ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Atmosphere Discussion
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
-Glad we didn't do the We are Monarchs Chant.
-Crowd with exception of student section for the most part were there for the intro.
-We sorely need a start of the 4th quarter tradition. Maybe raise and OUR HOUSE or 12 th Monarch Flag with some kind of chant or pump me up video.
-The timing of the intro and lack of a clear beginning to Crazy Train right before the team takes the field really hurts the excitement and intensity. Nobody stands anymore for the intro. We need the whole stadium rocking during the intro.
-heard the issue with student getting into the game is there is a single line and it takes too long to scan them in. That should be an easy fix.
11-06-2016 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Bluezilla Offline
All American

Still believe we should go with this. Can you imagine Foreman and the Ted rocking during the chorus parts of this? Dr. chandler, who can we funnel these ideas towards?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4-AJqYyHjDw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 09:50 AM by Big Bluezilla.)
11-06-2016 09:49 AM
ODUalum78 Offline
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

I Root For: ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
RE: Game Atmosphere Discussion
(11-06-2016 09:49 AM)Big Bluezilla Wrote:  Still believe we should go with this. Can you imagine Foreman and the Ted rocking during the chorus parts of this? Dr. chandler, who can we funnel these ideas towards?

fully agree
04-cheers
11-06-2016 03:04 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

(11-06-2016 03:04 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 09:49 AM)Big Bluezilla Wrote:  Still believe we should go with this. Can you imagine Foreman and the Ted rocking during the chorus parts of this? Dr. chandler, who can we funnel these ideas towards?

fully agree
04-cheers

This would be perfect for the pump up / Highlight video right before.....all aboard (Crazy Train) !
11-06-2016 03:13 PM
xxxoduxxx Offline
2nd String

I Root For: XXXODUXXX
I really like this song and I know there are tons of adults who know the lyrics and would join too. Especially the chorus part. Lets do this ODU!!

11-06-2016 04:20 PM
GhentFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU YALE MN NDSU
(11-06-2016 03:04 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  

fully agree
04-cheers

Plenty of time to get something made for the next game.
11-06-2016 04:30 PM
Advertisement

DWING Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU & JMU & ECU
Still late getting loud on third (and fourth) down. We need to start making noise as soon as second down is over to disrupt the play call coming in and continue being loud all the way through the snap. It's a long time, but that is where the 12th Monarch can play a role in the game
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 04:37 PM by DWING.)
11-06-2016 04:37 PM
Chillie Willie Offline
All American

(11-06-2016 04:37 PM)DWING Wrote:  Still late getting loud on third (and fourth) down. We need to start making noise as soon as second down is over to disrupt the play call coming in and continue being loud all the way through the snap. It's a long time, but that is where the 12th Monarch can play a role in the game
That is a long time. I think if you start when the offense comes to the line then we have a better chance of keeping it loud through the snap.
11-06-2016 05:06 PM
bit_9 Offline

I typically stand up after 2nd down and start trying to get people motivated and going and by the time they head to line for play everyone is loud. I think we're pretty darn loud on 3rd.

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.
11-06-2016 05:23 PM
DWING Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU & JMU & ECU
(11-06-2016 05:06 PM)Chillie Willie Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 04:37 PM)DWING Wrote:  Still late getting loud on third (and fourth) down. We need to start making noise as soon as second down is over to disrupt the play call coming in and continue being loud all the way through the snap. It's a long time, but that is where the 12th Monarch can play a role in the game
That is a long time. I think if you start when the offense comes to the line then we have a better chance of keeping it loud through the snap.

Agree, it's a long time and we may never get there, but that is indeed where the crowd can have an effect.
11-06-2016 08:01 PM
GhentFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU YALE MN NDSU
(11-06-2016 05:23 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  I typically stand up after 2nd down and start trying to get people motivated and going and by the time they head to line for play everyone is loud. I think we're pretty darn loud on 3rd.

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.

Part of that, is that I think the announcer sort of prompts the crowd to get loud with how he announces the 3rd or 4th and X.

How do you train a crowd to be loud all the time when our D is on the field?
11-06-2016 08:31 PM
Advertisement

Grommet Offline
Shamma Lamma Ding Dong

It's just habit. I'm typically louder when the D is out on 1/2 even if it's just clapping (I'm a loud clapper), and I'm standing and yelling on 3/4.

If I need to talk to my wife or speak to the boy, I do that when the O is out.

There are exceptions, like asking what the creep with the binoculars is looking at.
11-06-2016 09:23 PM
Chillie Willie Offline
All American

I'm not the creep but I've thought about bringing binoculars to zoom in on stuff across the stadium or the other sideline but I'm not sure where we put them I'll have to remember to find them. I didn't think about checking out the cheerleaders but that would be a bonus.
11-07-2016 12:47 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(11-06-2016 04:20 PM)xxxoduxxx Wrote:  I really like this song and I know there are tons of adults who know the lyrics and would join too. Especially the chorus part. Lets do this ODU!!

03-puke

One of the most annoying, get in your head songs ever recorded.
11-07-2016 01:03 PM
bit_9 Offline

Yeah. That's a neat song but in no way embodies the fan base that I can think of. Other than everyone more than likely knows the words. On the other hand... maybe that''s what it takes. Simple.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2016 01:15 PM by bit_9.)
11-07-2016 01:14 PM
MonGNARch Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Ol' Dirty
I've listened to Bon Jovi my whole life (thanks Dad) but that song just doesn't do it for me. It's probably the best option we have but it just seems cheesy
11-07-2016 01:25 PM
Advertisement

Big Bluezilla Offline
All American

(11-07-2016 01:03 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 04:20 PM)xxxoduxxx Wrote:  I really like this song and I know there are tons of adults who know the lyrics and would join too. Especially the chorus part. Lets do this ODU!!

03-puke

One of the most annoying, get in your head songs ever recorded.

I'm with ^. Not a fan of the song for our purposes.

11-07-2016 01:26 PM
Punk Offline
1st String

(11-07-2016 01:25 PM)MonGNARch Wrote:  I've listened to Bon Jovi my whole life (thanks Dad) but that song just doesn't do it for me. It's probably the best option we have but it just seems cheesy

ODU seems to use the Flo Rida song in their videos. It was in the Marshall "trailer" video and it's also used during the commercials on CUSA.tv for basketball when showing the whole team. I assume that is also shown on the scoreboard at the Ted.
11-07-2016 01:28 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

How much does it cost to fly a couple guys in for the game vs. all the equipment for sitting in a studio? I don't mind the studio if the guys actually know what's going on, but it would be nice for them to interview players and coaches and know who they are. And actually see whats going on during the game.
11-07-2016 01:36 PM
booman Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NSU
I remember the first time in foreman, y'all were so loud I defense became a mess. Please don't tell me you are losing that edge?
11-08-2016 06:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.