Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNCW
Bookmark and Share
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
UNCW
This is the type of effort we need to take down the Seahawks again. Look at the energy from this performance. I know some critical guys are gone, but they played so hard and so well during this performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RGydC3hyw
01-09-2017 07:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: UNCW
Clip the pandion haliaetus' wings.

One Tribe. One Family.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 08:44 PM by Tribal.)
01-09-2017 08:44 PM
WMtribe17 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
(01-09-2017 07:50 PM)TribePride91 Wrote:  This is the type of effort we need to take down the Seahawks again. Look at the energy from this performance. I know some critical guys are gone, but they played so hard and so well during this performance.

Not sure clips from last year will help when Tarpey and Sheldon probably displayed more effort than the rest of the team combined game in and game out
01-09-2017 08:46 PM
WMtribe17 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
That being said, I hope to god we defend Ingram this time. Otherwise he will kill us from 3 again
01-09-2017 08:49 PM
TribePride91 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(01-09-2017 08:46 PM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 07:50 PM)TribePride91 Wrote:  This is the type of effort we need to take down the Seahawks again. Look at the energy from this performance. I know some critical guys are gone, but they played so hard and so well during this performance.

Not sure clips from last year will help when Tarpey and Sheldon probably displayed more effort than the rest of the team combined game in and game out

Clearly nearly all of us recognized how important and special Marcus Thornton was to the program, but I think we also now see that Tarpey was very significant as well.
In the UNCW game last season(which included a 23-0 run), Tarpey was all over the court and played so hard, but you can see significant effort in that highlight from everyone, including Cohn, Malinowski and Prewitt. But, I do recognize the void in energy and leadership left by Tarpey and Sheldon's absence. Hopefully, this year's team is beginning to find its leader and spark. Clearly, we have seen that we need great effort, especially at the defensive end to compete against the top teams. I don't think this team is a finished product yet, and we probably don't want it to be for another 2 months.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2017 02:20 PM by TribePride91.)
01-10-2017 02:17 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
Tarpey and Sheldon were matchup nightmares for us last year. Sheldon could score against Gettys and run the floor, and Tarpey could attack the basket to break the press, then turn around and defend. Those two really imposed their will on us. I know I was glad we avoided you in the CAA tournament.

This year, the tables will be turned. A zone no longer works against us because we can light it up from three, and with Gettys gone we play much faster, rebound better, press much harder, and finish much better. Cacok is a beast in the post, and when we go to the bench very good shooters come in. We still aren't great in defending one on one, but now we can flat out put points on the board. Last year we'd have stretches of 5-6 minutes without a basket and that never happens this year.

On paper this should be close, but we owe you a home court beat down from last year. Students are back, and our attendance has been pretty good without them, so Trask should be packed. As always, looking forward to this matchup.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2017 06:40 PM by 82hawk.)
01-10-2017 06:39 PM
Advertisement

Pete24 Offline
Bench Warmer

Here's some 'News You Can Use' regarding the UNCW game ...

- The Tribe was unable to practice on Saturday, Sunday & Monday, due to The College being closed (according to Daily Press reporter Dave Johnson, who spoke with Shaver Monday). Will be interesting to see how that affects W&M.

- UNCW leads the all-time series 41-26 -- but the Tribe has won 7 of the last 8 matchups, including 3 of the last 4 in Wilmington.

- UNCW & W&M are the 2 top offenses in the CAA (and both are in the top 50 nationally). UNCW averages 86.8 ppg, the Tribe 81.3 ppg.

- UNCW, defending CAA champs, are 15-2 overall and a perfect 4-0 in CAA play. The Seahawks are currently ranked No. 4 in the CollegeInsiders.com
Mid-Major Top 25.

- The Seahawks have a balanced offense, with 4 players averaging over 14 ppg. They take care of the basketball, ranking 9th nationally with a turnover margin of +5.2.

- UNCW coach Kevin Keatts is a Virginia native. Went to Lynchburg's Heritage High School & played at DIII Ferrum. Coached 10 seasons at Hargrave Military Academy & won 2 prep National Championships. Spent 4 years as an assistant coach to Rick Pitino at Louisville ('11-'14) before UNCW hired him in '14.

- Keatts is among the hottest mid-major coaches in the country. With a 58-24 record in his 3rd year at UNCW, youth (44 yrs old) -- along with his Louisville/Pitino pedigree -- look for Keatts to be a candidate for the next ACC coaching vacancy (Wake Forest / Clemson /NC State).

