Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lane Kiffin to CUSA
Bookmark and Share
Nugget's Ghostbuster Offline
Banned

I Root For: Southern Miss
Lane Kiffin to CUSA
Lane and his pretty wife are considering sunny Boca Raton and FAU for his head coaching return. I'm sure Lane and Butch Davis will have 2 years of solid success in CUSA starting next season before jumping to a power 5 conference.
12-09-2016 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DaphneEagle Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Lane Kiffin to CUSA
(12-09-2016 08:00 PM)Nuggets Ghostbuster Wrote:  Lane and his pretty wife are considering sunny Boca Raton and FAU for his head coaching return. I'm sure Lane and Butch Davis will have 2 years of solid success in CUSA starting next season before jumping to a power 5 conference.
12-09-2016 09:24 PM
DaphneEagle Offline
Water Engineer

If he leaves BAMA it will be without his wife. She filed for divorce in March!
12-09-2016 09:25 PM
eagle04 Offline
All American

Kiffin to FAU is done deal if reports are correct.
12-12-2016 10:57 AM
EagNBran Offline
All American

Kinda sickening to see many of our conference mates really investing in their programs with big hires and we seem to care less.
12-12-2016 11:44 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-12-2016 10:57 AM)eagle04 Wrote:  Kiffin to FAU is done deal if reports are correct.

when someone on the cous cous board claimed he had taken the UH spot, I posted the following....

Quote:he's seen how g5 success can yield dividends.....after screwing the pooch at raiders/vols/trojans, he doesn't have any opportunities left to jump straight to the big boys.....and UH has the cash to pay him enough to make the move...

he wants back in calling the shots....he's a narcissist of the ng kind....

edit: here's the entire thread.... http://csnbbs.com/thread-801680-post-138...id13889782
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 11:48 AM by stinkfist.)
12-12-2016 11:47 AM
Advertisement

HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(12-12-2016 11:44 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  Kinda sickening to see many of our conference mates really investing in their programs with big hires and we seem to care less.

First off, maybe we can get the IHL to sign off on us charging students $17+ per course hour to subsidize our athletic budget like they do:

http://www.fau.edu/controller/student-se...akdown.php

Secondly, if we hired somebody like Kiffin, before the ink even dried on his contact, we'd have people counting the days until he left. "He doesn't care about USM....He's just using us to get a payday....He pays too much attention to his hair....Rabble, rabble, etc." Shoot, he probably wouldn't kiss enough ass and people would still be talking about how horrible he was 4 years after being successful enough to land a better gig.
12-12-2016 12:30 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-12-2016 12:30 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 11:44 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  Kinda sickening to see many of our conference mates really investing in their programs with big hires and we seem to care less.

First off, maybe we can get the IHL to sign off on us charging students $17+ per course hour to subsidize our athletic budget like they do:

http://www.fau.edu/controller/student-se...akdown.php

Secondly, if we hired somebody like Kiffin, before the ink even dried on his contact, we'd have people counting the days until he left. "He doesn't care about USM....He's just using us to get a payday....He pays too much attention to his hair....Rabble, rabble, etc." Shoot, he probably wouldn't kiss enough ass and people would still be talking about how horrible he was 4 years after being successful enough to land a better gig.

there is no questioning how screwed we are long term unless the state legislature steps up or warren hood hits his head on a stone and decides to chuck a major portion into the mix....

to the second point......as any lower tier fans would.....they already understand this at f_a....it was UH's unwillingness to let him out after a couple of years as to why he didn't get that one...

I've asked for contract details on the cous cous board....somebody will post them....
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 12:44 PM by stinkfist.)
12-12-2016 12:43 PM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

From several reports this is all about that's been released that I've seen:

The deal is for five years but did not share financial details.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 01:02 PM by usm99.)
12-12-2016 12:59 PM
Ace Barker Offline
Banned

I Root For: BSC and USM
Following Howard's lead and get out of the Kiddie Kar Konference.

Ace...
12-12-2016 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
usm99 Offline
Heisman

from espn.com

Kiffin's contract with Alabama was set to expire after this season, and he wasn't expected to return, helping to explain why he made a hard push to find a head-coaching job -- even if it meant a step down in prestige and most likely a pay cut.

"Lane appreciates the opportunity Nick Saban gave him and feels good about everything Alabama accomplished during his three years there, but he was at a point in his career where he was ready to go prove that he could be a head coach again," a source close to the situation told ESPN.com.

Kiffin's salary at FAU will average in the $1 million range annually, according to sources. He was making $1.4 million per year as Alabama's offensive coordinator.
12-12-2016 03:21 PM
Advertisement

Nugget's Ghostbuster Offline
Banned

Butch Davis has a base of $900k in year 1 at FIU but it moves to $1 million in year 3 I believe.
12-12-2016 09:09 PM
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
Hopson is at what $500,000?

These are our conference mates that we love to belittle about how crappy they are. Myself included. I hate being in CUSA with that crap. Fact remains that they seem to understand what needs to happen with $$$.
12-13-2016 08:50 AM
EagNBran Offline
All American

We understood in 08 what needed to happen with money. Then our donors didn't give what they promised. We also had to deal with paying Johnson and Monken at once.

We need to up our pay scale. We also need to upgrade a lot of other things at USM, basketball arena first.
12-13-2016 11:00 AM
4thsteagle Offline
Water Engineer

He's going to do better now...time under Saban should help him not act like a complete doofus. FAU will be good...great hire for them.
12-13-2016 02:08 PM
theheadeagle Offline
2nd String

(12-13-2016 08:50 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  Hopson is at what $500,000?

These are our conference mates that we love to belittle about how crappy they are. Myself included. I hate being in CUSA with that crap. Fact remains that they seem to understand what needs to happen with $$$.

Hopson isn't worth more than $500,000. Lane Kiffen is worth substantially more. Comparing apples to oranges here. Fedora was worth more....and we paid him more. Hopson is a damn project coach....we have zero idea of what he plans to do, how good he is, etc etc. Our AD simply looked for stability and that was apparently it.
12-14-2016 10:41 AM
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

Whether we pay Hop $500k or $500 million, hes still the same coach. Im glad hes only getting $500k. It would be stupid to pay him more than we needed to. If he turns things back around and wins like hes suppose to against these crapusa schools, then he will get a raise and we will be in better position to give him one. If we went after a bigger coach, we would have paid him more than $500k.
12-14-2016 11:10 AM
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
I guess that was my point. We didn't go big, we went with the small-time mindset. Look, I like Hopson and I sure as hell hope that he is successful here. It just would have been nice to have made a bigger splash with our hire coming of the season we had just had.
12-14-2016 11:30 AM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Italians
...Learn To Love Him.

[Image: jayyy.jpg]
12-14-2016 11:40 AM
99beers Offline
Banned

I Root For: So Miss
(12-14-2016 11:30 AM)EagleFWB Wrote:  I guess that was my point. We didn't go big, we went with the small-time mindset. Look, I like Hopson and I sure as hell hope that he is successful here. It just would have been nice to have made a bigger splash with our hire coming of the season we had just had.

We settled for second best......... we seem to do that a lot.
12-14-2016 11:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.