Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How bout a Fun Thread 'bout 'Cruitin'....
Bookmark and Share
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
How bout a Fun Thread 'bout 'Cruitin'....
instead of all this Debbie Downer stuff?

Looks like most of our last recruits will be 3*, with hopefully 2 or 3 from Mississippi.
Think we have a good chance on Archie (no, not Manning!), Thomas and Gainer, with our chief rival being Memphis (remember when that woulda been a slam dunk the last 95 years?).

Also, one of the top RB and LB in Florida will be visiting USM real soon-like, and it is up to BDR to create a distraction (like run around campus in his OP underwear waving a webbel flag 03-lmfao), so these guys DO NOT make it to a basketburl game.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 05:10 PM by eaglebeaver.)
01-05-2017 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

va-eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: How bout a Fun Thread 'bout 'Cruitin'....
(01-05-2017 05:00 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  instead of all this Debbie Downer stuff?

Looks like most of our last recruits will be 3*, with hopefully 2 or 3 from Mississippi.
Think we have a good chance on Archie (no, not Manning!), Thomas and Gainer, with our chief rival being Memphis (remember when that woulda been a slam dunk the last 95 years?).

Also, one of the top RB and LB in Florida will be visiting USM real soon-like, and it is up to BDR to create a distraction (like run around campus in his OP underwear waving a webbel flag 03-lmfao), so these guys DO NOT make it to a basketburl game.

looks like there is 1 less commit from a couple days ago, do you know if anyone decommitted recently?
01-05-2017 05:37 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2017 05:37 PM)va-eagle Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 05:00 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  instead of all this Debbie Downer stuff?

looks like there is 1 less commit from a couple days ago, do you know if anyone decommitted recently?

Maybe one of our early commitments from Florida, many of which were wishful thinking on the recruit's part, I believe.

Last de-commit I saw was our senior center's little bro'....

IF IF IF (yes, IF 02-13-banana) we can sign Maberry, Sheffield and Woullard, we will have a trio of backs similar to the Richard/Ito duo of 2015.

Although Old Mrs is damaged recruiting-wise, mostly it is SEC schools and FL State and Loserville taking advantage (in the not too distant past it woulda been USM, which it aint anymore, due to more reasons than I can list right now)...although the trickle down effect IS helping us. I see us closing quite well in February----GAINING 3 stars at the end, instead of losing them, as we have the last 5 years.04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 06:19 PM by eaglebeaver.)
01-05-2017 06:17 PM
Ace Barker Offline
Banned

I Root For: BSC and USM
Gotta pay for that stuff

Ace...
01-05-2017 08:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

I honestly think our recruiting is better off when Ole Miss is recruiting at an elite level like they were a couple years ago. That way they leave a lot of kids alone that are more on our level. I know of at least 2 kids this year that we thought we had until Ole Miss offered, they committed to them on the spot. Up until this year, I don't think they would have taken either of them.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Mayberry, saw him struggle in the state championship and was a non factor in the MS/AL game. Would much rather have T Rod Daniels.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 10:08 PM by Eagle9.)
01-05-2017 08:32 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2017 08:32 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  Also, I'm not a big fan of Woullard, saw him struggle in the state championship and was a non factor in the MS/AL game. Would much rather have T Rod Daniels.

Never seen Woullard play, but I have friends who say he is UNDERRATED, so who knows?

As for Daniels, it isn't that he didn't make his grades....the problem is: He DID make his grades, they just weren't very good.03-lmfao They wanted T-Rod here in the Spring, so I'd say it's 25-75 we sign him.

We are also actively recruiting JC and HS quarterbacks, since Keon's baptism under fire was not very optimistic. That being "said", do we remember how BAD Mullens was as a frosh?
01-05-2017 08:42 PM
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(01-05-2017 08:42 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  That being "said", do we remember how BAD Mullens was as a frosh?

mullens certainly wasnt great his fresh year, but he was better than the starter at the beginning of the year. he also was playing on his back most of the time. that kid took a severe beating his first two years. tough as nails.
01-05-2017 09:02 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

Yes, that 2013 O-Line was as bad as I've ever seen.
01-05-2017 09:41 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

(01-05-2017 08:32 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  I honestly think our recruiting is better off when Ole Miss is recruiting at an elite level like they were a couple years ago. That way they leave a lot of kids alone that are more on our level. I know of at least 2 kids this year that we thought we had until Ole Miss offered, they committed to them on the spot. Up until this year, I don't think they would have taken either of them.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Woullard, saw him struggle in the state championship and was a non factor in the MS/AL game. Would much rather have T Rod Daniels.