-
01-11-2017 10:30 AM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Gameday folks. Pretty disappointed there hasn't been any trash talk yet!
01-12-2017 08:39 AM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

(01-12-2017 08:39 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  Gameday folks. Pretty disappointed there hasn't been any trash talk yet!

tempered expectations...
01-12-2017 08:46 AM
Tribal Offline

(01-12-2017 08:39 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  Gameday folks. Pretty disappointed there hasn't been any trash talk yet!
We've won 7 of the last 8 and you haven't beaten us at your place in a few years...we save the trash talk for real competition. Just tell your fellow birdies to not throw frizbees on the court and tell your players to not shoulder bump Shaver after we win again...umm-kay?

One Tribe. One Family.
01-12-2017 09:36 AM
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

(01-12-2017 09:36 AM)Tribal Wrote:  
We've won 7 of the last 8 and you haven't beaten us at your place in a few years...we save the trash talk for real competition. Just tell your fellow birdies to not throw frizbees on the court and tell your players to not shoulder bump Shaver after we win again...umm-kay?

One Tribe. One Family.
Well, unfortunately they beat us there last year, but who's counting....

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
01-12-2017 09:46 AM
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

My friend once dated a chick from UNCW. She was crazy. Does that count as trash talk?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
01-12-2017 09:51 AM
TribePride2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: William&Mary
I think this is a key game for the tribe, hopefully we can pull it out.
01-12-2017 10:08 AM
WMTRIBE75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WILLIAM & MARY
(01-12-2017 10:08 AM)TribePride2 Wrote:  I think this is a key game for the tribe, hopefully we can pull it out.

Win or lose, the real key tonight is for us to give a great effort and walk off of the court knowing that we can compete with this team and be one of the top teams in the league when the dust settles. At the end of the day the one game against this bunch that is really important is the one that we hopefully play against them in March on a neutral court.

We can score with these guys but I feel that we will lose a shootout at their place. If we can contest the three pointers (something that we have not done all year), limit turnovers, and make them pay for their press, we can win the game. If we win, David Cohn will have been the most valuable player of the game.

Its time for the old Omar to return.
01-12-2017 10:26 AM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I hope our press break has improved since the end of the Elon game. Otherwise it's gonna be a long night.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
01-12-2017 10:35 AM
WMTribe90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tribe
(01-12-2017 10:26 AM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 10:08 AM)TribePride2 Wrote:  I think this is a key game for the tribe, hopefully we can pull it out.

Win or lose, the real key tonight is for us to give a great effort and walk off of the court knowing that we can compete with this team and be one of the top teams in the league when the dust settles. At the end of the day the one game against this bunch that is really important is the one that we hopefully play against them in March on a neutral court.

We can score with these guys but I feel that we will lose a shootout at their place. If we can contest the three pointers (something that we have not done all year), limit turnovers, and make them pay for their press, we can win the game. If we win, David Cohn will have been the most valuable player of the game.

Its time for the old Omar to return.

+1
01-12-2017 10:36 AM
Advertisement

82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW

One Tribe. One Family.

Army, Northwestern, Citadel, St. Francis - Brooklyn, William and Mary

DREAM BIG

Duke- https://youtu.be/objoKVBgXAY
USC - https://youtu.be/Gp9jHY2mIGI
GW - https://youtu.be/_FOp4FYLGgI
Maryland - https://youtu.be/JxrJjSIULl0
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 10:58 AM by 82hawk.)
01-12-2017 10:45 AM
Hall of Famer

There we go! lol.
01-12-2017 10:51 AM
Hall of Famer

(01-12-2017 09:51 AM)zablenoise Wrote:  My friend once dated a chick from UNCW. She was crazy. Does that count as trash talk?

Not really, because with hot chicks comes the expectation they'll be crazier than average. SEE - Hot/Crazy matrix video below:

01-12-2017 10:53 AM
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

UNCW
Need a big tag team game from Jack and Nathan to bother them on both ends of the court and free up our perimeter defense and offense. Our better depth could be a difference with fatigue and fouls at the end of a fast paced game. Loss expected, so, a win could galvanize this team the rest of the way. Will be interesting to see if Tony and staff pull out any new wrinkles for this game. Go Tribe!

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
01-12-2017 10:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.