2 Citrus/Tampa B10 Split vs SEC (Offer B10 Russell Orlando Bowl vs B12 an out where they don't lose a bowl to the ACC for playing the Orange)

Mid Tier 4-7
Gator vs SEC
Belk vs SEC
Sun vs P12
Pin Stripe vs B10

Lower Tier 8-10
Independence vs SEC

Last Bowl - 11

Damn, one ACC fan who wants nothing to do with the AAC....I suspect only Navy in the Military vs your 11/12 is acceptable to you? Kind of harsh.

Cheers!
01-10-2017 10:00 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
For CUSA in no particular order:

Florida (1-2)
Texas (1-2)
New Orleans
East Coast, either existing (Belk, Military) or a new/moved one (Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Norfolk).
Bahamas (it basically exists because of CUSA) (the bowl, not the islands or the country)

Would like to do away with New Mexico/Arizona/Hawaii (one inaccessible tropical paradise game is enough)
01-10-2017 10:07 PM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
I think the "Detroit Bowl" could basically take MAC vs B1G/ACC. There'll always be a WMU, CMU, Toledo, or BGSU (or even EMU!) to fill in that MAC spot which will draw At Least as many fans as some 6-6 B1G team. And a 6-6 MSU or UM, no, is never going to go to it regardless. So it being an up-north bowl -- it needs a local yocal every year. Best to have the MAC as an option for it as the attendance dipped even more after they kicked the MAC out.

Overall, I'd like to see more G5 vs P5.... but unlike the above, that's not in the best interest of all of college football. Maybe some "minimum rule" -- and more fluidity and less conference locks -- to allow it so there Could be more without sacrificing crowd potential (which would basically benefit southern G5s).
01-10-2017 10:17 PM
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
American
1) Peach Bowl or Cotton Bowl
2) Russell Bowl vs ACC
3) Birmingham Bowl vs SEC
4) St Pete Bowl vs ACC/MAC
5) Miami Bowl vs SEC/BYU/Army
6) Armed Forces Bowl vs Big 12
7) Military Bowl vs ACC
8) Boca Bowl vs CUSA
9) Hawaii Bowl vs MWC
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2017 10:20 PM by Carolina_Low_Country.)
01-10-2017 10:19 PM
techdawg28 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
For C-USA, I'd like to dump Bahamas and Hawaii and pick up a couple on the east coast so the east division teams don't get the short end of the stick. Maybe one more Texas bowl, and it would be nice to have an additional bowl vs a P5, especially when the B1G or Big XII can't fill HOD.
01-10-2017 10:22 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-10-2017 10:00 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(01-10-2017 03:08 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Now that 2016-2017 College football season over. After next season completes, the next round of bowl partnerships negotiations begin. What would you like to see for your conference for 2020

ACC
Top Tier 1-3

Mid Tier 4-7
Gator vs SEC
Belk vs SEC
Sun vs P12
Pin Stripe vs B10

Lower Tier 8-10
Independence vs SEC

Last Bowl - 11

Damn, one ACC fan who wants nothing to do with the AAC....I suspect only Navy in the Military vs your 11/12 is acceptable to you? Kind of harsh.

Cheers!

Not sure what upset you? St. Pete is a bowl the ACC is likely not going to keep. I thought having ACC/SEC switch off locations would be a nice change using Military & Birmingham. Just would like to see a 2nd ACC vs B12 game in the bowl tie-in. Thought was the best way to keep the AAC bowls in the area. I would have put this as last bowl with any other G5 conference.
01-10-2017 10:36 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-10-2017 10:00 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

ACC
Top Tier 1-3

Mid Tier 4-7
Gator vs SEC
Belk vs SEC
Sun vs P12
Pin Stripe vs B10

Lower Tier 8-10
Independence vs SEC

Last Bowl - 11

Cheers!

Not sure what upset you? St. Pete is a bowl the ACC is likely not going to keep. I thought having ACC/SEC switch off locations would be a nice change using Military & Birmingham. Just would like to see a 2nd ACC vs B12 game in the bowl tie-in. Thought was the best way to keep the AAC bowls in the area. I would have put this as last bowl with any other G5 conference.
01-10-2017 10:36 PM
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
(01-10-2017 09:58 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(01-10-2017 09:44 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  For the MAC I'd like the following:

3) Bahamas vs. CUSA
4) Camellia vs. SBC
5) Potato vs. MWC

The MAC days in Vegas ended in 1996 with the last Big West champ vs MAC Champ match up. The MWC will be lucky to keep it and it's their Bowl. You'll never get BYU to play you in a bowl. You'll never get the Holiday or Poinsetta, but maybe the Poinsetta as a back up (like you were before) if the AAC or BYU can't fill it.
Cheers!

Does the MAC have any bowl games because it really deserves it?

It lives and dies by the fact that it is an FBS conference and there is bowl saturation out to 40 bowl games with every 6-6 team finding a slot.

That is why the MAC has 3 slots in the bowl pool not because it brings fans or anything special to the table.

I was asked on here what I want and that is a bowl pool where the MAC #1 and #2 could be slipped in somewhere, be it Las Vegas or Miami....wherever there isn't a better option.

Think NIU vs. SDSU in San Diego or WMU vs. ODU in Virginia Beach. 12 slots total in the bowl pool and after the 6 more regional desirable teams are selected fit us in somewhere.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2017 10:49 PM by Kittonhead.)
01-10-2017 10:48 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I'd like to see the top MAC schools get a bowl game against a good opponent. NIU played Marshall one year and Boise another year. Both were good teams, sadly NIU didn't do well in either, but at least it was a good opponent. Actually I felt sorry for Boise as we were on QB #2 who really should have been #3 or #4.

It doesn't need to be a P5, just a good team, that's all I want, for years when the MAC team deserves it. Like if WMU didn't get the access bowl this year, for example.

Edit: one more thing, it would be nice to have a bowl that MAC fans could drive to in a reasonable time. Maybe in Kentucky, or Tennessee, or St. Louis or something.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 10:45 AM by NIU007.)
01-10-2017 11:12 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-10-2017 07:32 PM)utpotts Wrote:  
(01-10-2017 05:56 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  If we had FCS move ups as FBS Independents? They could have gone to bowl games the last 2 years instead of 5-7 teams.

This thread doesn't involve FCS, yet David starts with his typical......

05-deadhorse

And even then he is wrong. The would simply add 2 more bowls.
01-11-2017 08:49 AM
Phil Lacio Offline
Banned

I Root For: Ghetto State U.
(01-10-2017 07:26 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  AAC, Orange, Peach, Cotton, and Sugar. after that who cares.

Seeing as the Peach and Cotton have no conference contracts and are designated at large/G5, we should start negotiating with them immediately. The Orange and Sugar require 50 million dollar payouts to each conference involved, so that's outside our budget, unless we can get the Houston billionaires or FedEx to cut some big checks in exchange for corporate sponsoring.
01-11-2017 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.