Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I am sick and tired..
Bookmark and Share
lance99 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron Zips
I am sick and tired..
Of the AAC(And now CUSA) Fanboys Crapping on this Conference.

This Conference has never been about Markets, Schools, ECT. However, it is always been about a brand that other G5 Conferences envy.

I know that we banked in the Bowl Games, but Western show everyone something: We can hang with anyone, bottom line.

I have two questions: Why so much hate? Also what to do to improve?
01-02-2017 10:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: I am sick and tired..
(01-02-2017 10:04 PM)lance99 Wrote:  Of the AAC(And now CUSA) Fanboys Crapping on this Conference.

This Conference has never been about Markets, Schools, ECT. However, it is always been about a brand that other G5 Conferences envy.

I know that we banked in the Bowl Games, but Western show everyone something: We can hang with anyone, bottom line.

...because they sooo much want to be P5, but aren't. They are trying to make themselves "feel" bigger. The reality - they are in exactly the same boat as the MAC.
01-02-2017 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
(01-02-2017 10:04 PM)lance99 Wrote:  Of the AAC(And now CUSA) Fanboys Crapping on this Conference.

Eh, much like how people forget NIU was only down a single score in the 4th quarter to FSU, the WMU game will be remembered as a game Wisconsin underperformed in and still managed to win. It sucks, and it is unfair to what WMU and PJ Fleck managed to accomplish this year, but it is what the pundits will say and how casual fans will look back on it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
01-02-2017 10:09 PM
PezKingGL1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wmu
Well, the AAC is a bunch of cast-offs no one wanted that had to form their own conference. I doubt you'll change their minds on anything.
01-02-2017 10:12 PM
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
I've said it before that the MAC is a small sandbox.

It's not the AAC where everyone has their own recruiting backyard and ability to put 40,000 fans in the stands.

Only 12 FBS schools for the MAC in one region competing for many of the same recruits. But at the top in any given year the Top 4 put some nice product on the field.

Since the AAC and MAC are in direct competition right ow for the access bowl I understand the hate. Eventually they'll give an access bowl to every conference so we won't be in direct competition.

Until then there will continue to be some hate.
01-02-2017 10:55 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(01-02-2017 10:08 PM)Crebman Wrote:  

...because they sooo much want to be P5, but aren't. They are trying to make themselves "feel" bigger. The reality - they are in exactly the same boat as the MAC.

I haven't seen much nastiness from the CUSA folks.

Some AAC schools really wanted to be in the NY6 bowl as an "FU" to the Big 12 in particular for not expanding and inviting them to the party. They got teased for months, and then nothing. A little ol MAC team coming out of nowhere and taking the Cotton spot was a dose of salt in the wound.

The commish wants the whole conference to be considered a power conference because he's nervous a few top teams/markets will get snagged, and he'll be left with CUSA Part II.
01-02-2017 11:20 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
I'm envious of the MAC's tight geography.

Other than that the MAC is what it is.
01-02-2017 11:47 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-02-2017 11:47 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  I'm envious of the MAC's tight geography.

Other than that the MAC is what it is.

Actually, the MAC is what it is INCLUDING that. And the AAC is what it is. And the SEC? They are what they are. Do ALL AAC fans use that "is what it is" inanity?
01-03-2017 06:00 AM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC
Many AAC posters have raised the bar of "truthiness", as instigated by Mike Aresco, the pie-eyed piper of their league. And they have the participation trophies, err stickers, to prove it.

[Image: CwY7rQNWQAABffj.png]

#DeservesToBeMocked
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 12:25 PM by Okie Chippewa.)
01-03-2017 12:23 PM
lance99 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron Zips
(01-03-2017 12:23 PM)Okie Chippewa Wrote:  Many AAC posters have raised the bar of "truthiness and self-victimization", as instigated by Mike Aresco, the pie-eyed piper of their league. And they have the participation trophies, err stickers, to prove it.

FIFU04-cheers

[Image: CwY7rQNWQAABffj.png]

#DeservesToBeMocked
01-03-2017 12:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rocket A Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
The AAC is the Island of Misfit Toys, every single school in that Conference wants out!!!
01-03-2017 01:11 PM
inductchuck16 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
The AAC folks are idiots. They truly and honestly created a P6 moniker and refer to the rest of the so-called Group of Five conferences as G4 03-lmfao

Can't take them seriously after that.
01-03-2017 01:24 PM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
Personally, I don't care what others think about us. People in the sports world are way, way too concerned with the opinions of those who don't matter.
01-03-2017 08:19 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert

Meh, I learned long ago to not get upset/feel disrespected by what fans of different teams/conference affiliation say about my school/conference my school is in. The sad reality is that the discourse in college sports right now promotes this intra-conference bashing. It has always been around to some extent but when you add in how the media constantly stratifies conferences coupled with the advent of the internet, the "richard measuring" has reached an all-time high.

I would add that the "fan boys" represent a small minority of people. You can't judge all fans of a school by a few trolls. Most people really don't think too much about any other school/conference other than their own (with the exception of an OOC rival).
01-04-2017 09:24 AM
OUVan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
(01-03-2017 08:19 PM)JSF Wrote:  Personally, I don't care what others think about us. People in the sports world are way, way too concerned with the opinions of those who don't matter.

I wouldn't limit your comment to just the sports world.
01-04-2017 09:59 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU

The AAC hates you because you earned something they believe they own by birthright....the access bowl slot.

CUSA hates you because they largely cr*pped the bed in realignment and went from a position of strength to the worst position of any of the G5 leagues. And even if they wanted to try and change it up, they now cant, because they're way too big as it already is.

Hope that helps.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 01:51 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
01-05-2017 01:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.