PCS didn't make the final. He ran for 250+ against Prep in the MAIS semi.
01-05-2017 09:46 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(01-05-2017 08:32 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  I honestly think our recruiting is better off when Ole Miss is recruiting at an elite level like they were a couple years ago. That way they leave a lot of kids alone that are more on our level.

i made this same comment / observation (when both UM and MSU were doing better) a couple years ago.
01-05-2017 10:04 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

I misspoke in my earlier post, I meant to say Mayberry isnstead of Woullard. I've seen Woullard play and I hope we sign him. It's Mayberry I'm not sure about. Was trying to post while watching the basketball game.
01-05-2017 10:06 PM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2017 10:04 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 08:32 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  I honestly think our recruiting is better off when Ole Miss is recruiting at an elite level like they were a couple years ago. That way they leave a lot of kids alone that are more on our level.

i made this same comment / observation (when both UM and MSU were doing better) a couple years ago.

Disagree (imagine that04-cheers)....when Old Mrs/Fail State are top-notch, the whole state is in one big orgasm, and USM isn't even in the foreplay. When they are DOWN (like this year), LSU attacks in S. Mississippi, and Tenn./Bama attack in N Mississippi, while USM gets more look-sees from border-line 3 stars who are usually looking at Op/MSUcks, while eyeing Louisville, West Virginia and the like if OP/MSUcks drop 'em.

When Fedora made recruiting in-roads, Black Bears and Cow Humpers were down-down-down (and we stole some of their corches)..

But we shall see....

Also noticed ULL/S. Alabama/La tech are not much of a threat this year, after making in-roads during our 2 year losing streak (our new nemisis is Memphis). Still curious, howevah, how Toolame has made a little splash this year in Mississippi, and why the Reddix kid is so gung-ho on Colorado State! Toolame? Colorado State?
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 10:19 PM by eaglebeaver.)
01-05-2017 10:17 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(01-05-2017 10:17 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  why the Reddix kid is so gung-ho on Colorado State! Colorado State?

Not saying it's a factor in his case because I don't at all know the kid, but I can't help but wonder how big a recruiting tool legal weed is.
01-05-2017 10:46 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2017 10:46 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 10:17 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  why the Reddix kid is so gung-ho on Colorado State! Colorado State?

Not saying it's a factor in his case because I don't at all know the kid, but I can't help but wonder how big a recruiting tool legal weed is.

Do that mean no wacky tobacky drug tests for all state of Colorado university athletes, though? Doubt it...Because I believe a lot more H.S. kids would be singin' "Colorado Rocky Mountain High" than currently are...04-cheers

What I can't figger, is why more kids don't list Univ. of Hawaii as one of their visits? (maybe UH corches recruit primarily on the web?)
01-05-2017 10:58 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

Beaver, here's where I think you're wrong. When Ole Miss was sky high, they weren't giving those borderline 3 star kids the time of day. Now they are. My argument put into more simpler terms is this: When OM was sky high, we weren't having to compete with them for any recruits at all. Every kid they were getting was basically a mid/upper tier P5 recruit. We very rarely, if ever, shop on that aisle. Now that OM is back down to earth, they are having to settle for a lot of the borderline G5/P5 recruits. That is an aisle we shop frequently and is critical to our success. And if OM offers a kid that we want, they are gonna get em 95% of the time. That's just the facts.
01-05-2017 11:11 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(01-05-2017 10:58 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  What I can't figger, is why more kids don't list Univ. of Hawaii as one of their visits? (maybe UH corches recruit primarily on the web?)

I'd imagine Hawaii is pretty selective as to whom they invite for official visits since flying in recruits from the mainland is so expensive.
01-05-2017 11:14 PM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2017 11:14 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 10:58 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  What I can't figger, is why more kids don't list Univ. of Hawaii as one of their visits? (maybe UH corches recruit primarily on the web?)

I'd imagine Hawaii is pretty selective

seen their records lately?03-lmfao
01-05-2017 11:31 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2017 11:11 PM)Eagle9 Wrote:  Beaver, I think you're wrong.

Dang, ya sound like Mrs Cleaver (or Mrs Beaver! 03-lmfao)

I hear ya 9'er....but I notice our 'cruitin' is better when they are DOWN (which is a LOT!)...so we'll just have to agree to disagree on something very subjective, my friend....

Good night and bye bye y'all...04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 11:35 PM by eaglebeaver.)
01-05-2017 11:34 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Home Team
01-05-2017 11:44 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

To answer the Hawaii question, I'm pretty sure schools only get a limited number of official visits per year. I think it's around 50 but might be wrong about that part.
01-05-2017 11:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.