Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowl ticket sales?
Bookmark and Share
MobileBama1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: South Alabama
Bowl ticket sales?
How's everyone's bowl ticket sales going? I'm not sure about USA's but Coach Jones this morning said he was expecting a large crowd going out to Arizona
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 10:53 AM by MobileBama1.)
12-12-2016 10:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
RE: Bowl ticket sales?
(12-12-2016 10:53 AM)MobileBama1 Wrote:  How's everyone's bowl ticket sales going? I'm not sure about USA's but Coach Jones this morning said he was expecting a large crowd going out to Arizona

That would be great. I hope it happens.

Air Force doesn't really have any hard core fans to bring to a bowl game.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 12:55 PM by MWC Tex.)
12-12-2016 10:56 AM
moehler Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
I had heard App had sold their first allotment of tickets, around 3000, and are working on the second allotment, but that's just hearsay, I haven't heard anything definitive from the school.
12-12-2016 11:02 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
Bowl ticket sales?
Unfortunately we have a lot of fans with the, well I would go but..... , mentality. That along with Mobile being flooded with free tickets, I expect our sales to be less than stellar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-12-2016 11:31 AM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
Bowl ticket sales?
We've sold a couple dozen I think.

12-12-2016 11:35 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
The school claims we're selling well, but I don't really believe them.
12-12-2016 11:53 AM
RamblinRedWolf44 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas StAte
I bought 2 & donated them for any veterans in the Orlando area that may want to go
12-12-2016 01:05 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
The date is going to hurt our ticket sales....We had 37k when we went to this bowl last time...But I think we might be lucky to have 25k there. I don't see Ohio bringing but a couple thousand tops
12-12-2016 01:25 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-12-2016 01:25 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  The date is going to hurt our ticket sales....We had 37k when we went to this bowl last time...But I think we might be lucky to have 25k there. I don't see Ohio bringing but a couple thousand tops

Yes, but how many of those tickets are sold through the school, and how many buy from the bowl day of?

Mobile Bowl is sneaky about offering tickets for half the price through their website than you would pay through Troy.
12-12-2016 01:47 PM
Advertisement

Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
Bowl ticket sales?
(12-12-2016 01:47 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 01:25 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  The date is going to hurt our ticket sales....We had 37k when we went to this bowl last time...But I think we might be lucky to have 25k there. I don't see Ohio bringing but a couple thousand tops

Yes, but how many of those tickets are sold through the school, and how many buy from the bowl day of?

Mobile Bowl is sneaky about offering tickets for half the price through their website than you would pay through Troy.

That's where our fans, and likely many others need to be educated on where to purchase their tickets.

12-12-2016 03:48 PM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
According to someone on the Vandal board the Idaho ticket office had sold 3,286 tickets as of 10:00 AM Thursday. That was before student tickets went on sale.

I know quite a few bought their tickets through the bowl ticket office to avoid giving Idaho any money in protest. I had some sympathy for that but the problem is that this is a Boise bowl so if you go that route part of the sale goes to BSU. That's ... a nonstarter for me.

Weather is looking nasty. I have my tickets but it's touch and go whether we'll even be able to make the drive down.
12-12-2016 04:03 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
(12-12-2016 01:05 PM)RamblinRedWolf44 Wrote:  I bought 2 & donated them for any veterans in the Orlando area that may want to go

That is outstanding! 04-bow04-bow04-bow04-bow
12-12-2016 05:45 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
(12-12-2016 01:47 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

And that is the major scam about the bowl system and why so many people are fighting a true football playoff system (what we have now isn't even close).

Schools lose so much money with the required ticket allotment and most bowl goers find them for much much less.
12-12-2016 06:48 PM
Advertisement

MobileBama1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: South Alabama
(12-12-2016 06:48 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  Schools lose so much money with the required ticket allotment and most bowl goers find them for much much less.

I agree with you but interestingly the Arizona Bowl is different.

Quote:Air Force's payout in the Arizona Bowl is entirely dependent upon how many tickets it sells. The Dec. 30 game in Tucson is the only bowl game that doesn't openly advertise a payout, and the reason is because one doesn't exist in the traditional sense.

Air Force was given 5,000 tickets worth $192,000 to distribute, and it keeps any revenue from those sales. That money will then be given to the Mountain West, which takes all bowl payouts and divides the revenue among its 12-team membership after it aids in teams' expenses. Typically a team is guaranteed a payout and then it is penalized for any ticket it fails to sell. This is, in essence, an opposite approach
12-12-2016 08:02 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(12-12-2016 08:02 PM)MobileBama1 Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 06:48 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  Schools lose so much money with the required ticket allotment and most bowl goers find them for much much less.

Quote:Air Force's payout in the Arizona Bowl is entirely dependent upon how many tickets it sells. The Dec. 30 game in Tucson is the only bowl game that doesn't openly advertise a payout, and the reason is because one doesn't exist in the traditional sense.

Air Force was given 5,000 tickets worth $192,000 to distribute, and it keeps any revenue from those sales. That money will then be given to the Mountain West, which takes all bowl payouts and divides the revenue among its 12-team membership after it aids in teams' expenses. Typically a team is guaranteed a payout and then it is penalized for any ticket it fails to sell. This is, in essence, an opposite approach

Yep. They are doing a different approach for the teams. The more tickets each team sells the more they keep. I believe that is also in addition to what the bowl sells itself and what the community buys.
12-12-2016 08:14 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-12-2016 08:14 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 08:02 PM)MobileBama1 Wrote:  

Yep. They are doing a different approach for the teams. The more tickets each team sells the more they keep. I believe that is also in addition to what the bowl sells itself and what the community buys.

I hope there is more than 5,000 tickets possible to be given as allotment. Most schools spend more than that simply on lodging and transportation for the entire athletic department for a week.
12-12-2016 09:02 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(12-12-2016 10:56 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 10:53 AM)MobileBama1 Wrote:  How's everyone's bowl ticket sales going? I'm not sure about USA's but Coach Jones this morning said he was expecting a large crowd going out to Arizona

That would be great. I hope it happens.

Air Force doesn't really have any hard core fans to bring to a bowl game.

I've seen Air Force a couple times at the Armed Forces Bowl. They turn out some vets. My dad served in the AF and goes every time they play there.
12-12-2016 09:30 PM
Advertisement

FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
Here's one of the links I was looking for earlier.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/colle...es-6424146

If the AZ Bowl is different, I can support that.
12-12-2016 09:34 PM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
(12-12-2016 09:34 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  Here's one of the links I was looking for earlier.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/colle...es-6424146

If the AZ Bowl is different, I can support that.

well the whole concept took a turn years ago when the ncaa began mandating minimum payouts. there were few bowls and they had historic charity tie-ins and longtime rivalries between certain conferences. the games were a big deal. now there are too many and the entire bowl season has become a big marketing extravaganza. I look at the lineup each year and only see a few interesting matchups and some the rest just become background video on the tv while I do other stuff..a 12-13 game season and then some "bowl" games between a bunch of 6-6 or even 5-7 teams just spread my interest too thin.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2016 08:18 AM by runamuck.)
12-13-2016 08:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.