Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State vs. NJIT
fallsdog Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
Kent State vs. NJIT
The Flashes welcome the Islanders to the MAC Center tonight. NJIT is currently 5-5 and coming off a 74-68 loss to the Minnesota Golden Gophers. They also played Purdue tough in West Lafayette before falling 79-68 to the Boilermakers. NJIT has knocked off Colgate and Lafayette.

The Islanders are paced by leading scorer Damon Lynn (21.9 ppg) and Tim Coleman (13.8 ppg). Lynn is a 5'11 senior who also has 40 assists, leads the team in steals and is shooting 91% from the line. Coleman adds 6.5 rebounds to his solid scoring numbers.

The leading rebounder is 6'10 225 pound sophomore Abdul Lewis. Other than Lewis, NJIT doesn't seem to be very big in the paint. They do get some help from 6'6 freshman Anthony Tarke.

I have not checked out Wright State but I would guess this is the toughest game on the home-stand. Its gonna take a team effort to win it....

Kent State 86
NJIT 81
Jaylin Walker is starting to feel better....18 points.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2016 09:46 AM by fallsdog.)
12-10-2016 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

RE: Kent State vs. NJIT
You missed on Jaylin by 11 points - he scored 29. Jimmy Hall 26 points and 10 rebounds. Kent State 87-71. Solid game, 50% from the field and 100% from the line, 13 for 13.
12-10-2016 09:39 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Good performance tonight. I got a little nervous when a 20 put lead dropped to 9 but they bounced back and never were in danger the rest of the way.
12-10-2016 09:50 PM
FlashPan Offline
2nd String

Outstanding game. NJIT is no pushover. This was a major quality win.
12-11-2016 12:02 AM
Advertisement

Muskrat Online
1st String

I haven't been able to follow the team nearly as much as I would like, so perhaps I missed some news. (1) What is the status of Pippen's injury? (2) what is the status of Rosel Hurley, Taishaun Johnson and Tanner Castora?
12-11-2016 07:17 AM
OLNWFLSH Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: KSU
(12-11-2016 12:02 AM)FlashPan Wrote:  Outstanding game. NJIT is no pushover. This was a major quality win.

True a nice win over a solid team - don't know if others have followed George Mason but they are putting together some nice wins - including PSU and Northern Iowa so that close loss doesn't look so bad - on the other hand South Dakota not so much
12-11-2016 09:15 AM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
(12-11-2016 07:17 AM)Muskrat Wrote:  I haven't been able to follow the team nearly as much as I would like, so perhaps I missed some news. (1) What is the status of Pippen's injury? (2) what is the status of Rosel Hurley, Taishaun Johnson and Tanner Castora?

I haven't heard anything on Pippen but it looked like he was out of the boot and he took a few jumpers in pregame. Johnson and Castora are both redshirting due to transferring. No idea on Hurley.
12-11-2016 09:17 AM
Advertisement

cleveland Online
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(12-11-2016 09:17 AM)anti-zip Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 07:17 AM)Muskrat Wrote:  I haven't been able to follow the team nearly as much as I would like, so perhaps I missed some news. (1) What is the status of Pippen's injury? (2) what is the status of Rosel Hurley, Taishaun Johnson and Tanner Castora?

I haven't heard anything on Pippen but it looked like he was out of the boot and he took a few jumpers in pregame. Johnson and Castora are both redshirting due to transferring. No idea on Hurley.

Johnson not cleared till next year ... Pippen some kind of leg/foot??? injury should be back in two weeks??? ... Hurley some kind of leg injury as well, has not practiced in over a month ... Castora????
12-11-2016 09:35 AM
Muskrat Online
1st String

Thanks, anti-zip and Cleveland!
12-11-2016 10:08 AM
cschierh Online
1st String

Hurley has groin injury and is out indefinitely. X-rays were negative on Pippen's foot.

Team is off for week for finals. I'd guess Pippen will be back vs. Wright State Sunday.
12-11-2016 10:44 AM
Advertisement

luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
NJIT is a solid team but we cant get so sloppy with the ball as we did in 2nd half. way too many TO"s and NJIT beat us on the "O" boards. Good win but need to clean things up for the next 3 games heading in to MAC play.
12-11-2016 01:02 PM
GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
I am beginning to really like this team. Can not remember this much raw athletic ability on a KSU team. So many possible pieces and parts. Nice problem for Sendy.
12-11-2016 01:29 PM
FlashPan Offline
2nd String

Watching Jaylin Walker perform is poetry in motion. This kid is just getting better and better each game. He's cagey, sneaky and very hard to predict by the opposing team. One of the best players I've seen in a KSU uniform in quite some time. Keep it rolling!
12-11-2016 02:34 PM
Advertisement

anti-zip Offline
All American

(12-11-2016 01:02 PM)luckyflash Wrote:  NJIT is a solid team but we cant get so sloppy with the ball as we did in 2nd half. way too many TO"s and NJIT beat us on the "O" boards. Good win but need to clean things up for the next 3 games heading in to MAC play.

How much trouble their press gave us late in the game was concerning as well.
12-11-2016 06:47 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

(12-11-2016 02:34 PM)FlashPan Wrote:  Watching Jaylin Walker perform is poetry in motion. This kid is just getting better and better each game. He's cagey, sneaky and very hard to predict by the opposing team. One of the best players I've seen in a KSU uniform in quite some time. Keep it rolling!

I like Walker too but let's not get carried away. At this point he's really just a scorer. A very good scorer but he's not doing much else. From what I've seen he needs to apply that athleticism to his defense. Got beat too many times last night.
12-11-2016 06:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.