Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chili’s under fire after manager takes free meal from vet on Veterans Day
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Chili’s under fire after manager takes free meal from vet on Veterans Day
I'm torn here. On one hand I support the Vets but on the other hand I also support my fellow Trumpers asking for that fellas papers. #maga

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nati.../93801158/
11-14-2016 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: Chili’s under fire after manager takes free meal from vet on Veterans Day
(11-14-2016 03:26 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  I'm torn here. On one hand I support the Vets but on the other hand I also support my fellow Trumpers asking for that fellas papers. #maga

Why the F would you support a private citizen asking to see the Vets' papers? That's harrassment, and guess what the person being harrassed is ....of course....not white.

The manager should be fired, publicly.
11-14-2016 04:20 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
What a dirt bag. Why would he do that?
11-14-2016 04:22 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2016 04:22 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  What a dirt bag. Why would he do that?

The OP? Trolling probably. Otherwise its flat out harrassment advocacy.

The Manager? Racism probably. White dude questioned Black man, so you know white guy has to be right. At least that's how institutional racism works. And the vet had proof of his vet status. And the manager STILL humiliated him. He should be fired, publicly.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 04:26 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
11-14-2016 04:25 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(11-14-2016 04:25 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

The Manager? Racism probably. White dude questioned Black man, so you know white guy has to be right. At least that's how institutional racism works. And the vet had proof of his vet status. And the manager STILL humiliated him. He should be fired, publicly.

Well I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of service dogs in places where people eat but to question a guys Veteran status is just plain wrong.
11-14-2016 04:28 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2016 04:28 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Well I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of service dogs in places where people eat but to question a guys Veteran status is just plain wrong.

Yea, I don't like service dogs either, but you have to allow them.

But the real point is the racist harrassment by DJT supporters. These people didn't win any mandate. In fact they lost. And their racism is going to backfire against them, spectacularly.
11-14-2016 04:31 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(11-14-2016 04:31 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

But the real point is the racist harrassment by DJT supporters. These people didn't win any mandate. In fact they lost. And their racism is going to backfire against them, spectacularly.

Boy, oh boy.

You're just looking for the pound of flesh and don't care much who's it is, aren't you.

I admittedly may have missed it, but where and when did the shift manager at a chili's announce he was a Trump supporter? You ever worked in a restaurant? You think they're a bunch of right wingers? 03-lmfao

You DO recall the drive thru coward at Chi-fil-A screaming at that little teenage girl, right? Was he a Trump guy too? Cause he was white as well...

Totally unhinged. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 04:38 PM by JMUDunk.)
11-14-2016 04:36 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2016 04:20 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(11-14-2016 03:26 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  I'm torn here. On one hand I support the Vets but on the other hand I also support my fellow Trumpers asking for that fellas papers. #maga

Why the F would you support a private citizen asking to see the Vets' papers? That's harrassment, and guess what the person being harrassed is ....of course....not white.

The manager should be fired, publicly.

A private citizen has the right to ask for papers. I think it's in the constitution or something. That's how we got Obama to produced his papers.
11-14-2016 04:37 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2016 04:36 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Boy, oh boy.

You're just looking for the pound of flesh and don't care much who's it is, aren't you.

I admittedly may have missed it, but where and when did the shift manager at a chili's announce he was a Trump supporter?

You DO recall the drive thru coward at Chi-fil-A screaming at that little teenage girl, right? Was he a Trump guy too? Cause he was white as well...

I don't know if he is but a guy wearing a Trump shirt asked the manager for the Vet to produce his papers.

According to Walker, he went to Chili’s, which was offering free Veterans Day meals, with his service dog and was waiting for his to-go order when an older white man questioned him about his military service.

"[He] asked me what unit did I serve in the 24th, I said no the 25th. He said he was in World War 2 in Germany and we did not see people like you over there,” Walker wrote. “They would not allow blacks.”

Walker said he just listened to the man, who was wearing a Trump shirt, and continued to wait for his food.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 04:40 PM by firmbizzle.)
11-14-2016 04:38 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
why the **** does everything have to be about racism??? I dont support the manager's decision one bit, but this doesnt have anything to do with racism. Get a ******* grip people.
11-14-2016 04:38 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2016 04:38 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  why the **** does everything have to be about racism??? I dont support the manager's decision one bit, but this doesnt have anything to do with racism. Get a ******* grip people.

