Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AState at TXST on ESPN2
Bookmark and Share
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
AState at TXST on ESPN2
6:30pm kickoff (thanks Warhawk)
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016 04:28 PM by arkstfan.)
11-21-2016 04:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
RE: AState at TXST on ESPN2
6:30 kickoff
11-21-2016 04:24 PM
_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
Ugh...

I don't even want to be on TV. Can we just forfeit?
11-21-2016 04:51 PM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
AState at TXST on ESPN2
Pretty neat ESPN picked up a game that may have title implications. They're pulling hard for ULL this weekend I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-21-2016 05:09 PM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
Not to derail but I'm curious -- does anyone know how much input the Sun Belt itself gets on which games get picked up by ESPN? We're good enough now to potentially draw some interest, especially when the decisions get made on scheduling midweek games next year, but I'd think we'd be pretty much the last team the conference would want getting the exposure. So how much of this is out of Karl Benson's control?
11-21-2016 05:13 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

It'll be great to show off an empty stadium and a butt whoopin on national tv.
11-21-2016 05:18 PM
Advertisement

Paraprosdokian Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: stAte
(11-21-2016 05:13 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  Not to derail but I'm curious -- does anyone know how much input the Sun Belt itself gets on which games get picked up by ESPN? We're good enough now to potentially draw some interest, especially when the decisions get made on scheduling midweek games next year, but I'd think we'd be pretty much the last team the conference would want getting the exposure. So how much of this is out of Karl Benson's control?

0%

ESPN decides, not the Sun Belt. They'll pick the highest profile team with the most post-season possibility/impact. I'd expect some Idaho games to get picked up going down the stretch since they have a shot at a bowl.
11-21-2016 05:29 PM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

(11-21-2016 05:29 PM)Paraprosdokian Wrote:  
(11-21-2016 05:13 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  Not to derail but I'm curious -- does anyone know how much input the Sun Belt itself gets on which games get picked up by ESPN? We're good enough now to potentially draw some interest, especially when the decisions get made on scheduling midweek games next year, but I'd think we'd be pretty much the last team the conference would want getting the exposure. So how much of this is out of Karl Benson's control?

0%

ESPN decides, not the Sun Belt. They'll pick the highest profile team with the most post-season possibility/impact. I'd expect some Idaho games to get picked up going down the stretch since they have a shot at a bowl.

Wrong.
11-21-2016 06:16 PM
WolfBird Offline
All American

I Root For:
AState at TXST on ESPN2
(11-21-2016 06:16 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  

0%

Wrong.

It's heavily ESPN influenced, but no there will be no Idaho games on tv the next two weeks.

11-21-2016 06:43 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
AState at TXST on ESPN2
Conference can make suggestions. But ESPN has final call
11-21-2016 06:48 PM
LatahCounty Offline
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
(11-21-2016 06:43 PM)WolfBird Wrote:  

0%

Wrong.

It's heavily ESPN influenced, but no there will be no Idaho games on tv the next two weeks.

Yeah. I was actually more curious about next year. If ESPN wants Idaho in a midweek game, does the conference have to go along with it?
11-21-2016 07:22 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
In the History of Great Ideas . . .

. . . This ranks right up there with labeling a ship (Titanic) as Unsinkable . . . .
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016 07:59 PM by Bobcat87.)
11-21-2016 07:59 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-21-2016 07:22 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  

0%

Wrong.

Yeah. I was actually more curious about next year. If ESPN wants Idaho in a midweek game, does the conference have to go along with it?

In theory they could, but it won't happen. My guess is Troy/AState/App get the Tuesday Midweek games. I could see you guys getting a Thursday, but the issue is travel. That's a bear of a trip for any team, I can't imagine having to travel to Idaho, or Vice Versa on a short week.
11-21-2016 09:57 PM
trapdrawApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(11-21-2016 09:57 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-21-2016 07:22 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  
(11-21-2016 05:29 PM)Paraprosdokian Wrote:  0%

Wrong.

In theory they could, but it won't happen. My guess is Troy/AState/App get the Tuesday Midweek games. I could see you guys getting a Thursday, but the issue is travel. That's a bear of a trip for any team, I can't imagine having to travel to Idaho, or Vice Versa on a short week.

Tuesday or Wednesday?
11-22-2016 07:33 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(11-21-2016 07:22 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  Yeah. I was actually more curious about next year. If ESPN wants Idaho in a midweek game, does the conference have to go along with it?

This is one of those "only in college athletics" things.

ESPN will ask the conference if Idaho would move App to say Tuesday night.
Idaho says yes or no.
The thing is, if Idaho says no, then ESPN can move on and select another game or they can just point to the contract and say we don't care whether you like it or not, the game is being moved.

They try to approach it from a "partnership" viewpoint and ask the school to agree but if ESPN really wants the game on Tuesday they can force it.
11-22-2016 08:56 AM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

(11-22-2016 08:56 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(11-21-2016 07:22 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  Yeah. I was actually more curious about next year. If ESPN wants Idaho in a midweek game, does the conference have to go along with it?

Idaho says yes or no.
The thing is, if Idaho says no, then ESPN can move on and select another game or they can just point to the contract and say we don't care whether you like it or not, the game is being moved.

They try to approach it from a "partnership" viewpoint and ask the school to agree but if ESPN really wants the game on Tuesday they can force it.

An Idaho Tuesday night game would not be as bad as a Thursday night game as you are off the week before so no short week travel issues.
11-22-2016 10:00 AM
Advertisement

Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

Honestly as a TXST fan this blows that we have to show off our beautiful stadium with an empty crowd and an asswhooping on national TV. JMU folks are gonna love it, but on the positive side it's great that ESPN wants to do this. Has ESPN ever picked up Sun Belt games this late in the year? And what is the most SBC games that ESPN has shown in a year?
11-22-2016 02:06 PM
RedWolf_Marine Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Arkansas State

Idaho says yes or no.

According to our AD didn't that happen this year? ESPN asked them to move a game and he said "No", then the conference called and asked and he said "No", then ESPN called and said "The games moved planned accordingly."

That is how he basically explained it on the radio earlier, it may have been the GaSo game.
11-22-2016 02:12 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
(11-22-2016 02:12 PM)RedWolf_Marine Wrote:  

Idaho says yes or no.

According to our AD didn't that happen this year? ESPN asked them to move a game and he said "No", then the conference called and asked and he said "No", then ESPN called and said "The games moved planned accordingly."

That is how he basically explained it on the radio earlier, it may have been the GaSo game.
I think that was Mohajir's narrative in explaining the Friday night home game against Toledo.
11-22-2016 02:53 PM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
This is a good deal.

stAte (the presumed conference champ) gets to show off how dominant they are, improving the image of the team.

We get to REALLY showcase how nice our stadium is, without those pesky "fans" to distract the eye from the wonderful architecture.

This is a win all the way around, guys.
11-22-2016 02:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.