Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Brohm to Cincinnati??
Bookmark and Share
LouisvilleHilltopper Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
Brohm to Cincinnati??
Since we have a thread about every other job opening.
12-04-2016 11:12 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
RE: Brohm to Cincinnati??
(12-04-2016 11:12 PM)LouisvilleHilltopper Wrote:  Since we have a thread about every other job opening.

I can see the Brohm to Baylor or the Brohm to Purdue but I honestly can't understand Brohm to Cincy. Not in the P5. They can pay him much more than Western but I'd be surprised if he pulls the Cincy trigger.

If he does then there's some good reasons. I trust him to do what's best for his family and if he takes Cincy then he has big plans there.

I wish him the best no matter where he ends up. I'll take him here as long as he wants to stay....lol.
12-04-2016 11:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
doughtyrowdy Offline
2nd String

This job makes more upward mobility sense to me. Purdue is a career killer job and Baylor is a guilty by association toxic dump currently. Still, Tommy Tuberville crashed and burned there. Right now, Cincy would pay more than WKU and there is a recent history of career advancement with the 3 coaches before TT. IDK - the up side is not that much more than his current job since it's still a G5 job
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2016 11:55 PM by doughtyrowdy.)
12-04-2016 11:32 PM
LouisvilleHilltopper Offline
Special Teams

I could see him wanting to turn Cincinnati into something like Louisville. It's set-up for it the same way that Louisville was, but with it larger metro area.
12-04-2016 11:36 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(12-04-2016 11:36 PM)LouisvilleHilltopper Wrote:  I could see him wanting to turn Cincinnati into something like Louisville. It's set-up for it the same way that Louisville was, but with it larger metro area.

All true except it's in the AAC and not the ACC like Louieville.

To me that's the biggest hindrance. If coaches can jump to the SEC from Arky State then they can jump from here. I don't think he needs to prove himself again at a place like Cincy to make the next jump.

I don't think Purdue is as bad as some say. It's opposite the 2 big dogs. The biggest drawback is the entrance standards. But they'd build a statue of him if he wins 9-10 games a year there. He can do that with ooc scheduling and then just Brohming the west of the Big 10,
12-04-2016 11:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CincyDave Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
UC has tons of money and great facilities. Nippert Stadium is one the true gems of college football. It's the Wrigley Field of college football. UC can easily put up the money Purdue can. Until this past year winning has not been a problem for UC. They were very close to moving up to the P5.

There are down sides. Cincinnati is a pro-sports town and UC can struggle with attendance because of this. UC will never reach Louisville's level in football. Very few non-alums follow the team or go to the games, especially when they're not doing well. They'll just always play second fiddle to the Bengals.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 07:32 AM by CincyDave.)
12-05-2016 07:32 AM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
Our last 2 coaches went to Tennessee and Cal so I think Brohm can do better than Cincy. He is a better coach than both Dooley & Dykes too.
12-05-2016 08:11 AM
Theflash Offline
1st String

(12-05-2016 07:32 AM)CincyDave Wrote:  UC has tons of money and great facilities. Nippert Stadium is one the true gems of college football. It's the Wrigley Field of college football. UC can easily put up the money Purdue can. Until this past year winning has not been a problem for UC. They were very close to moving up to the P5.

There are down sides. Cincinnati is a pro-sports town and UC can struggle with attendance because of this. UC will never reach Louisville's level in football. Very few non-alums follow the team or go to the games, especially when they're not doing well. They'll just always play second fiddle to the Bengals.
I have been thinking this is the 1 for him, but you bring up some good arguments against it. I have no clue...with those arguments against UC, I could see him staying here 1 more year (if choosing Purdue, UC, or Baylor).
12-05-2016 08:13 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 11:42 AM by 49RFootballNow.)
12-05-2016 11:41 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.