I know right! Asking somebody for papers is not racism. It's due diligence.
11-14-2016 04:41 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(11-14-2016 04:38 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  
(11-14-2016 04:36 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(11-14-2016 04:25 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  The OP? Trolling probably. Otherwise its flat out harrassment advocacy.

Boy, oh boy.

I admittedly may have missed it, but where and when did the shift manager at a chili's announce he was a Trump supporter?

I don't know if he is but a guy wearing a Trump shirt asked the manager for the Vet to produce his papers.

According to Walker, he went to Chili’s, which was offering free Veterans Day meals, with his service dog and was waiting for his to-go order when an older white man questioned him about his military service.

"[He] asked me what unit did I serve in the 24th, I said no the 25th. He said he was in World War 2 in Germany and we did not see people like you over there,” Walker wrote. “They would not allow blacks.”

Walker said he just listened to the man, who was wearing a Trump shirt, and continued to wait for his food.

Wait.

Two guys, one black, the other supposedly white and of course wearing a the obligatory Trump shirt, happened upon each other at some Chilis in nowhereville Tx. And they both were WWII vets?!? So these two 90+++ YO guys happened to be out alone grabbing their free grub from the Chilis and said Germany vet decides to start an argument and complain to management to come fight with a 90 year old guy?

Yea, not sure I'm buying this entire thing AT ALL. The possibility of this happening as it is written has to be about the same % as getting hit by a bus in a bowling alley while scoring a strike. 07-coffee3
11-14-2016 05:01 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2016 04:38 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  why the **** does everything have to be about racism??? I dont support the manager's decision one bit, but this doesnt have anything to do with racism. Get a ******* grip people.

When white people stop asking people of color to prove things they'd never ask of a white person.

And sorry guys, but if you're wearing DJT clothing, you're going to be assumed to be a racist. Especially if you're going after the person of color.

And why the F does that old Trumpeteer even care?

This sh*t is constant. On a scale of 1-10, your white entitlement is about 2million. People aren't going to put up with this much longer.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 05:06 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
11-14-2016 05:05 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(11-14-2016 05:05 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

When white people stop asking people of color to prove things they'd never ask of a white person.

And sorry guys, but if you're wearing DJT clothing, you're going to be assumed to be a racist. Especially if you're going after the person of color.

This sh*t is constant. On a scale of 1-10, your white entitlement is about 2million. People aren't going to put up with this much longer.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

You can't even prove THIS happened. You realize BOTH these guys would probably be approaching 95 YO's old, right? And the supposed white guy, wearing the Trump shirt of course, decides to drive his walker over to question the black guy out of the blue?

We'll see. I wonder what page the retraction will be on.

And to the bolded above, you are just flat-out wrong on that. White vets AND black vets call posers out for stolen valor, wearing fake or reproduction medals, fake uniforms trying to get preferential service or upgrades and other stuff all the time.

No idea if that may have played a part here, cause all we see is a grainy video and the 95YO running home and posting it to his facebook page.

And all this seems on the up and up to you? hmmmmm.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 05:16 PM by JMUDunk.)
11-14-2016 05:09 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I have white entitlement?

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

you know I am hispanic right?

11-14-2016 05:15 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-14-2016 05:15 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  

George Zimmerman had a Latino grandmom but he's still a racist.
11-14-2016 05:17 PM
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

(11-14-2016 05:17 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(11-14-2016 05:15 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  

George Zimmerman had a Latino grandmom but he's still a racist.

oh boy am I glad that you label someone racist by just asking if they are a veteran or not. So please, tell me more about how racist it is asking someone if he is a veteran or not. 07-coffee3
11-14-2016 05:18 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

I suggest you take about a half hour off from being our resident SJW drama queen and go to Youtube and search "stolen valor" and get back to be about never asking a white person to prove they actually served.

Here's one example

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 05:21 PM by Kaplony.)
11-14-2016 05:20 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

(11-14-2016 05:20 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

I suggest you take about a half hour off from being our resident SJW drama queen and go to Youtube and search "stolen valor" and get back to be about never asking a white person to prove they actually served.

11-14-2016 05:21 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Wait, so let me get this straight, veteran goes in and somehow gets twisted off so he argues with the manager. Manager takes free meal away because veteran is a dick. We all agree he is a real veteran.

I honestly don't see the problem.

If you are going to avail yourself of private benefits as a veteran you have to face a certain level of scrutiny. He has every right to ask to see the paperwork.

From what little I have seen the real headline ought to be "Veteran Denied Meal For Being A Dick."
11-14-2016 05:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.